1. RPF Award Voting has Begun!

Click here to view the ballot!

SWRPF Archive Galactic Survivor -- Yavin IV

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Darkside_Prophet Jedi Youngling

Ill go against my name and be Mara Jade Skywalker.

Lightsider

Mara Jade

Mara Jade leaped onto a crate, having seen previous survivors knew that they had a short period of time to get their suplies, Mara ripped the rope off the crate with her bare hands. She saw a second crate and ripped it off too, she spotted a third crate, she leaped to the top of it and ad to work alot harder to break the rope off. While it was falling, she leaped and grabbed a bag, she held on, dangling above the ground. It came loose and she fell hard.

ooc: first two crates were easy, third was hard, bag was hard.
  2. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    OCC: I am going to be Jaina Solo, but unless more people join, then I will play Mon Mothma, too (instructions from CmdrMitthrawnuruodo)
    Lightsiders
    IC as Jaina Solo:

Jaina looked up at the dangling packages. There were some almost touching the ground, others at medium height, and some that looked impossible to reach. She immeadiately jumped up onto a medium sized one, untying it in about 15 seconds. She was able to untie two more medium sized packages before the minute was up. She was satisfied with her catch, and eagerly awaited finding out what was in her packages. She glanced around, looking at the other Lightsiders' boxes, trying to decide how well she did in accordance to everyone else.
    Lightsiders
    IC as Mon Mothma:

Mon Mothma is no longer young and limber. She stared up at the crates, which were dangling as far as 3 meters above, and she immeadiately decided not to even try for the ahrd ones. Her dexterous fingers went to work untying knots expertly. By the end of the minute she had 1 medium sized package and 4 easy to untie packages. She hoped she had chosen wisely. />/>
  3. Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Darksiders
    Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod imediatly started with the nearest crate towards him. It seemed easy, so he moved on to the next crate. Experiencing some difficulty, he still untied the box in a quick amount of time. he moved on to the nearest crate and untied that one with ease, and moved on to a hard one, barely getting it untied when time was up.

OOC: i believe that i 2 easy, 1 medium, and 1 hard.
  4. MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling

star 1
    OOC: I'm not sure I understand what everyone thinks that they are doing. What is the point of saying that we (the characters) can only get one or two HARD packages in the alloted time, if all of you are going to disregard that rule, and take as many packages as you want?! I went for one EASY (with help), and one HARD. I did not assume that I succeeded at opening the HARD package, I will leave that up to the GM, but I think that some of you greedy little guys :p are trying to get away with too much.
  5. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Lightside
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan saw the chance. All around him, others ran in a hurry trying with all their might to get their hands on something. Through the frenzy that behald, he had seen his first target, dangling innocently, waiting to be grabbed.

It was down within half a minute, a medium crate. On the ground again, he looked about himself. He had no time for a hard crate and only saw one other option. Another medium crate.

He ran across the terrain, using the Force to guide him. 20 seconds left. He looked up above him, and jumped - using the force - and landed upon the crate. 15 seconds left. He concentrated, hard, on the large knot infront of him. It was too strong for him to untie it by hand, but with the Froce, it started to loosen, but slowely. 5 seconds left. With one last desperate act, it loosened completely, both of them falling to the ground just as the loud siren signifing the end of the contest go off.

Obi wan had managed to get his hands on two medium crates.

OOC: I wasn't sure if us Jedi were allowed to use our lightsabers here... so I didn't but, are we?
  6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No one has possessions, that means no lightsabers.

And Mikey is right. There was a specific reason I told everyone that if you go for a hard you wont be able to get much else. Hard Knots will have the more important stuff in it.

Some of you might get away with more than one hard because of the ingenuity you showed in getting the items undone. Others may not.

Anyway, I'll inform you later today what you have.
  7. MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling

star 1
  8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Darksiders

Darth Vader - GrandAdmiralJello
    Admiral Motti - Yomin_Carr
    Ysanne Isard - MikeyKnew
    Moff Jerjerrod - Miccu_Resea
    Darth Maul - The_Dark_Overlord
    Admiral Daala - GrandAdmiralJello
    Nom Anor - Yomin_Carr
    Nen Yim - MikeyKnew

Lightsiders

Jaina Solo ? droideka27
    Mon Mothma - droideka27
    Master Yoda - Space_Cowboy
    Obi-wan-Kenobi - Jedi_Master_Damir
    Mirax Horn - NaboosPrincess
    Mara Jade Skywalker ? The_Darkside_Prophet
    Han Solo - WildWookiee
    Booster Terrik - Thok

These are the items that you have successfully retrieved in one minute. Some of you unfortunately won?t be getting all the crates/bags you described in getting because of the difficulty you chose. Those who do get quite a few Hards and Mediums is because of their ingenuity in solving the problem.

Starting with the Darksiders...

GrandAdmiralJello was able to untie 2 Hard Crates with the use of the Force. He discovers in his first crate one set of lightsaber parts and a choice of three gems, aquamarine, corsca, and onyx. In his second crate he discovers a set of strange looking creatures. An amphistaff and a vonduum crab chest plate.

