1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Galactic Survivor -- Yavin IV

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO READ THE ENTIRE POST. I RECOMMEND YOU READ THE TEAMS, THE RULES AND THE CONTESTANTS FOR AN IDEA OF A CHARACTERS PERSONALITY.

GALACTIC SURVIVOR
    YAVIN IV/>

Welcome to Galactic Survivor, I am your host--Professor Hoole of Xenobiology and History--and I will be taking you through the days of each of the Contestants as they scheme, ally, deceive, betray, and maim each other in hopes to be the sole Survivor and winner of 1,000,000 galactic credits!

In this edition of Galactic Survivor the Contestants are stranded on the jungle forest moon of Yavin known as Yavin Four! With its indigenous plant and animal life it will be a wonder if there shall be a survivor in the end. For the piranha beetles or aquatic gundark are formidable creatures a person does not want to contend with. Touch-not or man eating plants should be avoided and given the utmost respect, unless a Contestant wants to leave Yavin early for a hospital.

There are two teams in this edition of Galactic Survivor, the Darksiders and the Lightsiders! The Darksiders consist of the Galaxy's vilest villains and their henchmen. The Lightsiders consist of the Galaxy's heroic and honorable heroes and heroines. These two teams will compete against each other in contests to obtain the Immunity Massassi Necklace, giving that team the avoidance of voting one of their members to death. Once there are only four Contestants left on each team, the teams will be merged and each Contestant will now be competing each other for the Immunity Massassi Necklace and the 1,000,000 galactic credits!

Watch as the Contestants survive and take part in adventures on Yavin IV for the next four months in GALACTIC SURVIVOR: YAVIN IV!

THE TEAMS

Darksiders

Darth Vader
    Admiral Motti
    Ysanne Isard
    Moff Jerjerrod
    Darth Maul
    Admiral Daala
    Nom Anor
    Nen Yim

Lightsiders

Jaina Solo
    Mon Mothma
    Master Yoda
    Obi-wan-Kenobi (Young)
    Mirax Horn
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Booster Terrik

THE RULES

1. No God Moding
    2. Try to keep your posts at least a paragraph long (5 sentences minimum).
    3. The Force can not be used in the Contests for the Immunity Massassi Necklace. It's cheating and not fair to the non-force users.
    4. Each team will consist of 8 players. Once each team is down to 4 players, they will merge into one and begin competing against each other.
    5. Each player will choose one of the provided characters. If we can only get 8 players to play, they may choose an additional character.
    6. There will be one Immunity Contest per Real Life Week.
    7. One Contestant will be voted to their death each Real Life Week immediately after the Immunity Contest.
    8. The Game Master(s) will decide on the horrible fate which the player's character has met when voted to death.
    9. There will be regular contests to keep the characters busy and players entertained. Each contest will have a time limit for the players to complete. If that player or team fails to complete the contest within the time limit, they lose.
    10. Besides the Immunity Massassi Necklace, there will be other prizes to win in the contests such as useful tools or weapons.
    11. Each character will start out with no possessions. To obtain objects you must try to win the contests or scavenge the planet. Objects can be randomly found in the playing area, but the Game Master(s) get to choose when, where, and what is found. This is to prevent someone from claiming they found, for example; a Dark Trooper's Plasma Cannon Rifle.

THE AREA

The location of the game consists the pocket of Massassi Temples. From the Great Temple all the way to Exar Kun's Obsidian Temple, the Temple of the Blueleaf Cluster, Temple of Fire, and the Temple Atun.

The Great Temple's Grand Audience />/>
  2. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
  3. Space_Cowboy Jedi Knight

star 2
  4. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    *dons masquer* I'm Nom Anor... really!
  5. Thok Force Ghost

star 6
    Send booster Terrik my way...
  6. Miccu_Resea Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be...: Moff Jerjerrod
  7. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    Han Solo

Chicks dig me
  8. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ooohh, can I be Mirax Horn? This sounds like it will be a lot of fun...
  9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Well I hope it'll be a lot of fun too
  10. Thok Force Ghost

star 6
    So mitthy, when shall we start this???
    woah, i have a rp daughter
  11. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have a RP father! :)

Yes, when do we start? I can't wait...
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    As soon as we get more than half of the players. If we can't get all I'll assign the remaining characters to others.
  13. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Master

star 4
    Me= Darth Maul .

Oh .. I have.. like.. rp tatoo . =P
  14. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellenté! I shall be Obi Wan :D
  15. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Sounds like a great idea. I'll be Mon Mothma :p

Should be quiiiite interesting!

16. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    Anybody seen my wife? she's about 5'6...sticky buns on her head...goes by the name princess? Anyone?

Jaina...haven't I told you a thousand times, not to fratrinze with the loosing side...no I don't care if he's your Grandfather...he's still evil incarnante.
  17. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would like to be:

Ysanne Isard - This multi-color eyed woman is intelligent and deceptive. Beware of Iceheart baring gifts.

Let's get this party started RIGHT :D
  18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    Darksiders

Darth Vader - GrandAdmiralJello
    Admiral Motti
    Ysanne Isard - MikeyKnew
    Moff Jerjerrod - Miccu_Resea
    Darth Maul - The_Dark_Overlord
    Admiral Daala
    Nom Anor - Yomin_Carr
    Nen Yim

Lightsiders

Jaina Solo
    Mon Mothma - droideka27
    Master Yoda - Space_Cowboy
    Obi-wan-Kenobi - Jedi_Master_Damir
    Mirax Horn - NaboosPrincess
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Han Solo - Han Solo
    Booster Terrik - Thok

Well we need three more Darksiders and two more Lightsiders. In the meantime the rest of you can start role playing out the game. If we don't get the remaining players, I'll assign the leftover characters to current players.

