main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***GALACTIC TAMBAYAN - The SWP Social Thread***

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by jedi_ginny, Sep 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMAULDER

DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2000
    Shoot! pic not working again! :(

[image=http://images.webshots.com/ProThumbs/65/18265_wallpaper280.jpg]

AAARGGHHH!!!

EDIT: Wait! It's working. It's working! (ala Ani)

YEHEEEEY!!!
    [image=http://www.everwonder.com/david/austinpowers/ausdance.gif]

2. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Darthmaulder, I love the Yoda pic, and the caption. Ya know, you have the potential to win one of our photo captioning contests... There's one to be launched next week. Join in! :D

By the way, about the pics... if you put in URL's that link to the images, it might not work if the server where the pic is hosted does not allow hotlinking. But I guess you found a way already. :)

3. Anakiningining

Anakiningining Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    how about if i submit captions and everyone has to find the appropriate picture?

4. Holo_Obi

Holo_Obi Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2003
    hi! newbies here. hello to you all.

5. anakin_malfoy

anakin_malfoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    greetings... another newbie here.

6. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002

Welcome all newbies! Make yourselves comfy. :)

Okay, that will be a very very intriguing contest. Really. Seriously.

7. Lightspeedowl

Lightspeedowl Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2002
    Hmmmmmmmm submit captions and we find pictures.......

lesseeee......

No, no NOT MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What scene is THAT one from? ;)

Nightowl >8#

8. Anakiningining

Oct 17, 2002

No, no NOT MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What scene is THAT one from?

Nightowl >8#

--- thats Luke's reaction after he walked in on Chewbacca and Han Solo together in the bathroom

9. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002

Dang! Erase mental picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    "No, no NOT MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

[image=http://www.synergizedsolutions.com/simpsons/pictures/marge/margelisa2.gif]

hehe!

Seriously, i said that line after I saw this...

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/padme/abs.jpg]

Hmmmmmmm...

11. Anakiningining

Oct 17, 2002
    ok boys and girls, what mental picture comes to mind when i give captions like this:

'Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?'

hehhehehe

12. Anakiningining

Oct 17, 2002
    how about this line:

'You've got something jammed in here real good.'

13. Anakiningining

Oct 17, 2002
    and behind door number 3:

'Get in there you big furry oaf, I don't care what you smell!'

hahahhaha

14. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    Just watched The Two Towers and I've got this to say...

WHAT'S UP WITH THE CHANGES?!! :(

I really think it's a good movie but it's very disappointing if you've read the books. ...

WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!

ME VERY LIKES:

1) The first scene where we see the mountains and the Gandalf vs. the Balrog battle. I never expected that but it's waaay cool!

2)GRIMA WORMTONGUE! Wow! this guy is wicked! The way he looks at Eowyn gives me the creeps!

3)EOWYN! Another great performance. She's portrayed exactly the way I imagined her to be.(wait, that didn't sound nice...):D

4)Gimli's antics. Although it's a bit off sometimes, I really liked Gimli's humor. It adds a lot to the film. (esp. during the battle of helm's deep where he's too short to see what's going on).

5)Legolas. As cunning as ever. I love the scene where he's standing on the hills shooting at those orc creatures. And doing the horse climbing thing (ala Matrix)...

6)Theoden. The scene where Theoden is crying over the death of his son (I forgot his name). And the one where Theoden is putting his armor on. Probably my favorite scene in the movie.

7)Gandalf with Eomer and the rest of the Rohirrim riding down the hills. Although I think Eomer should have had a bigger role in the movie. I'd admit that this scene rocks! Comparable to the "Jedi to the rescue" in AoTC.

8) And Last but certainly not the least: GOLLUM/SMEAGOL! The best performance in the film! Hands down to Serkis for the wonderful job! The CGI is sooo great! And I love the way he changes from Smeagol and Gollum..

The rest of the movie is great, except these...

ME NOT LIKES:

1) EOMER! He's my favorite character in the book! Why?! His role is diminished to add drama to the "RESCUE" scene. I hope he's given a bigger role in ROTK.

2) The ENTS!! In the book (at least in my memory) they're aware at Saruman's deeds and they're already planning the assault of Isengard. But in the movie it seems that they didn't care about what was going on and are surprised when they saw that the trees are destroyed. Plus, I think they should have had more friendly relationships with Merry and Pippin (Talking about Entwives, etc.)

