main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Galactic Playground Lightsaber battle

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Yeah, but you see the response I got when I tried to be objective.

I give up![face_frustrated]

2. S_C_A-lexander

S_C_A-lexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2005
  3. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    I like to see if anyone is interested in doing a new choreo since Billy is MIA and Phil may not make it.

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I dont have a Phil or a Billy down as a fighter for this. Do they need to be added?

5. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Rob:

We will be using 'Relay for life' rules as stated earlier in this thread. Other arrangements need to be made with Erik's approval.

Pax Vobiscum

6. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Don:
    I think Smudge said last night that if we wanted to we could do a choreo thing if we wanted.

I'd be up for it, but we only have one confirmed bad guy...

7. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    make that TWO! i found my costume!

hmm i think both my blades need a bit of work ill bring em sunday cuz i forgot what smudge and i talked about lol if it was a short or what

8. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Sorry Liz....I had not spoken to Erik since before class. Coreography is hard work and IMHO best kept for those doing just that. If you practice it long enough, you will do it automatically and then don't be surprised if someone kills you when they don't follow the pattern your body expects during regular class. Of course, a lot of you are better than I am, so maybe it shouldn't be a problem.

Pax Vobiscum

9. falcon_prime

falcon_prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    I am currently saying yes to joining in as a sith. I will be happy to work with corio for others too.

Just so that every one is aware... thing in my life can turn very bad very fast. So there is a chance that I will have to drop out at the last second. But for now... count me in!

10. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Um, if you're having problems with your EL blades Rion, then shouldn't I be the one to look at them? [face_thinking] Since I'm the one who made them? :-B If they are your whites ones.

I'm also the professional solderer in the group.
    ;)

11. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I think that's what he meant, I took a look at his sabers and advised that he take them to you. the problem might be in the hilt though, I'm not sure. *bows* We all defer to the expert

12. S_C_A-lexander

Oct 3, 2005
    Any 1 have a spare red one? (Loreen, anybody...)

Hell I'll light red, or hot pink, in anyone has one to spare.

13. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    yea thats what smudge said!!! ok bringing em to ya at the meeting

14. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Do you mean just a blade? Or a saber and blade? LED or EL?

I'm not comfortable loaning out my personal stuff when I'm not there to supervise it's usage and make sure people aren't abusing my stuff. Sorry.

15. S_C_A-lexander

Oct 3, 2005
    Its cools (Loreen), anybody else?

16. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Dude, Boards, Darth Maul saber my MR. Just be careful with those head shots.;)

Is anyone up for Choreo on Tuesday night? Liz we could meet at a location closer to you.

17. S_C_A-lexander

Oct 3, 2005
  18. Jedi-Loreen

Dec 2, 2002
    Yeah, I agree. What the heck was that first sentence supposed to mean? [face_hypnotized]

19. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    My dad is back in school, but I have no problem with choreography on a Tuesday night. May I get a ride with you Rob? Or if you
    have a location maybe my dad can drop me off, but he is really busy lately. Also I plan to be there Wednesday, if I have a ride
    home, to practice, but had to miss last Wednesday, because my mom asked me to stay with her and I did.

20. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Sorry, "BORDERS BOOKS". I keep forgetting that people can't read my mind and I have to spell everything out.:p

21. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    For those who are going to fight: Please make an effort to make the Wednesday classes as we will be discussing and working on routines for the battle. There MIGHT be one or two spare sabers available but in all seriousness, if you have the means, please try and get your own. Go to www.ultrasabers.com/index.htm or www.thecustomsabershop.com for the best (and cheapest) sabers we have found. Ultra uses the Custom Saber Shop parts and sends them out ready made or you can build your own straight from the custom saber shop. all parts are interchangeable except in the apprentice/initiate sabers on Ultra's site. We will discuss this further on Wednesdays.

22. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    And if you plan to fight and I dont have your name yet make sure you send it to me ASAP so I can get you registered for the event.

23. S_C_A-lexander

Oct 3, 2005
    Ultra Sabers

Hey Smudge, this is pretty dam good link. They may be kid sabers, but shoot thats a good price for some1 starting out. Now I'm definitely going to be down for a sith lord. I'm going to get the curved one for a test run, and if its good I'll get a 2nd and be Asajj Ventress distant surving cousin come to avenge in her pathetic death over a cliff side (clone wars).

Put me DOWN for definite sith lord!
    (still need to get khaki's and some kinky boots,)

PS still designing my personal one, but that link is really good starting point!

24. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Wow, They posted that one like this morning! I was on the site last night and they didn't have it!
    Bear in mind that it comes standard with a 24" blade but if you email him he can get a longer one. Also, for the battle, feel free to go doubles if you wish, we already have one Jedi doing that.

25. S_C_A-lexander

Oct 3, 2005
    Sith Lord or one of those gay coruscant knights?

Yeah its dirt cheap for what seems to be a full contact use lightsaber that actually glows. And its just $40 with shipping to our state. The design is extremely basic and unique, but its still pretty cheap, plus it uses the luxeon LED's that smudge has been showing every1 (the brightest for the market), my only complaint is that it uses AAA batteries instead of the more common place AA batteries. Almost every lightsaber option I've seen costed over $100, plus I didn't like the design and was going to opt for my own custom designed one. With this bargain, how can any1 not start OCSA with one of these?

I think they made some sort of deal with a china molding factory or something to bring down the cost, dramatically.

If this bodes well, I may donate some as spare to the full knights for OCSA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.