main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Galactic Senate Christmas Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Sep 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I know it's only September, but if we start planing it now it will be much better and more people can keep thier calendar open, arrange for the day off.

First thing we need to do is decide a date. I would like every one to list their free saturdays in december. I will compial a list and the most free day will be the day of the party.

Second what do you all think about doing a Secret Santa for the party. athe the DVD screening party we would put everyone's name (that wants to do it) in a hat. at the party you put the gift on the gift table with the persons name on it, but NOT your. no spending over 20 dollars. that dsoesn't mean you have to spend 20. you can spend 50 cents if you want to. just don't go over 20.

So what do you think???

2. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Oooh I like your idea!!! This could be really fun! A Star Wars Christmas Party! :)

3. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I'm thinking the 14th might be good. The 21st is too close to Christmas so people might be out of town or with family.

4. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Based on my currents plans the following Sat/Sun are open for me: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 (you get the ideal) Of course all is subject to change but if I get a definate date here first I'll stick with it.

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    The 14th is out for me, thats my baby's birthday party, but anything else is fine. but its up to you all. i can understand what ever is more convient.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm leaning towards the 7th

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    The 7th would also be good... As long as we avoid the 21st I think we'll have a decent turnout. Plus having it earlier won't cause problems for those of us that wait until the last minute to go shopping.

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    On the Secret Snata side. We know what to the the members of the Crazy Old Wizards.

ANH expansion comes out Nov 4

9. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Some of us might have all/most of them by the party since we'll have a month to collect them. ;) The Secret Santa is a good idea; we can have lots of fun with that.

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I'm going home on the 20th of December. Any dates before that works for me.
    (ok, I'm not actually going home-home until the 27th of December, but I return to the UK on the 20th)

malkie-the-confused-droid

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Who ever gets Dark Jedi Tionne must remeber she doesn't do Star Wars,so get her something non-star wars

12. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Right now, the whole of December is open for me and Ken.

But really, shouldn't it be Life Day Party? Or whatever it was in that SW TV special? Which, of course, must be viewed at the party.

13. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    we also need suggestions on where to have it

NO HOLIDAY SPECIAL :mad:

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well I, for one, have never seen the Holiday Special so I think we need to have a viewing. Kam can just sit in a different room while we do it. ;)

15. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I've seen pieces of the special and lets not watch it and say we did alright.

The 7th would be great.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Alright alright, we don't have to watch it at the party. But someone better make me a copy so I can see how bad it is!

17. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Either Ric or Ken said that he had it. Ask one of them.

18. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I'd like to make it but I do work in retail and last season I worked all weekend(Saturdays and Sundays) plus during the week. But now I have a cooler boss so I may not have too. The 7th does sound good to me too.

19. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Wasn't me! Although E might have some copy of the Christmas special on an old VHS, moldering like the Necronomicon in our front closet.

To clarify, we don't actually have a Necronomicon in our closet. That we can admit to having. Until the Stars Change.

Blast. I've said too mu-

20. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
  21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Sadly, I have no copy of the Christmas special. Somewhere on tape (mouldering in that same closet unless it got lost in one of my many moves) I do have the Muppet Show with Mark Hamill. It has nothing to do with holidays at all, but the gargling is superb!

22. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I love that one. will you make me a copy???

23. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    ooer - are you promoting bootlegs on the Galactic Senate ?

tut tut tut

;)

M

24. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Of the Necronomicon? Damn! Again, I've-

25. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Bootlegs? Me? Nooo. I'd never do that! I'm an intellectual property lawyer! (for the next 13 days...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.