MikeyKnew unfortunately was only able to obtain 1 Hard bag. You can?t shape the air, Mikey. Nen Yim of course doesn?t care for abominations anyway so she won?t be unhappy. Ysanne Isard on the other hand will be happy with her new set of camping cookware and three days worth of meat.

Miccu_Resea shall keep Moff Jerjerrod alive and smelling good for awhile. First Jerjerrod busily cleans away the dust and grim his newly won slug rifle and loads it with the five slug bullets he found inside the Medium crate. In the first of his two easy bags he discovers a bar of soap. In the second bag he smiles at the small tin canteen of Corellian whiskey.

The_Dark_Overlord opens his hard crate and immediately carries it away from the others? sight. Inside he discovers a large slab of gundark leg and a butcher?s knife to cut it with. At first he looked disappointed then realized that he pretty much struck gold. Now if only he could hide it from the others and the local predators.

Yomin_Carr acquired 1 Hard and 1 Medium crates. If only he had worked a little harder at tearing the rope he could have gotten the last two crates. In his Hard crate he discovers a large tent with a portable-rechargeable power light. It can hold four people comfortably at night and all eight if they sit. In the medium crate he pulls out by his talons a wicked looking Sith Sword.

Admiral Daala stares strangely at the crawling beetles inside her Medium bag she acquired. She tosses the bag to the ground and adjusts the holdout blaster at her hip, from a hard bag, before walking off to see what the others have discovered.

Admiral Motti turns all four of his easy bags upside down. A bar of soap, a couple power backs for a blaster he does not have, a hunting knife, and a fire starter drop out.

And now for the Lightsiders...

droideka27?s Jaina Solo smiles at her luck. Although she had gunned for 3 medium bags, she was only able to undo 2 before the siren blared. But the holdout blaster and two power packs will be quite useful. Mon Mothma is pleased that her side will be able to cook their food as she holds a set of camping cookware. She?ll also be happy with the fact that she won?t smell for a while with her brand new bar of soap, after dumping one of the easy bags. In the remaining three easy bags she discovers a fire starter, a power pack, and a roll of fishing wire.

Space_Cowboy will be busy for a few hours as he tries to assemble a rather large tent for a very small guy. The tent can hold four people comfortably at night and all eight if they sit.

Jedi_Master_Damir pulls out 1 ancient Jedi Sword and 1 small smoked gundark leg from his two medium crates/>
  9. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dark Side[b/b]

Darth Maul

Dart quiqly hides the leg in his robe and takes the butcher nife in the hand and try to open another medium crate with it.
    Carefully looking all aroundhim so that no one would notice what he had found.
  10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually thats all you got. Whats listed above is what you were able to get.
  11. The_Darkside_Prophet Jedi Youngling

Lightside
    Mara Jade

"Alright! I got knifes! And a glowing rod! Great! I am so happy!" Mara started walking around looking at the other things that people got. She got to Yoda, and saw that he was having some trouble under a large fabric. "DO you need some help, little one?"

12. MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Dark Siders

Ysanne Isard

OOC:Excellent!

IC: Isard approaches her temamates. "What is next on our agenda? Should we try to find our rooms?" She glances up at the Temple, then looks toward the forest surrounding them. "Maybe we will need to set up a camp?"
    Nen Yim

IC: Yim broods over her lack of goods. After considering her situation, she decides that her shaping abilities and her intellect will have to be enough to get her by. She examines her teammate's findings, wondering where is Darth Maul?

/>
  13. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Lightside
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

He looked around himself at the his team mates, then at what he got from the crates. He was happy with the result, at least he got some kind of weapon. The food was a bonus, a Jedi can survive without food for long periods of time.

"We should start setting up camp" he said as everyone turned to look at him "People with weapons should gather around so we can set up a system on shifts on who should guard the camp at night. This way we can fit everyone in the camp - if Master Yoda will share that is - while there are a few at night to guard the camp. Opinions?" he said and looked around, waiting for someone to spaek.
  14. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Lightsiders
    Mirax Horn

Mirax pulls out the hunting spear and begins to assemble it. She walks over to her teammates and says, "A guard sounds like a good idea. We need to have at least one person awake & alert at all times. Be careful how you use the weapons, though. We have limited resources."
  15. Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan

star 4
    DarkSide
    Moff Jerjerrod

Jerjerrod sluffed the slug rifle unto his back. He figured that this will either come in handy in defense and finding food. But he was low on ammo, and had to be really careful since there was no other ammo on the planet...yet.

He then puts the bar of soap into his pocket. Although it seemed frivilous, he could either use it to clean up cuts or use it for a bartering item.

he smiles as he finds his favorite drink: a small tin canteen of Corellian whiskey. This will be a powerful bargining tool... he thought to himself. He quickly stowed it in his pants and went to his team.
  16. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dark Side

Darth Maul

Darth walked back to the others hiding what he had found, waiting for someone else to take some initiative and do something.
  17. MikeyKnew Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Darksiders
    Ysanne Isard

Isard stood, watching night fall, thinking we should find a place to stay, before it's too dark to see. She approaches Nen Yim: "Let's gether the others and find a place to set up camp. I have food enough for tonight. Once we have set up camp, I can offer everyone a meal in exchange for a place in a tent."

