main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Galactic Senate's Imperial Cafe

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by malkieD2, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    I just want the next two that have the Greg keyes story in them. #62 and 63 I think

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh are they reprinting that story in the Insider? I know it was in Gamer first but then Gamer went bye-bye. Isn't that story online somewhere?

3. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I can't wait to see the deleted scences, the extented duel scene will be awsome, and i would love to hear about the Lost Twenty. anyway, ive been finding star wars insider in 7-11 even. its every where right now. buti think i am going to get a subscri[ption soon, just for the future.

4. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Part 1, 2 and 3 are available on the OS right now. Part 4 and 5 will be in Insider, I know part 4 is in # 62 I think part 5 will be in number 63.

5. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    What the heck is OS? This is the first posting board that I have really posted to and I am lost without complete words. So can someone tell me what all these little aberrations mean? I am lost on some what is said here. I am not trying to be mean, but I love complete words. Thank you.

Ric

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    Sorry Ric, OS is the Official Site.

7. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Ah, I get it. I didn't realize it was going to be 5 parts long. You should be able to find the Insider very easily.

8. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    ATOC in the IMAX, space and air museum.

There was some posts the other day about if they would show ATOC in the IMAX here. I think someone mentioned that they didn't show commercial movies there. Well, I was looking at their site today, and they are showing Apollo 13 in October, so they might want to show ATOC too (especially if we approcahed them and said we were interested).

I think our city rep should approach them ;)

Apollo 13 has been digitally done-over with their NDR technology (or whatever its called) the same as is being done to ATOC. I'd love to see it 10 stories high.

malkie

p.s. this is the Galactic Senates 1st 100+ thread - congrats guys !

9. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Thanks. I figured that was what it meant, but wanted to be sure.

10. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Jul 12, 2002
    ok, so I went to that site and I call the Smithsonian. They transfered me to the Archives. They transfered me to public affairs. They transfered me to the Theater. they gave me a number to Mr lewis.

They are running Apollo 13 oct thru Feb. they are not planning to run SW. Mr Lewis is who I need to talk to about getting SW there, but he's not answering his phone right now.

I will keep you posted.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah, I think they made an exception for Apollo 13 because of the historical/space aspect. I really doubt they'll show AOTC, but it's certainly worth a try! If not, field trip to B'more! :)

12. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Oy, my day off and I have done nothing but clean!

Thanks for the info on the deleted scenes, they all sound really cool!

Well, break time over I must go back to picking up legos!

13. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    be really cool if they did though. it would just be wonderful!

14. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wizards usually has SW Insider, and so does Borders.

15. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    Thanks for contacting the Smithonian on our behalf Kam. bah - looks like we're all going to Baltimore at some point then.

ROAD TRIP !

Sorry to hear you are stuck cleaning Mitt sounds like Saturday morning to me, cause thats when I get my feather duster out.

malkie

16. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Saturdays I have to work so I don't feel like cleaning before or after work. Too lazy. :p
    My boss isn't going to like that I need the first three Saturdays in October off.
    Oct 6th: Wedding shower
    Oct 12th: Renn Faire
    Oct 19th: Mesa birthday!

Speaking of which anyone going/gone to Renn Faire in Maryland this year?

17. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I try to hit the Renn Fest every year, but it doesn't look too promising this year. I'm running out of weekends! Do you know how long it runs?

18. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Oct 19th and 20th are the last days.

19. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm going to the Renn Faire on the 21st - next Sunday - so if anyone else is there, let's meet up! I try to go at least once every year. This year my mission is a black belt pouch for my dark Jedi outfit.

20. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    anyone online ?

I'm hanging our in our cafe until I head out into town later on. (providing the rain stops)

how is everyone's weekend ?

malkie

21. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    I'm here, I saw you around the JCC and I finally thought, hey I should check here.

My weekend is good so far. I had a blast at work decorating for Halloween. Now I am just waiting to see if my boyfriend comes online and I'm watching Star Trek: Next Generation. All in all, a typical geeky Saturday night. :p

22. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    just waiting for a call from my housemate to say he's on his way home, then I'll get ready to go out.

You watching ST:TNG on TNN ? They usually have a few episodes on at this time.
    Yeh, I saw you on that daft thread about a guy losing his Leathermans on the way into 6Flags. What was he expecting ?

Got to work tomorrow :( boss left me a journal article on my desk with a note saying "lets discuss this monday morning", so I'll have to go into work to get through it.

You got work tomorrow ?

malkie

23. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    No I'm watching my copy of the fourth season DVDs.

That sucks that you have to go in to work, did you forget it on Friday? And no I don't work tomorrow, my other day off. :)

I don't know what that guy was thinking, he said he was able to bring the knife in before, either he had it in a bag they didn't check or hadn't been to Six Flags since 9/11. Anyway, I still don't understand what he was ranting about, notice he hasn't posted again. ;)

24. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    na, I have it here with me, I might need resources accessible only from a work terminal if I need to read further into it.

I often work weekends. Life of a scientist frequently sucks.

malkie

p.s. are you on msn or irc or anything ?

25. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    But isn't working as a scientist have its cool points?

I am on MSN but not now. I use the email login thats in my profile here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.