main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxies: General Chat, Discussion, Information plus Q&A's

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Insane Anakin, Jun 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Isn't that illegal?

2. LordKermit

LordKermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2006
    prob but there is difference

3. Nieber-Gon-Jinn

Nieber-Gon-Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2006
    Could someone get a pic of the Kusak for me? I don't have the game but I do have The Art of Star Wars Galaxies. It has cool concepts but I want to know if some things made it into the game.
    If anyone has any pics I'd really like to see them.
    Thanks,
    JN

4. LordKermit

LordKermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2006
    if anyone plays is it true the village was opened again

5. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Yup, it's back.

6. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    ...the Village is back... but *very different. It's not the hub for the pre-quests for the Heroic Instances...

7. Process

Process Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2008
    Is there anywhere I can get a free trial for this game?

I do not feel like paying the hefty members fee right now, but I already have the discs for all the games.

8. Darth_Windu06

Darth_Windu06 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2006
  9. DarthFenrir

DarthFenrir Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2008
    I played Galaxies for awile, I left around Jan of 07. Has it improved any since then? Is it worth going back to?

10. Blackfryar

Blackfryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    "Star Wars Galaxies is doing great"
    (Blizzard Official)

11. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
  12. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    Hey guys, Im pretty new to Galaxies. I have been using a free trial, but that expired a few days ago.

I am having trouble subscribing, and hope someone will be able to help me. On the page where you have to select a security question, it doesnt give me any questions to choose from. Any help with this will be greatly apreachiated, thanks.

13. Eewoco

Eewoco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2007
    Can't remember what all they've added since 07, but pretty sure the collection system, instances and the tcg are new to name some things.

14. JPorkins

JPorkins Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    I can't find where you download it.

15. Skull_of_the_Rancor

Skull_of_the_Rancor Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2008
    I've never played Galaxies before in my life. I JUST ordered it on Amazon and it's on the way. I got the complete online adventures box set. Do I need to start from the beginning? I'd really like to play the one that everyone else is playing now. I only got the set because I'd rather have all of them. I know alot about the game, I've done my homework. I even know all about the "Combat upgrade" incident. Any tips for getting started as a first time SW Galaxies gamer?

(I know, what rock have I been living under, right? I've never been much of a PC gamer, only PS2, N64 etc. The first game I ever played online was Halo 2.)

16. Eewoco

Eewoco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2007
    Every new player starts in the tutorial space station I believe. Only other players that are going to be up there are other new players. Once you finish that or do all you want to do up there ie quests and leveling, you will go down to Mos Eisley and from there the galaxy is open to you. The set you bought should give you access to everything in game with space, kash and mustafar I believe and you'll be able to go there anytime you want but not recommended for low level players. My only tips really are to do the legacy quests since they can get you halfway done with leveling, be friendly to people you meet and don't be afraid to ask for help or ask questions, and really check the sony galaxies forums since I believe they have playing guides and profession guides. Really this game is what you make of it because if you are into roleplaying you can, if you like to fight others you can, if you just want to you can hang out and chat with people, if you like to collect stuff and decorate houses you can, etc. Good luck and hope you have fun.

17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I believe it's launchpadenhanced.com or something like that. It's still in beta and the devs are working on getting everything up and running, but it's heaps better than what the game has de-evolved into now as you have all 30 odd professions instead of the 9 or so that they have now.

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Why is it stupid? There were plenty of Jedi hiding out all around the galaxy at this time.

19. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    My copy of Galaxies has been dowloading for like 6 hours now. How long did it take for you guys?

20. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    There were I think, 7 Jedi who survived Order 66. Maybe 8. Of those, only two lived long enough to join/aid Luke's Order. They should've kept Jedi as an Alpha class that you had to work your ass off to earn.

21. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
  22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Around 200, actually. But most of them died in the first year of the Great Jedi Purge.

23. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I like how the "Galactic Civil War Enhancements" they were talking about before I left(as soon as N00b Gaming Experience came out) are still in production. STILL.

I miss my Teras Kasi Commando :(

Edit: I should've clicked that link first, TFN front page has a diff. announcment about what they are working on and the closing.

24. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Closing half your servers is a pretty big deal. I'll be very surprised if this game survives TOR.

25. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Goodbye Wanderhome. You were an excellent TFN server back in the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.