main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Galactic Warfare Timeline

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darthbarracuda, Jul 11, 2013.

1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Now I know that Wookieepedia has a huge page on the Galactic Timeline of the Star Wars galaxy, but to me it's a bit cluttered and filled with a bunch of stuff that I don't really care to much about.

I wondering if someone knows of a basic timeline out there that chronologizes all the major galactic conflicts. Even better if it has a little summary or something. Whenever I try to learn more about the chronology of the conflicts like the "Great Galactic War" or the "_________ War" or the "_______ Conflict", it gets extremely confusing.

Thanks a bunch.

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    1) Force Wars (on Tython, the origins of the Jedi)
    2) First Great Schism (Xendor rebels against the other Jedi)
    3) Second Great Schism (some Dark Jedi are banished)
    4) Great Hyperspace War (the Republic stumbles upon the Sith Empire, Naga Sadow raises war against the Republic)
    5) First Sith War (Exar Kun War)
    6) Mandalorian Wars (some Mandalorian remnants of the Exar Kun War rebuild their forces and attack the Republic)
    7) Second Sith War (Revan and Malak betray the Jedi)
    8) Great War (the Sith Emperor and his forces return from the Unknown Regions and try to demolish the Republic)
    9) New Sith War (some new Sith like Bane and Kaan raise war against the Republic)
    10) Star Hyperspace War (a pirate named Stark starts hijacking Bacta tankers)
    11) Clone Wars (Separatists vs Republic)
    12) Galactic Civil War (Rebels vs Empire)
    13) Nagai-Tof War (Lumiya invades the Galacy with a Nagai Invasion Force)
    14) Imperial Civil War (some Imperials turn on each other after the defeat of Grand Admiral Thrawn, Palpatine returns)
    15) Yuuzhan Vong War (the Yuuzhan Vong, an extragalactic species, attack the Galaxy)
    16) Second Galactic Civil War (Corellia tries to separate itself from the Galactic Federation, the rise of Darth Caedus)
    17) Sith-Imperial War (the Empire declares war on the Federation after a Vong terraforming project gets sabotaged)
    18) Second Imperial Civil War (Darth Krayt upsurps the Imperial throne leading to an Alliance between Emperor Fel's forces and the Federation)

3. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I would also throw in the Alsakan Conflicts from 17,000 BBY to 3,017 BBY between Alsakan, Coruscant, Corellia and their respective allies. Also included in that are the Pius Dea crusades from 11,965 BBY to 10,966 BBY

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You might want to read this. Doesn't have a basic list, but it covers every major galactic war from the Pre-Republic era to the Legacy era in precise detail.
    [​IMG]

5. AlyxDinas

AlyxDinas Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2010
    Less detail than one might think, good a read as it is. The Atlas, as per my point, has a far better coverage of the Mandalorian Wars, Thrawn's Campaign, Vong War and such because it includes the maps of the actual campaigns and wars. Essential Guide to Warfare is great if you want detail about military life, cruiser classifications, etc. But if I recall, the Second Galactic Civil War mostly get coverage in a piece about one of the gunners at Kashyyyk and the Vong War gets a lot of coverage in an IC writing that talks a lot about Sien Sovv.