Galactic Senate's Imperial Cafe

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by malkieD2, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I've seen this sort of thread in various other FanForce forums. This is a purely social thread where anyone who is online can chat. The hope is we can all get to know each other abit better and have fun. Perhaps come up with some new FanForce ideas.

Post whats been happening in your life today, and we can see this thread develop.

I really enjoyed the meeting today, and finally getting to meet people that I've been chatting with. Its good to see we've got a FanForce going as a result of a few posts, and getting other DC StarWars fans out in the open. I can only see us growing bigger and better.

I'm really looking forward to the DVD party if we can use the facilities we talked about at the meeting !

Now I'm off to cook dinner and watch some sports on TV. Hope you all are having a nice evening - I'll be back online tomorrow to see if anyone has been on the boards.

malkie

p.s. I forgot I had a name badge on, and continued about my day for several hours with "Hi my name is malkie" on my shirt :D
  2. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was glad to be able to get out to the meeting today. Sorry I missed the movie, but I really needed to the rest. I ended-up picking up my Halloween DVDs that I ordered online from Best Buy. (Two movies for $23.00!) Then I went home and crashed. The sale is on Bestbuy.com if anyone is interested.

On another note, I read that Farscape is being cancelled!! I love this show. Of course a campaign is being started to save the show. If anyone is interested, please let me know and I will post more information about how to help save Farscape.

As soon as I know if we can use the room for the viewing party, I will post something.
  3. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm glad you where able to come today. I hope you feel better soon. I'm not going to work the next two days so you'll won't see me as much as usual. Talk to you all later.

P.S. Malkie, I'm buying you a watch for Xmas ha ha, just kidding
  4. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I was almost there on time - the metro was running slow :p

I was up at the WotC for about 10 mins before I decided to check the food court. I spotted your table from the top floor - I was looking for a large group of people. When I got downstairs I noticed you were all wearing StarWars Tshirts or hats, so I knew it was the meeting :)

I'm home now - been shopping and cooked dinner. I'm off to watch a DVD or something and try and get motivated to go to work tomorrow [face_plain]

malkie
  5. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, it was great to meet you today.
  6. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    great to meet you too - at some point we'll get a chance to debate SW properly, from the short conversation we had today, I think we have some different points of view.

Stormtroopers are clonetroopers :p

malkie
  7. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are you a Cannonist Malkie?

We'll defantly have some fun
  8. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    Although I've read some EU, and most of it is brilliant, it is an expansion of Lucas's vision of the SW Galaxy. I realise that Lucas does acknowledge the EU, and is sometimes inspired by it, but what I believe is true cannon is what is seen in the movies.

I can accept parts of the stories to explain the things we don't see in the movies (for example the books on BobaFett), but I only take the 5 movies so far as being true.

I'm not a purist, and I'm certainly not a EU-basher.

ok, here is one for you - are Sidious and Palpatine the same person in your opinion. To me they are, and its obvious, however to an EU follower, its not so simple as he was cloned many times in the EU.

malkie
  9. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes they are the same person. I hate people to don't beleive that. We will have lots to debate about.
  10. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It was great to meet everyone today - nice to know some others with my particular... hobby. It sounds like we've got some great plans coming up. (Ken feels the same way, but he's watching his beloved Cowboys lose so he can't tell you himself)

And I suppose I'll give the expanded universe another try after the ringing endorsements of the New Jedi Order books...

I haven't forgotten about the pattern number, but as I suspected, the pattern's at my folks house (where the sewing machine is) so I'll post it when I get it back this week sometime. Meanwhile, if people are thinking about making some Jedi outfits (the only thing I've figured out) in time for the Halloween party, I'd recommend going to fabric stores or WalMart soon - the fall fabrics are great colors for a Jedi, and the WalMart at Kingstowne had several shades of brown flannel. A Jedi robe takes 8 yards of fabric.

I hope everyone has a great week! May the Force... Well, you know....
  11. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Tell Ken I love the "Boys" too. I'm not watching them though.
  12. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    indeed, although I do respect other people's opinions :)

I often read and post in the Episode 3 spoilers allowed forum. Some of the theories in there are just pure madness. Its often suggested that Sidious/Palpatine is anakin's father...........that Obi Wan is actually the father of Luke and Leia............that Dorme is the mother of Luke and Leia.........that Darth Maul is still alive............that Mace Windu is a traiter...........and that all of the main characters are clones.