Formatting Posts

There is a specific way I would like your posts set up. This will help me and other players identify you much easier.

Please do the following:

Team Name
    Character's Name or
    IC as "Character's Name" (The Second one will be if you have more than one character to play as)

TEXT HERE

TAG: Whoever you want to respond to your post

If you do not know how to do markups. Go here to learn.

Your Side's Camp

The Darksiders camp is Exar Kun's Obsidian Temple.

The Lightsiders camp is The Great Temple.

Shuttles drop off all of the contestants at their respective camp sites. They lift off again and men push crates and wrapped items over board, dangling from ropes a couple meters above ground.

Hoole's voice is heard over the speakers. "Since we don't have any water for you all to swim in and grab what you can, we'll hang them above your heads for right now. Untie whatever crates and bags you can in one minute."

Some of the contestants will soon discover that some of the items are hard to untie and some are relatively easy.

TAG: ALL CONCERNED

I'll describe what items you find in the crates and bags as soon as you get them. You have until Checks time Midnight board time to post.

One more thing. Please discribe if you have grabbed a bag or crate and how difficult it was for you to untie the items. Easy, Medium or Hard. Keep in mind that Hard will most likely take the entire minute so you wont be able to grab more than one or two items if you try to grab a Hard./>/>/>
  19. MikeyKnew Jedi Knight

star 1
    Dark Side
    Ysanne Isard:

Looks around at the other contestants, quickly observes her surroundings: the Obsidian Temple is beautiful. It is a clear day, which is rare on this planet. She tries to figure out why these crates are perplexing her teammates. Some are hanging too high, others are tied in a strange manner, possibly using the force to make the knots difficult to untie.

Isard walks to Nen Yim and whispers in her ear: "Ropes and knots are made tighter when they are wet, and there is a decent amount of moisture in the air here today. If you could dry out the air around us, or at least around the knots themselves, they may become loose or brittle, making it easier for us to free the packages."

Yim nods and shapes the air, extracting moisture from the ropes and the atmosphere around them. Two of the EASY crates immediatly fall, as the ropes holding them actually split from dryness.

Isard picks the packages up, hands one to Yim and stows the other for herself.

Now to try for one of these bags. . . .

Isard works the knot vigorously, this one is HARD, it may take a while.

TAG: Any other Darksiders

OOC: This seems like a good time!!! :D
  20. Yomin_Carr Force Ghost

star 4
    Dark Siders
    IC as Nom Anor

Nom ran over to one of his fellow teammates ((whoever isn't taken)), and without thinking, jumped on his/her back, using it as a springboard. He landed, hanging from a crate. Flipping himself onto it, he used his talons to tear at the rope. After ripping the rope apart, it drops the ground. Nom then, holding onto the rope still, jumped over onto the next crate, ripping that one's rope apart as well. Then he repeated the process...

OOC: First crate was Hard, second was Easy, third was Medium, and continuing in that pattern. If ripping them apart isn't allowed, then Nom untied them.

21. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    Lightsiders
    Han Solo
    As Han Solo[/b]

Han Solo ran over the the crates...Having Booster Terrik Boost (lol) him up onto the crates. He clambered over the mess looking for targets. He untied two easy bags really quickly. After that, he snapped a branch off the tree, and used it as a club, bashing the corners of numerous crates, so he could pull the ropes over them, allowing him to pull 4 crates of various size out of the mix.

OOC: Can you tell me what I got?
  22. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Master

star 4
    Dark Side
    Darth Maul

ICC:

Darth opende up the first crate it was hard.
    the seccond, easy, and the third hard.
    To carry more would be waste of energy.

He grabbed a bag to and opened it.

He looked at the others, now he was forced to coapreate with them . well , anything to win the prize. even vader could be..accepted.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Dark Side
    -Lord Vader-

Lord Vader surveyed the area around the Obsidian Temple. Vader glanced at the others in contempt--for they were weaklings. He would have to cope, however. There was no 'I' in 'Team'.

Vader gestured at several of the 'Hard' crates and boxes, and opened them with minimum difficulty.
  24. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Lightsiders
    Mirax Horn

Mirax glanced around at the other contestants hastily trying to untie the various crates and boxes. Her eyes fell on a large stick lying a few meters away, and she picked it up. A few knots were really loose, and the crates and bags attached to them came off in a martter of seconds. Then she noticed a large crate high above her head, and set to work getting it off the rope....

OOC: There were two easy bags, one medium bag, and one easy crate, and the last crate was hard.
  25. Space_Cowboy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Lightside
    Yoda

Yoda picked up a stick and started hobbleing towards a low hanging crate. It was pretty hard to open but his force powers quickly undid the knot. He saw two bags hovering next to each other. Yoda hopped from the top of the crate, grabbed both bags, and landed on the ground. He looked up and saw a crate tied with multiple ropes. He took a step forward, did a double back flip, and landed on top. No one saw how he got up there. He spent the rest of the minute unraveling a hard crate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.