Galaxies: General Chat, Discussion, Information plus Q&A's

Discussion in 'Games' started by Insane Anakin, Jun 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Towley Jedi Padawan

I am an old veteran, i played even back when it was just a beta... i played off and on from the launch to the combat upgrade. the game didnt make sense anymore so i stopped playing. i was almost a matser pistoleer and i was also working on the dumb village quest thing which i never really got too far on...but any way, i was thinking about starting to play again for the summer and maybe try to get jedi status and get a master/apprentince thing going.. does anyone have any advice or comments on wat i should do to adapt to this new combat system and anything else would be appreciated.

may the force be with you
  2. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Try to get Jedi status? It's a starting profession now. [face_plain]
  3. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The game continues to go downhill fast, and nothing seems to be able to stop the free-fall. No, there is absolutely nothing exciting about the beast mastery expertise, it's a stupid system that bears little or no resemblance to the old creature handler. Furthermore (at least on Test Center) they have exponentially raised the difficulty of NPCs so that now same-level elites or gold chevron bosses usually mean insta-death to solo players, and usually several incaps to small groups. Raising the difficulty without adding anything worthwhile in terms of loot or rewards is absolutely retarded. Oh yeah they also re-did all of the missions for the Rebel Theme Park, but there are absolutely no faction-themed rewards for it.

As much as I liked SWG when it got started, the state of the game right now is depressing, and ranks definitely as the very worst gaming experience I've had the misfortune to experience in my life. Many long-time staffers keep leaving/quitting the game and it increasingly seems like it's just a matter of time till they pull the plug. Why else would they make absolutely no plans for any expansions, not even something special to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars A New Hope?

So it's pretty dreadful right now and it just keeps getting worse with each publish.
  4. Eewoco Jedi Knight

star 1
    /yawn
    Who's forcing you to play a game you don't like anymore? Just because you don't like the new Beast Mastery system doens't mean it's stupid and it is new so I'm glad it's not like the old system. As for the npcs being harder that is definitely a positive because the elites in the game right now are soloable which doesn't require much teamwork. I'm not sure on the loot, but even if it's not there right now it'll come into play again. I'm personally looking forward to questing with my guild and not having an easy 10 minute run or whatever on HK. As for those staffers that have been let go all I have to say is good riddance. Helios for example thought making creatures harder was adding in additional health, but now we are going to have NPCs that debuff, use specials, etc. As for your last statement I've been seeing a growing population again which leads me to believe that the changes have been more to the positive.
  5. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I played for a year straight from launch to the summer of 2004. Then I quit and played a few more times over the course of the years but now I'm considering coming back. I haven't been back since June of last year, before they implemented the Jedi expertise system. I was a level 88 or 89 when I left. Can anyone tell me what to expect when I go back in regards to the role of Jedi?
  6. Eewoco Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is a good link to play with expertise and I think they have descriptions of the powers also.

http://www.golegend.com/swg/expertise/

7. Tyrant_Windu Jedi Knight

What up guys?Anything new for Jedi update and GCW as it late meaning around 6 plus months because i havent been playing SWG just got tired grinding of tho GCW point for that Windu crystal and plus i got a job now so...Just wondering..
  8. Tyrant_Windu Jedi Knight

9. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    It looks like LOTR Online is out. Is there a thread for that game? I am curious to hear how it plays.
  10. LordKermit Jedi Knight

star 1
    starwars galaxies sucks, i played since day 2 quit, played again, quit when nge hit came back for 1 month recently and quit again- combat is so weak and it is a complete waste of 15 dollars, oh and i hate the cookie cutter professions and lack of combat the most- roleplaying is all I did in my Jedi guild and i could not handle the lack of diversity
  11. lowbacca_solo_choice Jedi Youngling

star 1
  12. LordKermit Jedi Knight

star 1
    have u been playing since launch? i mean swg is now like every other rpg with its boring combat and lack of diversity, it use to have so much diversity-32 professions now it only has 9 i think
  13. Jedi_Jaden_Corr Jedi Padawan

