main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Galactic Empire Network

Discussion in 'Fan Sites' started by Emp, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emp

Emp Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    Title : Galactic Empire Network
    Description : A fan site dedicated to celebrating the Star Wars Saga and its fans. With Images, Sounds, Forums, Interactive Maps, Fiction, Fonts, News, (Star Wars AND Entertainment)...and much much more
    URL : http://www.galacticempire.net

:)

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Looks nice! I really like the separation of all the various elements that make up your site - at first I thought your news updates were Google ads though. :p Good stuff!

3. Emp

Dec 10, 2000
    Yeah, I can see where the headlines look like Google Ads now...time for a rethink.

4. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Your galaxy map is fantastic. I only wish it was the more in depth map done at www.nav-computer.com (no longer up, I believe). The layouts in general are nice, though the images in many of the sections have the film graphic around the thumbnails, which isnt particularly aesthetically pleasing. Otherwise, it does have a bit of a random feel to it, in terms of just having a little bit of everything. It is obvious a lot of time goes into building and maintaining the site, and it looks like you have an active community on it.

5. Emp

Dec 10, 2000
    The map is something I'm very proud of and WILL be updated...as for the images, the filmstrip is default but I'm sure there may be something else that looks better, I just use the stock surrounds that come with Photopost.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for the kind words.

6. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Hey Emp, mate. Good to see your site advertised on here.

Nice site for movingimages too. Didn't know you were going to be doing a site for them.

7. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    That map is absolutely incredible. An immediate bookmark.

8. Emp

Dec 10, 2000
    Oh, I'm not responsible for the MiT site I just link to it as a way of supporting Alex, gotta try and let people know of the greatness of that shop.

:D

9. Emp

Dec 10, 2000
    Thank You for your kind words.

10. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    In case you see this thread, I just wanted to let you know that, to this day, I still use this map for reference and gave the link to members of my RP board to use as well. It's been incredibly helpful, and I want to thank you for that.

11. Emp

Dec 10, 2000
    You are more than welcome my friend.

12. Havoc1976

Havoc1976 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    I just wanted to say that it is a fantastic site, and your galaxy map is 100 times better than mine.

13. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    GEN is great and was before it shut down for those few years, I was really glad when I discovered it came back. Unfortunately I have not visited it in ages because I've got far too many other forums that I have to visit constantly :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.