main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Galacticon meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DOMNUSKYWALKER, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOMNUSKYWALKER

DOMNUSKYWALKER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2005
    I know its been a crazy 2010. And still lost of odds and ends to do. But when are we going to get together to get the balls rolling again. New year.

I have lots of ideas but time is like in the pooper with school. But Im going to try and build a Ton-Ton for kids to sit on and get pics.

2. ABC42

ABC42 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    jan is a busy month for most of us since most Sats are filled. How about early Feb?

3. Ashara_Leiani

Ashara_Leiani Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    My availablity is pretty much up in the air right now. We do need to discuss Galacticon soon. We can do a brief meeting at my baby shower if you wish.

4. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    When is the baby shower scheduled

5. ABC42

May 18, 2007
    Isn't it this Sat?

6. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    As complicated and scatterd everyones personal lives have become.
    In the end we decided that Galacticon is a go. We decided that the library afforded us the free rooms for the con that it was an like a promise of delivery on our parts. It's going to be as usual a tremedous effort in a short amount of time.

We decied that last years poster will be used again and we will change the date. I will volunteer for that by our Febuary meeting.
    I will also contact the U.S.S Batlif to ask them if they want to do a panel and set up a fan table. The Fashion show is back if we can get enough costume characters.

We may or may not have gaming, that is up in the air. But that would leave more room for fan groups and venders, and room to spread out.

In the end we always pull it off. We also need to remember that it's hard but we don't do this for ourselves as much as we do it for the kids. We bring to life only what we use to imagine what it would be like to meet a stormtrooper or Vader or an Xwing. We bring fanticy to life. Something a kid will remeber and pass on to there own kids.
    8)
    So lets bring it!!!!

7. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    What is the Date and Time for this again?

8. Ashara_Leiani

Feb 27, 2007
    Saturday, March 26th. 9:00 - 4:30.

i tried to edit the flyer that I have, but it's a read only. If anyone who has a copy that can be edited can update it, I would appreciate it. The library is asking for flyers.

9. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    Its ok I have the orignal template on my computer Im goiong to be hiting that up this weekend. So I can get some flyers made, and starth puting them out.

10. Ashara_Leiani

Feb 27, 2007
    Can you email me a copy so I can send it to the VA Beach library and also to Jim Blanton?

11. ABC42

May 18, 2007
    Any ideas for a panel discussion? Should we do a Star Wars theme or should we do something in sci/fi general? Will HR do a panel?

12. DOMNUSKYWALKER

Aug 12, 2005
    I will be heading up the fashion show. I let Patrick for HRR know he is going to see if he can get HRR and some 501st peeps he knows.

I had posters printed 4 large ones I took to the library yesturday and I dropped on at EB games at hilltop. I'll be dropping one at Bit of England and EB game in Pembrook tomarrow.
    I had 4 large printed and 25 regular size paper.

I emailed the immage to Ashara to forward to the Chesapeake library too. If anyone wants to meet up with me this week to take some to pass out. Let me know.

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.