Nen Yim

Yim nods in approval of Isard's suggestion. She stands atop a crate and shouts to her team: "Everyone, darkness will soon be upon us. I suggest that we find a place to set up camp. Ysanne Isard has offered a small meal for everyone, should her and I be granting a place to stay in one of the tents."
    Yim glances at Nom Anor (TAG: Yominn Carr).
    "There is a path leading down into the forrest, to the left of our landing platform. I suggest that we follow it down and search for a flat spot to set up camp. Who's with me?"
    There is a low grumble through the crowd, as these Darksiders are not used to being led by someone else.
    Yim notices the disdain and continues: "I am not trying to assume the role of a leader. I am merely attempting to make a suggestion and get our team to a comfortable spot, where we can discuss who to systematically eliminate all the Lightsiders!!!"
    At this comment, the crowd is roused. Yim steps down from the crate and heads to the path.

Ysanne Isard

Isard picks up her cookware and food and follows Yim, not knowing whether the rest of her team will join them. . .

TAG: Darksiders
  18. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Lightsiders:
    IC as Jaina Solo:

Jaina was satified with her two medium bags she had obtained. She eagerly opened the first, discovering a holdout blaster. She tucked it away in her coat, not wishing everyone to see that she had it. In the other bag was two power packs. 'This will be extremely useful, I am sure, but i must make sure to use them wisely,' She thought to her self, while taking the bag and modifying it so that she couls carry it on her back with her arms free.

"So!" She grinned facing all the other Lightsiders, "What now? I am ready to go."
    Lightsiders:
    IC as Mon Mothma:

Mon Mothma solwy bends to the ground and carefully opens the first pack. Camping cookware! 'This will be very handy, and allow us to act like civilized beings... I hope,' she thought, a smile appearing on her lips. The next item she pulled out was a bar of soap. "oh great!" she said happily, "This is perfect!" In the oter three easy bags, she pulled out a fire starter, a power pack, and a roll of fishing wire. All three item are sure to prove very useful. Combining them all into the medium bag, she set her bag down and straightened up, looking around at her teammates and the surroundings. This should prove to be a most interesting adventure. />
  19. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Dark Side

Darth Maul

Maul isnt known for the most social person, and this wasnt an exeption, he made no sound just mooved up on the crate and stod behind the other two, this to make an mark that he was with them..for the time being that is.
    They had a point the usless lightsiders should die.

And when they started to walk away , he followed them.
  20. Wildwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Lightsiders
    Han Solo

Han Solo takes his Bowcaster and shoulders it, adjusting the scope. He checks the powercell, and is gratified to see it almost fully charged...giving him 50 shots. He then attends to the rod, taking the pieces and rolling them up into the raft. From there, he climbs a tree, and builds for himself a small hut inside the parimeter of the lightsiders using branches from the trees and the raft...this should keep unwanted eyes from looking through his stuff.

Solo then went down to the camp and found Mon Mothma

TO MON MOTHMA

Han Solo walks up to Mon Mothma.

"I have a bargain for you...I have enough fruit for everyone in this camp...for one day. I noticed that you got some fishing line, and I would like to know, if you would trade this fruit...somthing that you could use to either ration out or keep for yourself in exchange for your fishing line and hook."

TAG Mon Mothma
  21. Thok Jedi Master

star 6
    Lightsiders
    Booster Terrik

Walking into camp late, he is still ashamed that he was unable to untie any of the packages infront of him. All he could do is be mesmorized by the field of people ahead of him that untied the knots earlier in the day. Scolding himself for his horrible performance, Booster walked into the camp, and sat down between two rocks, dreaming about what was to come and how he could take charge and plow forward to help his team..,]

Tag: Any Lightsiders that wish to scold me....
  22. Space_Cowboy Jedi Youngling

star 2
    ooc:arent we supposed to work together. Rather than hiding and trading?

ic: Yoda was stuck under a tarp when a tall girl with red hair, came up and lifted it off him. "Thanks, I Give. Help me set up this tent, you will?"
  23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, you are.

I'll be starting the Immunity contest in a couple days.
  24. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Lightsiders
    Mirax Horn

Mirax looked around at her teammates, unable to find her father. At last she spotted him, sitting between two rocks. He looked unaturally upset. She walked over.

"It's ok, Father," she said with a smile, "Our team was able to get enough boxes to last us a while. Come on, let's go back and set up camp."

TAG: Booster and/or other Lightsiders

25. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Lightsiders:
    Mon Mothma:

"Well, Solo," Mon Mothma said kindly, "I believe we need to work together. I think we will end up combining our rescources. But we will see what the future holds and how events unfold. I think I will decline your offer for now. Thankyou, though. And may I say I am very glad you have joined us on the little mission," She said, smiling at him. Then she turned and walked away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.