main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxies: General Chat, Discussion, Information plus Q&A's

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Insane Anakin, Jun 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiplemw

shiplemw Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Languages...

I haven't been around long enough but apparently before the NGE hit you couldn't stand next to a wookie and know what they were saying with out learning the wook language from an NPC or someone else.

Basically it is like in real life. If you only speak english when a different language is spoken all you here is gibberish... same thing here. When a Wookie spoke all you heard / read were roars. However, if you take the time to learn the language (like in real life) you could understand them. Not only could you understand them, you could speak to them in that language. There were several languages (wook, aqualish, etc etc you get the point).

2. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    Thanks. Man, that sucks. I would like to have a Kaadu with a name. Or the thing that Obi-Wan rode in RotS. But I would need Rage of the Wookies for that and I haven't seen the Galaxies three-set (or whatever it was called) in a while.

3. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Well if you want a named Kaadu, try your Server Trade Forums.. there might be a kaadu for sale there. But it will have whatever name it had before they got rid of pets in the game. And be ready to pay a hefty amount of money to get pets with commands and such.

As for the Game three-in-one thing. If you wait until November of this year, there should be a new release of SWGalxies with ALL expansions (everything including Mustafar and Kassh). Plus, you get a free gift: an ATRT i think it is...

4. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    o_O An AT-RT you say? Not sure what use that might serve other than fighting since they aren't all that fast. But that sounds good. I'm currently looking for a PC that'll be able to run that along with EaW and any other game I might want. I still want to get a BARC speeder bike, though.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    And most people are playing WoW because it's a far better online experience than SWG?

lolocaust.

E_S

6. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Before the NGE each race could speak Basic(English) as well as their native tongue. Twi'leks could also communicate with their head tails. Each race could teach other races how to speak their language, for free and with no time commitment. So effectivley languages were just another interesting feature that was gutted in the interests of maintaining the "casual gamer". Everybody simply learned all the languages from the very start of the game, making them useless. The exception being Twi'Lek head tail language which could not be tought to other races. If a Twi'Lek spoke in this way you would see "so and so makes weird movements with their head tails."

I never actually learned the languages, which never posed a problem, except for Wookies. Which were uncapable of speaking Basic. It was actually alot of fun to enounter wookie players in the game because I actually saw their Rwwwaarrrrr Rrww Grrrr, rather then what they were actually saying in english.

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

But yes.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, I was being semi-serious. WoW is a better online experience than SWG, and I know a half-dozen people personally who left SWG for WoW.

WoW > SWG, is what I'm saying.

E_S

8. Zeckyweck

Zeckyweck Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    a lot of people will just play SWG cuz WoW is not Star Wars, which is good. They definately need to get more subscribers, or consoidate their servers so that more people are actually online intereacting with each other. A lot of the time its lke a ghost town on those serversand that takes a lot of the fun out of it.

Another question: How far will this game progress in the Star Wars timeline?

9. liambauckham

liambauckham Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    the game will need to stay in some kind of quantum time status holding thingamajig

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm not playing SWG because it's got a shocking reputation as a game and because WoW doesn't.

Sure, it's not Star Wars, but it's fun. And the Devs don't have their wicked, wicked way with me as a subscriber. ;)

E_S

11. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I looked through all my old screenshots of the game again, all pre-NGE and God, I miss it. I don't know why I read this thread again or why I even bother posting, but I need to tell someone. :( Even doing nothing was fun in that game sometimes! And it looked soooo good.

I miss my Creature Handler. I was never really alone.

12. Smuggler_4_Life

Smuggler_4_Life Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    I won't beat around the bush for this one.... I'll just come out and say it.....

SMUGGLERS

CAN

NOW

SMUGGLE!

On Test Center, anyways. Hey, we're one step closer! :0)

13. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    Yes finally SMugglers can smuggle after what? 3 YEARS?!?!? But I like the addition of having smuggler hunted by us Bounty Hunters... Would be cool to go after someone else instead of Jedi coz they make me sick...

I like the way some kids play Jedi, they arent like the Elder Jedi's I have hunted down PRE-CU. If they beat me they think they are gods and the alpha profession... but when I kill them they cry I exploited in some way... hehe.. They should realized that Pre-Cu Jedi WERE THE ALPHA PROFESSION back then, and if I could beat them back then; post NGE Jedi are easy as cake...

14. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Lol, I hafta try that. My first profession is either gonna be Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, or Commando. I plan on being a Stormie (if I can).

15. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Ulic, can you tell me where you got the info on that new full pack thing?

16. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
  17. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Oh, yeah. I checked earlier but couldn't find it.

18. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    They should add something better than an AT-RT. I was thinking they could add an airspeeder of some sort. Maybe even a Republic Gunship. Or a Virago, or an N-1, or some kind of Rebel and Imperial ships that still aren't in the game. Heck, why not some new species? I'd like to see Shistaveans and Togrutas.

19. shiplemw

shiplemw Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    To be brutally honest... adding in new stuff right now is not a high priority. The game is on a fundamental "healing" path to get back to being a good game. They are adding expertise / profession specific things (and doing a good job with it)but until they are finalized with that it would make no sense to add anything else new in. Doing so would just drag out the process. Once all 9 professions get expertise and the GCW expertise is added in, they do a balance pass, they do a bug pass/fix for several pubs.. lookout... from then on the possibilities for new stuff is endless.

20. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    The expertise is just a shadow of the templates that was used 3 years ago. I still love the old system with the multitude of profession templates and possibilities. But I do prefer this over the post CU era. At least we get the same professions with a tad bit of difference in terms of fighting.

I hope they dont forget about the non-combat professions as well as the neutral players who dont seem to get any content the last few publishes...

21. Qel_Xirnix

Qel_Xirnix Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2006
    I played for about a year and advanced rather quickly through the system before the NGE. I can say that I was of the overwhelming majority who was not happy with the NGE and cancelled my subscription along with my entire guild. Right now, I'm keeping sharp on my MMORPG skills with WoW, but it is getting old, unlike SWG. Politics chased me out of SWG, not repitition. Is this game any better now, since the launch of the NGE? What major features and fixes have been added since the unrolling of the NGE and ToOW? Any new planets since Mustafar? Please re educate me so I don't waste money finding out for myself. Thanks to all who post.

22. DarthDan10855863

DarthDan10855863 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Gday people.
    I don't actually have the game as of now, due to being in year 11, but I will most definitely have it the year after next, if not next year- also, by then, things will be better and the game will improve (for instance I believe smugglers can actually smuggle thanks to september 2006).
    Anyway, I was wondering how many credits you'd have to be considered rich?
    I have had experience at games such as Diablo II, where money is basically worthless and it's all about items- if this is the case, tell me so, but do credits have at least some value in this game?

Thanks,
    Dan

23. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    I recently came back due to a 3 week offer from sony, it seems ok. I've only so far done space patrols and some creature missions on tatooine. I'm wondering if I'm now level 55, whats the best way to level up quickly while I am a jedi?

24. Zeckyweck

Zeckyweck Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    short of grinding, Im not sure what the best way is... for jedi, at least. What is this of a three week offer?

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    There isn't any content between levels 55-70. [face_plain] Good luck. Once you hit 70, there's Kashyyyk, and once you hit 80 there's Mustafar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.