main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Galaxies] Ep3 based expansion ' Rage of the Wookiees'

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    from here

Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees Announced (PC)
    LucasArts announces a new expansion for Star Wars Galaxies placed in the Episode III timeline.
    By Eduardo Vasconcellos | March 9, 2005

LucasArts and Sony Online Entertainment announced today that Star Wars Galaxies will have a new download tentatively called Episode III Rage of the Wookiees.

Rage of the Wookiees will contain content taken directly from the upcomong Star Wars film, including the Wookiee home planet, Kashyyyk. Players will have the option to defend the freedom of the Wookies, or fight with the Imperial aligned Trandoshan enslavers in over 100 missions.

Players will be able to explore locations of interest, including the Wookiee tree cities, Trandoshan slave games and Rodian safari lands. New starcraft will debut in the game, including the Jedi Starfighter flown by Anakin Skywalker along with creatures and mounts taken from Revenge of the Sith.

In addition to the new content, space mining, a new type of gameplay, will be introduced. Space mining will allow players to mine asteroids, collecting raw materials to sell to crafters. Any starcraft can be outfitted for space mining, but those who are dedicated will earn more sophisticated equipment for their ship, allowing them to travel through space while mining and fighting with up to 19 other players as the ship's crew.

Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees will be available for pre-order early April and will be available for download on May 5.

[b]edit:[/b] From another thread the Bibster wrote [i]"I finished [Galaxies] in like, 6 hours. What a ripoff! And the ending leaves it SO OPEN for a sequal. "[/i].

So, are you happy now?

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
  3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
  4. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Awesome. I was hoping for a Jedi Starfighter soon.

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > Please take this to the existing, well-established Galaxies thread that is still on page one.

Dolt

We have (had) standalone threads for the Galaxies Space Expansion.

We have also had standalone threads for other SW game expansions such as MotS, Clone Campaigns etc.

Knob.

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Fine. Jerkface.

7. SYKO

SYKO Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2001
    Sounds kewl to me. Looks like I have to get it and JTL I want a Jedi Starfighter.

8. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    now, would this happen in the same time frame galaxies does? or would it be sort of like a galaxies precursor?

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    It's an Addon. It adds stuff to the current game. Stuff that is based on Episode 3, but still all happens some time after ANH where Galaxies (and JTL) is set.

10. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    well that's really the cat's ass then. i can't wait, i love the wookie planet! i had a feeling that after episode III came out that a lot of players would start using wookies, now i see that there'll be no reason not too. i'm geeked!

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > well that's really the cat's ass then... i'm geeked!

I am so out of touch with the kids lingo these days. Ummm. I'm smegglehounded about the whole situation

12. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    How long are characters stored after you cancel an account? I cancelled my account last November. Any chance my characters are still around?

Whats happening with the game since Novemeber. Are all the major cities still lag central? Does combat still suck? The Jedi Fest still going on? Does the game still feel not like Star Wars?

13. Darth_Gaige

Darth_Gaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2005
    I bought Galaxies 2day does anyone know if you can be a dark jedi on this game?

14. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    After working to become Force Sensitve, then training to be a Jedi, you can be a Dark Jedi, yes. :)

How much is this going to cost?

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    How much have you got?

16. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Right now I have about 15,000 credits.

17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Becoming a Jedi doesn't cost much in credits but more time than anything. I've got one friend doing the FS grind and he tells me that it's an awful lot of work and he's often buying a lot of grenades which don't come cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.