I've played SWG for a little over a year now, (Christmas of 05, to a few weeks ago.) Since I wasn't around for the Pre-NGE, I'll only say that it sounds a lot more complicated and interesting than the NGE. That being said, I recieved SWG as a gift, because of my well known love of Star Wars. I thought I would enter an immersive, detailed world, with thousands of like minded players and iconic encounters. Instead I found a galaxy (server) full of regular to annoying mmo players, boring grinds, and way more lightsabers than should be present in any Star Wars game. Since then the game has had plenty of publishes, however less than a hand full were beneficial. But maybe the problem was with me; maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind, maybe I was expecting too much, maybe I just chose the wrong profession (Smuggler,) who knows? But maybe SOE shouldn't have been allowed to mess with Star Wars, maybe another company would have made a better game, and who knows, maybe it will get better? All I know is I won't be arround to find out. I gave it a shot, more than some people, but the game in my oppinion has just become exponentially worse. So if you are thinking of returning to the Galaxies or are thinking about starting, I strongly encourage you not to. And if you are currently playing, well, if it ever comes to pass, I'll see you on the KOTOR MMO, if not, good by and good luck
  14. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    Well I had been keeping my account active just to talk to one of my friends in the game, but the BM expertise has me hooked.

I was looking forward to the crafter revamp, and I don't know what I was expecting, I just know I didn't get it. I almost quit there, but I'm actually really enjoying making enzymes and such.
  15. Darklord07 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, right now I'm rather bored with the quests I'm on so I'm taking a break from them. Unfortunately it's been a while since I really last played, and in '05 I remember there being so many people on my server that I would run into about 20 other players on the same quest that I was on and now there are barely any. There's also a website that's advertising out loud on Tatooine, and he's really annoying... I'm just hoping more people join my server so it's not so boring at times.
  16. Jek_Windu Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I just downloaded the trial a few days ago, to give things another chance. So far, I'm liking it enough to pay. I've played the game three times- pre-CU, pre-NGE, and now. Much has changed, but I'd say that the core of what made the game fun is still there, if you're willing to look and move on. I can definitely see why so many have left, but I'll stick with her a while yet- at least, until the KOTOR MMO comes out.
  17. Jimbob12 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was a jedi, but my family hounded me for being on it too much... so I quit. I was a dang good pilot. It was fun.
  18. Dark_Lord_ofthe_Sith Force Ghost

star 2
    I've been playing since launch, with a couple of breaks in-between. I activated my account a couple of days ago. I still like the game even though I think it wasnt as good as it used to be.
  19. Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Could someone get a pic of the Kusak for me? I don't have the game but I do have The Art of Star Wars Galaxies. It has cool concepts but I want to know if some things made it into the game.
    If anyone has any pics I'd really like to see them.
    Thanks,
    JNiebs-
  20. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Odd question but uhhhh....

Should I pick up Galaxies as a Star Wars fan? I'm unfamiliar with the game but the barest details and I'd appreciate someone selling me on it who enjoys it.

What are the upsides?
  21. DarthSlapnutz Jedi Youngling

As a Star Wars fan, I think you would enjoy this for a little bit. I've been around since about 2 months after they released the game (would have been there for Beta, but I was in basic training/tech school). I've seen many changes to this game. There are a lot of whiners who wish the game would be the same game they started playing back then. To some point, I can see what they are saying, but at the same time, the current version of the game we have can be pretty fun. For new players, its easy to get into and learn. I'm not sure how much experience you have with MMO's but I feel its easy to learn. I think there are a lot of interesting storylines in the universe, as well as many boring ones. Its really all a matter of what your tastes are. I don't ever plan to quit this game. I believe the Dev team is trying hard to make this game fun for everyone (old players and new).

Try out the trial version of the game. I'm not sure how far you can go in it, but try to talk to some people in the game and get in a group. Make some friends. I made friends on this game that I still keep in touch with even though most of them have left the game. I'd say, give it a shot. If you like it, great. If not, you easily cancel your account. Good luck in your gaming experience!
  22. Tyrant_Windu Jedi Knight

Did SOE updated Jedi Robes because i look in photobucket.com and i seen the latest Star Wars game with new texture Elder Robes,just wondering if they did that or not?
  23. Ogmios22188 Jedi Master

star 4
    I really can't help but feel that, as a Star Wars fan, it's incredibly stupid that Jedi should be a starting profession in a game that takes place between Episodes IV and V. Order 66 IMO.
  24. LordKermit Jedi Knight

star 1
    well thats why this game sucks- everytime someone brings it up- this game was awesome pre-cu doable pre-nge and terrible NGE
  25. DemonJedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Want to play SWG the way it was from launch? Well some friends of mine have the SWG EMU which means they are releasing the game FOR FREE as long as you have A copy of the original game. The game will be released in October ,they have changed the way to become a jedi, and added other character classes you can unlock. 8000 people have signed up at the message board. There will be added content. All added content will be voted on by everyone. my email is aamienshawn400@aol.com I dont have the link for the boards as Macabre is afk at the moment ill get you the link asap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.