Galacticon

Discussion in 'Tidewater Area, VA' started by jediknight88, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Thats right folks, It's approved!

The Tidewater Alliance will be hosting it's very own con in March of 2007.

Place: Virgina Beach Central Library
    Date: March 3rd, 2007
    Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm

Associated groups and vendors that have signed on:
    Regal Cinemas

Associated Science Fiction groups have been asked if they would like to participate, and we are still awaiting word from those groups, but I will notify everyone once that has happened.

Scheduled Events:

~Science Fiction Film Festival - Raffle prizes for those in attendance for various screenings will be awarded.

~Halo 2 gaming tournament - This is going to be swat style gaming. More info and sign up sheets will be available soon.

~Science Fiction display tables will be set up at various spots, spotlighting science fiction group, allowing interested fans to view what each group has to offer. For more information reguarding how to have your group reserved space feel free to email me at chapter_rep@thetidewateralliance.net.

There will also be a Lightsaber Fight Demonstration given by the Jedi Fighting Arts Association and the Tidewater Alliance, demonstrating the Jedi and Sith Arts. This event will take place mid day during the Science Fiction Film Festival. The grand finale will be our very own Anakin and Obi-Wan showcasing thier skills by re-enacting the end fight scene of Revenge Of The Sith.

More details to follow...
  2. fraken8902 Jedi Knight

star 1
    J call me 282-3750 I have some questions and possible contacts for you and only you.
  3. fraken8902 Jedi Knight

star 1
    J
    Sent you an email the phone not acting right
  4. Kyrel-Dak Jedi Youngling

I am meeting with a reporter for a feature article and photos about the Tidewater Alliance and our Galacticon. Special thanks to Gina (Yaddle) for submitting the advertisements. The article comes out on Thursday in the Beacon. This is awesome advertising for the Con!
  5. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Great news! Bravo Zulu Yaddle!
  6. Kyrel-Dak Jedi Youngling

The article will be out in the Beacon on Thursday.

In other Galacticon news we have had another Vendor sign up. The Vendors are looking good.

We have a dress reheasal for the Lighsaber demo and AV team on Wednesday. Only the fighters need attend but there will be a few Coordinators on hand as well. Two of the fighters are on board and I will contact the other two asap.
  7. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    Great news, I cant wait till this event happens, should be a blast!
  8. Qevdar Jedi Knight

star 2
    Good Luck with your con this weekend!! I hope all goes well!! I plan on stopping by to say hello!

Patrick
  9. Kyrel-Dak Jedi Youngling

Our dress rehearsal went well. Good job guys on the effort in practice. Media had a few glitches but were ironed out and will look great.

Our Vendors are looking good and there will be some fine displays on hand.

The article is out in todays Beacon. It prominently mentions both Galacticon and The Tidewater Alliance. We will have to begin a scrapbook on our press.

Now the only thing left to do is have Galacticon. See everyone on Saturday bright and early.
  10. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    I will see you there! This event is going to be awsome, and I am glad that everything came together well at the dress rehersal. Great job guys!

I will have to gather up and find all my Tidewater Alliance press stuff to add the growing scrapbook! lol
  11. fraken8902 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lucky enough I had a DR. appt out at the beach I picked the article up and read it was great.
  12. jediknight88 Force Ghost

star 6
    For any that did not see it.

[image=http://www.thetidewateralliance.net/images/beacon.jpg]
  13. ANAKINOS Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks to all that made galacticon a great success. Hope we are able to do it again sometime. And thanks to all that came out and showed their support.
  14. DOMNUSKYWALKER Chapter Rep, Tidewater Alliance FF, Virginia

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Everything was very surprisingly smooth. Thanks to everyone jumping in and getting thier hands dirty. LOL
    Costumes looked awsome as always. Thank yous to the 501st and The RL for coming you guys rock! We look forward to seeing you all again and at many more events.

15. Darth_Ruan Jedi Master

star 2
    It was awesome...very awesome. Everyone did a great job putting everything together, very smooth. I think the VB Central Library was pleased.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.