main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Galactic Senate's Imperial Cafe

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by malkieD2, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    why don't we wait to see how it looks before changing the colors. MNaryland has everyone's name in red

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I just previewed the banner with our current colour scheme. The banner is very multicoloured, so I don't think any particular colours would make any difference. I suppose it would be useful for standing out from the other forums.

I'm not really that bother about the colours to be honest. I felt the banner was more important.

malkie

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Hay, there's a funny thread in the Classic forum.

Check it out:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8744309&replies=6

4. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    ooer - you are spamming :p I'm reporting you to our regional rep :p

Thats funny, and I've seen ROFJ so many times, but never noticed that. The gif file on the link really does look extremely dodgy :D

Kam do you have an obsession with Leia ? Its starting to look that way :) I prefer her mother to me honest !

M

5. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    That's not considered spamming in the Galactic Senate, just for further reference.

Very much obsessed. Her mother is nice, but can never compare to the Princess, IMHO

6. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    hmm, I'm putting money on Jennifer having a slave girl outfit :p

malkie

7. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    lol, you don't know her very well, do you?

No I have not been able to get her into one in the last 7 years of marrage. I've pretty much given up on it.

8. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    LOL - so you've tried then :)
    I'm sure the thought has entered your mind, and I'm sure she's not going to let your imagination get the better of her :)

malkie

9. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    It all started when Rachel on "Friends" wore one, I tired soooo hard after that.

10. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    :D I was thinking about that when I was posting. My gf would freak if I ever suggested it. She thinks I have a thing for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I don't.

But then its ok for her to have a thing for Ben Afleck. Sheesh, women and double standards ;)

(I feel I'm about to get flammed!)

:)

malkie

11. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    You know Jen is in love with Ewan. I'm in love with Buffy too. 6 years never missed an episode. I like Faith better than Buffy though.

12. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    heehee, you two kill me. I prefer Leia's daddy myself. ;)

13. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Oh she hates him

14. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Hayden or that guy that played him in ROTJ ?

;)

malkie

15. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Hayden, baby!!

talk to you all later, work beckons!! :)

16. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Hayden and Anakin.

You know Malkie, I have 2 different Leias in Slave girl action figures, ther autographed pic and a lifesize stand (on order).

Got to love that slave girl outfit. best thing Jabba ever did in his miserable life

17. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    phone calls to make - bbiab :)

malkie

18. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm about to leave work. Love to you all. talk to you when I get home

19. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I can't argue with the double standard thing. Everyone knows my obession with Thrawn but I'd be mad if my boyfriend had an obession besides me. ;)

My brother's future wife is having a Leia slave costume made as a surprise for their honeymoon. :D

20. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    good - at least you can see you have a double standard !

malkie

21. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    LOL! Look at the conversations I miss out on because I have to work! Just to catch up:

1) I prefer Obi-Wan myself.

2) I think the colors are fine as is. Maybe once the banner is up I'll change my mind, but I don't see any reason to change them. Some of the other forums that have changed them make it harder to read, etc.

22. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    How did you get to be so lucky! I am drooling with envy! I have been going just a little crazy lately i bought some action figures today Including a couple of new light sabers!
    New back pack too!all because i went looking for those game cards so its your fault.LOL :D
    I don't know if i got the right ones or not. We will see.

23. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Blue is my color so i like blue.

24. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Yikes. A person goes to work all day and misses out. Ok, here goes...

I'm an Obi-Wan fan. My husband even refers to Obi-Wan (young, not old, I'm not nuts) as my boyfriend. Han is my first boyfriend. And Ken's well aware that those two top my "list." He refuses to come clean with his dream girls, but there must be a few! In fact, if he'd run off with Leia, that'd leave Han for me!

I'm also a Buffy junkie - and Faith rules! I heard she's supposedly coming back next season. Maybe she and Darth Willow can team up.

No famous people came to my office today. (Very few employees either) And I didn't see a single missle, even though I live and work in Crystal City and stare at National Airport all day long. I feel cheated. But a better day than last year. Now I'm just avoiding tv because the little bits of Frontline that I saw earlier were just too heartwrenching.

Whew - did that cover everything?

25. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    My boyfriend did for awhile have an obession with an anime character named Shampoo but he mostly gave her up when he met me, and he has posted online as Thrawn before(First because he thought Thrawn was so cool and then to get me to like him) and has used photo shop to make himself look like a Chiss. Thats love there. :D
    So maybe if you guys liked, I dunno, wore a Han Solo outfit or mask your girls would wear the Leia slave outfit. ;) I think my future sister in law is doing it because she is a SW freak too.

Oh yeah I forgot to weight in what character I like. I kinda prefer Hayden myself, although in TPM I liked Obi-Wan.

You forgot to mention that Sean Austin(Gosh did I have a little crush on him when I was like 10 but I think he was pretty cute as Samwise too...) was also in the great Goonies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.