main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Galaxies LAN party???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vitrious

Darth_Vitrious Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    July 11th works great. I am there for the big Galaxy party. Maybe by then my Architech will be able to build a guild hall and we can sellect a location for it! I will also try to craft enough deeds for everyone a house by the guild! Can't wait.

2. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    do you guys still play JK2? I havn't even played since the last LAN party!

JK3 screens look cool. But the game doesn't look all that different, just add-ons, looks like it will be out soon, maybe next LAN party will be JK3 and Galaxies!!!!

3. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    yay!!!! :D :D :D

Jonny, when you want to pick up the disc of maps, skins...etc....????

zoooooom

4. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    What are the suggested hours for the LAN party.. I would be very interested...but I work til 7PM Fridays..and back to work on Saturdays. Now of course I am off Sunday/Monday So if any future Lan parties happen to be Saturday Night..I am there.. :)

5. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    that's good to know...

but usuall hours are from 8:30pm to 4:00am the next day. Next time we could very well have it on a Saturday.

I called you at work Galaxy but you didn't call me back f00! I can get the CD from you on my lunch break Monday or Tuesday.

6. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Minor Problem...

The Marlock system is down at Architecture!

what that means: I can't get into the building after hours anymore untill it's fixed. Marlock is a card key company.

Soulution: I can get in the building before it closes (5:00pm) and then stay to let anyone in, but then I would like to move the time up a bit so I don't have to wait around untill 8:30pm. Allthough I can probably play Galaxies untill then...

Alternate Solution: I can put a piece of paper in the lock when the door shuts to prevent it from actually locking but I'm not sure if it will stay there. If someone walks around the building checking doors they will remove it for sure.

So I just want everyone coming to be aware of this minor problem.

7. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I wouldn't mind if the time was pushed up a bit, in fact lets all take a day off and go for it...well maybe not stupid job....stupid bills. Oh well.

8. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well..I will be off by 4 that day,..with plans to make it, so the earlier the better....even though I am not sure where "here" is. (like most things in Vegas still)
    Any directions...really good ones..would be great. :)

I am sure I overlooked it..(lazy I know)

but what all shall we bring
    ....have we decided on PIZZA or something else..dont care to much..(bringing money for something...)..all I need is lots of DEW (does this place have a fridge or should we pack ICE or if you know...does the vending machine stock COLD DEW??) and something to nibble on...

Whats the latest head count... just curious.

9. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    well I know that me Inean and Galaxies419 will be there..... I would rather have the plan I PMed you about Jonny, but I guess this will have to do... we will be there once we get off of work so it'll be around 530 ish to my knowledge.... Im down for bringing money and buying pizza....

10. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    We usually don't decide on pizza untill we are all there. We'll just order from dominos which is just across the street. There is no Refrigerator and the vending machine is almost always empty, so we could have some one bring a cooler. I would except I don't own one. If someone would like to voulenteer on bringing the cooler that would be great.

Directions?
    Well It's on the UNLV campus. right on the corner of Maryland Parkway and Tropicana. if you don't know how to get there then I can give you the address.

Paul B. Sogg School of Architecture
    4505 South Maryland Parkway
    Las Vegas NV, 89154

Use Mapquest.com

11. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Well glad I asked about the beverages... I will have plenty of DEW and if no one has a cooler....I can pickup a nice quality styrofoam one from a quicky-mart. Oh..and if you still have sets of headphones...I could use a pair...

I will be off at 4..so I would expect to see me around 5:30-6pm...

OH...last question...I am no techie...but how will Galaxies work for us at the Lab.. I mean..sure you can load all the PCs with the one set of disks...but that set has a key....wont it show that key in use already..

Just a question... I know our character info is saved server side so..logging in wont be an issue..

12. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    It won't be a problem because your cd key is bound to your account info. So all you have to do is sit down and log in with your station name and password. The only thing you won't have is your custom user interface tweaks. But you can set that up in a couple of seconds. Ie: macros, chat colors, UI colors...etc...

The software is all the same. I could even play my character on your computer. And if I had your name and password I could play your character on my computer. That's why you don't want to give that stuff out. The only think the cd key is used for, is to register an account. After that it's useless.

hope that clears things up...

13. Gambler

Jun 14, 2002
    Cool...I figured you knew about all this stuff...so I wasnt worried...but thought I would ask. This is going to be a great night of fun....hope everyone can come out.

What are the suggested hours...6pm or so...to ??? I plan to be there...as long as possible, but work requires me to show up awake on Saturday..hehe

14. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    hours vary...

15. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    i am freaking addicted ro RISK right now, so I am bringing that game with me, if anyone wants to play I'll be open for that, you can play it networked. its SO FUN AND ADDICTING TO TRY AND TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!

So while you all are trying to take over the galaxy I will just be stuck on earth... but it will be my earth.... YES!

16. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I fogot got to add my personal info..

Cell #: 279-3751

incase you need directions or can't get in

17. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Is today going really slow for anyone else? I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to being there tonight. Whats the earliest we can get there Johnny? I WANT TO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    What time is it starting? I might join to play a little JKII tonight (although I won't be able to actually make the LAN party, living 5 hours away and all).

19. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey if you leave now you can make it, why not?

20. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    well, I have this little problem called "work."

21. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, work sucks when it interferes with gaming.

22. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    another complication...

I hope someone is reading this post now

Well It's 2:00pm and I'm sitting here ghosting the lab.

I'll be here untill 3:50 then I have to be in a meeting on the other side of campus at 4:00pm!!! that means that I may not be able to make it back in the architecture building before 5:00pm so if anyone wants to come now and start playing Galaxies or whatever untill I get back from the meeting then call me now at 279-3751 or on my office phone 895-1906 NOW!!!!

edit: if no one is inside the building before 5:00pm then everyone will be locked out! someone please HELP!

23. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    /enddrama

...ok thank you C for saving all our lives, C Voulenteered to come down and let people in!

Thanks everyone who responded quickley!

24. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    C IS OUR HERO!!!!!!!!!!

YAY FOR C!!!!!!!!!!

WE LOVE C!!!!!!!!!!

25. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Thanks, to all those who came!

It was another great time!!!