3) The Arwen scene! What's that all about? I think it has nothing to do with the story. I guess PJ wantes a little romance in the movie so he puts the Arwen/Aragorn scene in the middle of the STORY! I think they should've added that to the FoTR if they really want to establish the love story. And Arwen, did she leave for the Grey Heavens? Eowyn has something for Aragorn? What about <SPOILER> Faramir? Aren't they supposed to be married?

4) Aragorn's "death". I can't remember if this is included in the books but I think it's inserted just to give weight to his love for Arwen and Eowyn's feelings for him. (although I think his kissing scene with Brego is very funny) :D

5) The 2 kids fleeing the village. What's that all about? everybody knew that war is bound to happen. Why the need to spread the news?

6) When they ride out of Helm's Deep, they're against THOUSANDS of ORCS. And not even a single scratch?

7) The battle of Helm's Deep ended really bad IMO. After Gandalf and co. leaped from the hills, a few sword slashing here and there and that's it! it's over! I wish they should've had added more battle scenes with Eomer and the Rohirrim.

8) The battle of Isengard is one of my most anticipated battle sequence in the movie. But it also ended as... CRAP! This is one of the most disappointing parts of the movie for me. The Ents should have done more damage to Isengard. But all they did was throw rocks, a little smashing here and there and then the flood. :(

9) The ending. The ending is very disappointing. I know that it's intentionally made "bitin", but the Samwise monologue sucks! The only good part was when Gandalf says "The battle of Helm's deep has ended. Now, the battle of Middle Earth has begun". ANG CORNY NI SAMWISE!!!!!

10) The omitted parts. This is the most intriguing part for me. How the hell will PJ squeeze all the missing pa

15. Lightspeedowl

Dec 18, 2002
    Okay.... I can't think of any captions, but I can tell you something REALLY funny about my class today. I'm taking Gender Communication.

Today the teacher asked us to get in small groups with both males and females, and asked us to discuss how our lives would be changed or different if tomorrow we woke up as a member of the opposite sex!

Well, I stated, that I would not be teased as much for liking things like Star Wars, Hockey Games, and Classic cars, all more masculine types of things in general!

It was a riot, some of the things people came up with.... from the obvious physical differences, to the well... more stereotypical things like the guys saying, "I would pay more attention to my hair, makeup and clothes!" LOL!

This class is gonna be SOOOOOOOOO fun!

Nightowl >8#

16. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    knock! knock!

Where is everybody?

hmmmm.....

17. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Haaaay. Don't know where everyone is. :) Moonlighting somewhere, probably. LOL.

18. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    hehe...

Just watched the Japanese version of "The Ring". Grabe! kakatakot... :D

19. Lightspeedowl

Dec 18, 2002
    Sorry, got swamped last week. My brother had surgery on Tuesday, they removed spurs from the spinal cord in his neck, and I was kinda busy with that, plus I had some things going on in the groups I run, and had to handle those things.

I apologize, I got REALLY behind! ;)

But I'm working to catch up today, some now and some after class later!

Nightowl >8#

20. 1ringwd4s

1ringwd4s Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2002
    nabasa nyo yung sinabi ng fx supervisor ng The Matrix? pucha ang yabang ni John Gaeta!

21. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    Yeah! Starwars movies are "soulless" daw. Yabang! Kung wala naman yung overrated "bullet time" scene sa Matrix wala namang manonood 'non.

22. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002

And is The Matrix "soulful" by comparison? Ehehehehehe. :p

23. Lightspeedowl

Dec 18, 2002
    Hmmmm movies that are soulful....

Porgy and Bess...

Gone With The Wind....

Oh.... you said soulful... not soul food!

LOL!

Nightowl >8#

P.S. playing in here cause mean ol icky Yahoo won't let me into groups. WHOP WHOP WHOP!

24. Lightspeedowl

Dec 18, 2002
    Hmmmm and SINCE it won't let me into groups...

What else can I do in here? ;)

Owls are bored. They finally get to stay up late and read groups, and groups are not working! Isn't that wonderful?

Owls want someone to play with. Where is everyone? Yoo hoo, Oneal? Stompie?? Hat Trick???

BORRRRRRRRRRRRED Owl.

Nightowl >8#

P.S. Have you hugged your squeaky bat today?

25. Anakiningining

Oct 17, 2002
    Owl, i didn;t know 'Wayne' (the bat) could squeak... then again, anything would squeak if you squeezed it hard enough

hehehehhe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.