main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxies: General Chat, Discussion, Information plus Q&A's

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Insane Anakin, Jun 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiplemw

shiplemw Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    You'll see NGE servers about the time you see Andrew Jackson get elected as president again.

They have said repeatedly that they will not, and have no idea of entertaining the thought of pre-NGE servers. As much as everyone clamors to have the game back to what it "was" it just won't happen the way they want. Here's why...

Every NGE hater believes that pre-nge servers will bring back massive flocks of people that left at the implementation of the NGE. Newsflash for you this game lost a lot of subs when the CU was implemented, it lost a lot of subs when the NGE was implemented. Those people that left at the CU aren't coming back and a good deal, probably 60-80% of those that left at the NGE, aren't coming back either. Anyone that quit, has more than likely moved on to something else game wise, moved onto something else in life or doesn't want to invest the time into the game again.

Pre-NGE servers, Pre-CU servers, etc etc all this kind of topic does is get people sidetracked from the real issue of improving the current game. The only way to do that is to focus wholly on the current game and dive into it 100%. As I mentioned before... everyone blames SOE, LA, etc.... some of it is their responsibility but just looking at what I see from the consumer base and the rabid desire to implement "improvements or great ideas" they were destined to fail from the beginning no matter who worked on the team, the publisher, etc.

2. shiplemw

shiplemw Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    I'm interested in SWG discussion here. Can you tell me if the chiss poacher leader is the last mission in the Etty Hunting grounds on Kash?

3. SkyWookiee

SkyWookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Developer update at SWG forums:

Discussion: Beast Master & Genetic Engineer

Discussion: Gardens, Gardeners & Greenhouses

Discussion: Invasion Raids/Arenas, Galactic Achievement System

4. Smuggler_4_Life

Smuggler_4_Life Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Nope, just an inordinately difficult task stuck in the middle of the Ettyy series of missions. Once you get through it, you should have a few more quests, leading up to the Hrracca glade quest to kill the kkorwrott (sp?). That'll give you the Chiss backpack and the very strange, very large kkorwrott trophy.

Also, interesting threads on the official forums about beast mastery / gardening / raiding. It's nice to see a few of the non-combat elements of the game come back into consideration. I hope they let us name our pets again!

5. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Awww... Holographic pets since we can't call real ones in homes. Jawa! Ewok! Rancor!

6. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I'm glad to see Creature Handler is back into consideration, but I'll still never forgive the [enter anti TOS explititive here] for deleting my profession of 3 years.

-The Scummy-

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Um, so is World of Warcraft.

E_S

8. SkyWookiee

Jul 26, 2003
    Chapter 4: Commando, Spy and Medic expertise.

9. darthnave

darthnave Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2005
    And every mechandising buisiness in the world.

10. Samuel

Samuel Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    the Chapter 4 update went live this week and it has brought some very good updates and new changes to the game. the highlight of course is the commando/medic/spy expertise. SWG has come along way, been playing since day one and I cant quite call it good again. Its getting better and with each update the new designers they hired are really showing quality. It is still a wait and see period, atleast all the combat professions have thier expertise trees completed now, and next up will be the long awaited revamps/updates for the crafting professions and entertainer. Most likely we wont see those til January or even early Febuary due to the holidays.

SWG is starting to feel like it use to. These new designers are really doing a great job, alittle slow at times but what they are giving us is quality so far its been worth it.

11. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Are there boats in Galaxies, or do the game physics allow you to use any hover vehicle to go over water?

12. darthnave

Sep 5, 2005
    Does anyone have a file in Kettermoor?

13. shiplemw

shiplemw Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    You can drive any hover vehicle over water, they slow down somewhat though.

14. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    So this is just something I thought would be cool for SWG, since the reason I stopped playing is my computer isn't new enough to handle SWG. What if Sony made it possible to play it on the PS3. Imagine the lack of lagging there would be. I think the PS# is perfect for this, with all those USB ports to plub in mice, keyboards, and stuff. Just a thought.

15. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    Hey I've got a question for anyone who plays Galaxies. I have the art of gallaxies and wondered what they looked like in the game.
    What do the Agrilat Crystal swamps and did the Kusak make it into the game? They had concepts of a Mon Cal small fighter was it in the expansion? And one more thing, what do the houses in Galaxies look like?
    Pics would be great!
    Thanks,
    JNiebs-

16. shiplemw

shiplemw Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005
    Lag is a result of sending / receiving information. You would still have to do this to play SWG, as all the info is server side (minus keymaps, etc). There would still be lag due to connection and sending info back and forth. There has always been talk about porting it over but I highly doubt it would ever get ported, the game is too complex controls wise to drop it into consoles, requires too much information and is ever changing with updates, patches, etc. Plus they would need to double their staff, one to take care of the PC side, one to take care of the PS3 or whatever console they would talk about moving it to.... Plus I don't believe the market is there, just my opinion.

17. shiplemw

shiplemw Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2005

Not quite sure what you mean by "you have the art of galaxies", if you have the art then it wouldn't change much in game... just not seeing what you are wanting I guess.
    Kusak - thats an animal right? If so I believe it was / is in the game still.
    Agrilat Crystal Swamps - not sure, what planet is it on and I can check for you?
    Mon Cal Fighter - not sure as I don't know the "makers" of each fighter, throw a name out and I can answer it.
    Houses - http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/players/guides.vm?id=80003

18. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    The Kusak is like a dog like creature isnt it?? I think Ive seen it in Dantooine or Corellia, not sure exactly.

The Agrilat Crystal Swamp is a POI (Point of Interest) in Corellia. There is a waypoint available to go there.

The Mon Cal fighter is not in-game atm. Although the Nova POB ship available to players looks similar to it. If you can go in-game, look for a Rebel Ace Pilot; chances are he has one or two.

Hope these help.

Cheers

19. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Well, my 'lag' problem is just that my computer is too slow. My connection is great, so I guess a better machine = smoother gameplay, not necessarily less lag, by your definition. But you have a good point about the market and double staff thing. On the other hand, the PS3 has the ability to install another OS, so I'l just try installing Windows XP and playing as if I was on a PC. Once again, I just need to plug in a keyboard, mouse, and joystick into the USB ports. Plus, I can play on TV.

20. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Even consoles suffer from lag on the most simplest of multiplayer games, even though everyone has a "good" connection. But having said that, there are MMOs on consoles, I see no reason why there shouldn't be a SW one. It won't be Galaxies, but there are rumours of one being developed specifically for consoles.

21. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Oct 30, 2006
    Could someone get a pic of the Kusak for me? I don't have the game but I do have The Art of Str Wars Galaxies. It has cool concepts but I want to know if some things made it into the game.
    If u have any pics I'd really like to see them.
    JNiebs-

22. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Ill try and see if I can get a screenie of a Kusak and post it here for ya...Been busy organizing Imperials for pvp that I havent gone planet sightseeing in 2 years... could be a good change to just roam the Galaxy and check things out again...

23. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Oct 30, 2006
    Awesome thanks man!
    in the book it says that they were on Lok but someone else said that they were on Corellia so I'm not sure who's right.
    J

24. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Oct 30, 2006
    Anybody got a pic of a Kusak yet?
    J

25. BountyHuntersRule

BountyHuntersRule Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2006
    just thought id ask, since i have a large number of players of the game to ask, is it value for money? and is it better than such games as Guild Wars which have only the purchase charge of the license and by how much?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.