I don't see us getting any surprises in EP3. We'll get all of the events we need and that'll be it (jedi purge, end of Republic-start of Empire, birth of the twins, turn of Anakin). What we don't know is when, or exactly why Anakin turns, and whether or not Padme is going to die during the film. (cause she's going to appear in ROTJ ;) joke)

I really can't wait to see Darth Vader on the screen again - only we'll see him in an entirely different light.

oh, I also read on the boards once that Vader is looking at a picture of padme during the scene in ESB when he is sitting in his chamber with his helmet off. (but it did make me go and watch that scene again to make sure).

malkie
  13. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Vader thing was that they were going to put a pic of padme in ESB on the DVD. It's not true.

Padme can't die in Episode 3. Leia says in ROTJ that she remembers her mother.
  14. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    yeh - thats what most people say, and its a good arguement ! However, it might be someone else (a handmaiden?) that Leia remembers as her "mother". I find it hard to believe that a mother would leave her children with people she hardly knows (ie leaving Luke with the Lars family), which leads me to believe that she will die.

Furthermore, the only thing I can think of that would turn Anakin to the darkside would be if something nasty happened to her.

The whole will she die, won't she die is a major debate in the EP3 forum. At some point I'll have to avoid that forum as I don't want to be spoiled, and know everything about the movie before I go to see it.

In 2005 one of us will be able to say "I told you so" to the other :D

malkie
  15. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    Higuys, i had a great time today. I haven't smiled that much at one time in a long time!
    I felt like I had been somelone Jedi who just got to the Temple for the very first time! Malkie, I enjoyed meeting you thanks for showing us the blue prints. I loved meeting everybody and can't wait to till next adventure of the Galactic senate!
    I'm am definitly going to get a costume now.
    :D
  16. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah, but how old will leia be by the end of episode 3? :\
  17. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    They should be born in Episode 3 near the end of the film
  18. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Malkie, I just talk to Strawbary. She says to PM her the banner and she's post it for us
  19. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey I am glad this group is getting along so well!
    I hope I can make it to some future meetings, but I did enjoy watching the Redskins win. Did you all say the Cowboys lost? Awwww....*Snicker*

BTW, in the EU Palpatine was only cloned after he died/near death as I remember.
    I was here at JC when Episode I came out and there were so many threads, "Palpatine=Sidious??!??!?" that is now considered a joke.
    A ship from the EU was in the special edition of ANH. And Coruscant wasn't mentioned in the original trilogy but it was in the EU before TPM came out.

So I am curious, who here lives in D.C. proper? I live about 10 miles from D.C. in Rockville.(Maryland)
  20. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    ooer - someone has colours in their nick now :p congrats Tim on getting your VIP status for representing all of us in the JC. I know you'll do a fantastic job !!!

(I don't think he's online for the next two days, so he maybe doesn't even know yet)

Mitt I live in Bethesda, but I work in Rockville (Twinbrook to be exact). I'm not proper DC either (although I'm on the border line).

I'll get the banner touched up, then I'll PM our rep about getting it uploaded - watch this space.

malkie

edit: And Coruscant wasn't mentioned in the original trilogy but it was in the EU before TPM came out. thats funny, cause we talked about that exact point at the meeting. Coruscant is featured in the Special Edition (crowd surfing stormy), however it is not mentioned by name. As I mentioned above, Lucas is often inspired by the EU.
  21. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone! It was so nice to come to the board today and see lots of new posts!!!

Sorry you couldn't make the meeting Mitt, hopefully next time. (Of course it's unlikely that I'll be at the next meeting, but I'm sure you all will survive. :))

22. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey wow I live in Twinbrook! I work on Rockville Pike.
    You ever see a girl walking around with a wooden Imperial pendant hanging around her neck thats me! :D
  23. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    aha :) Do you know where the FDA building is on Twinbrook parkway? I work directly opposite that at the NIH/NIAAA building. We should meet for lunch one day.

malkie
  24. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    oops - its become apparent that I can't spell - I need to add an extra C into my spelling of Galactic.

lol - need to adjust the banner :)

malkie
  25. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Of course I know it. I go right pass it on my way to work. I bus it to the Twinbrook Metro and then walk from work from there. I work at the "new" CVS there on the Pike. Its not a bad job actually, but I am a full timer so I can maybe only squeeze a 45 minute lunch on days when I am not insanely busy. Which is never. :p But I shall try. Everyone there knows I am crazy about Star Wars, it wouldn't surprise them at all if I say I have to take a long lunch because of Star Wars buisness. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.