O.C, CA Galactic Playground Lightsaber battle

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    Greetings all, The Galactic Playground is coming up in early October. (the weekend of the 8th and 9th I believe) As we understand it it's basically a sort of "Sci Fi Rennaisance Faire".
    We have been asked if we can organize a lightsaber battle. To that end I need to know how many fighters can be there. If you are interested, please post here and include which day you can make it (or both, though we do not yet know if overnight camping is allowed) and also which "side" you will be on and if you have your own combat ready lightsaber.

Thanks everyone!
  2. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I beleive overnight camping is permitted. I'll check it out when I speak to them and update you.
  3. LizardJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    The 9th is a Monday.

If its a Saturday-Sunday shindig, and I have enough notice, as of now I can do both days. I would def. say Sunday, but I have no idea whats going to be going on that weekend.

So thats where I stand.

And I'm a good girl O:)
  4. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tis Sat 7th & Sun 8th.
  5. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    more than likely 3po will be there i need to re work my sith costume =(
  6. Robeewankenobe Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_praying] Oh count me in for both. Are we doing choreo?!
  7. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, the 7th and 8th, sorry...... At this point I am figuring on a semi choreographed line battle like we did for Relay in '04

Come one, come all! If for no other reason than to see me get my butt kicked on my birthday (the 8th)!
  8. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm in!

Side = Jedi [this gives me a little time to make a new green practice blade] I am assuming that we will not be fighting at night, but during the day?
  9. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would like to be part of the saber fighters too.
  10. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    We will try for a fight at dusk so that we may use the lit blades. However that may not be possible and we might try and get in a daylight battle as well
  11. tiepilottillard1701 Force Ghost

star 1
  12. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    I am sitting on the fence. Like the shadow side.
  13. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the same weekend as the CHOC Walk that I thought Rob was organizing, but nobody seems to be able to find the team he is supposedly setting up for this.:confused:
  14. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    As far as I know the CHOC walk is still on and I think the team will be set up later, I guess, but the info for the walk was
    put out early. I am going to be part of the CHOC walk and I hope to help with the saber demo for Galactic Playground too, if
    I can get to the place.
  15. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, since Jos and I already booked rooms for the CHOC Walk (and still waiting for Rob to post the rest of the info too. LOL) Maybe we can sneak in on this as well...huh huh huh hint hint hint LOL

16. S_C_A-lexander Jedi Knight

star 1
    Does any 1 have a silver white saber? It'd be cool to be the mad, shadow, rogue that slays both sides indifferently!
  17. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a white LED for my saber, but I haven't wired it up yet.
  18. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    i also have 2 white blades and just so you know white was the original color of the first sabers crafted by the sith they are not shadow side in anyway the new imperial knights sided with the sith order in legacy also use white blades as well as corran horn who also uses one and is a Jedi and not shadow in anyway
  19. S_C_A-lexander Jedi Knight

star 1
    Crap, what the h--- is the color for shadow then anyways?

(Silvers ones are still pretty cool)

Would it be wrong to come in a big cute teddy bear costume and slay every one?
    Snuggles in soft fresh robes, smells fresh, but deadly.
  20. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Unfortunately, since the PT, colors have become meaningless. With Jedi having every color (except maybe red, I haven't analyzed the movies or books that closely), I don't think there's a specific color to delineate Jedi from Sith or Shadowside anymore. I'd say the only practical way of telling them all apart would be through their Force signature.
  21. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is my take on this:

Jedi [LIGHTSIDE/GOOD] use any color except RED.

Shadow Jedi [GREY/NEUTRAL] use any color they like, but don't usually use RED.

Sith [DARKSIDE/EVIL] prefer to use RED, but can and will use any sabers that they retreive from dead or defeated Jedi.

What are your thoughts?

Pax Vobiscum
  22. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I ignore all EU (that includes the PT in my mind). So Jedi all use either Blue or Green and Sith use Red. There is no Shadowside in my mind.
  23. Zhi-don Jedi Knight

star 2
    That simplifies things doesn't it.
  24. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    There is no Shadowside in my mind.[/quote]

Some things exist whither you believe in them or not
  25. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    There is no Shadowside in my mind.[/quote]

Some things exist whither you believe in them or not[/quote]

There is no Star Wars saga. There is only the Star Wars Trilogy. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.