main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxies Name & Character creation discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by plokoon480, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I am planning to get Galaxies soon,but I can't think of a name.Can anyone help me out by thinking of a name for a human male?

2. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Hairy Palms
    Ben Dover
    Seymore Butts
    Ivana Mann
    Buck Naked
    Amanda Hugankiss
    Hugh Jass
    Al Coholic
    Lee King
    Craven Moorhead
    Phil McCrackin
    Justin Time
    Oliver Clothesoff
    Jo King

By the way you should post this in the galaxies thread.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You know what? It's getting close to release, and this topic - Character creation, class, naming etc could probably do with its own thread.

And now we have one. :D

And here's a resource for those with no imagination ;)

google.com/search?q=star+wars+name+generator

4. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    I have my Galaxies name picked out... But I'm not liking the unique first name thing... The logical thing would be to make a complete name (one word-only names included) unique. But having the unique first name thing is not logical. It's not even difficult to do, programming-wise. I really don't get it. =\

Oh well... if I don't get the first name I want (Lara), I'll just take Silvara or something. :)

Btw, this is kinda off topic, but related to the names thing... anybody here intending to play as someone else's family member? (and share the last name). I'm thinking of doing it with a couple of friends of mine. ^^;

5. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    You forgot Haywood Jablome.

I'd bet they have a name generator in SWG anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm not sure on my name yet. Maybe the phonetic version on OnlyOneCanoli.

I intend to pick a human female for my race.

1.) Desperate, horny teenagers would probably like to become "friendly" with me. It would be funny as hell to see their reactions to me if I role play as a woman. And of course, I'm planning on doing what any typical girl would do: use them for their money, equipment, and gain influence. ;)

2.) If I'm going to spending hours looking at the backside of my avatar, why not have it be a human female?

6. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanx for all your help guys.

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    That's my theory too, Dan (if I even play).

The only downside is that you'll draw unwanted attention from hormonally charged geeks, which may be annoying when you're trying to sneak around or are on a mission.

8. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Dan, I look at you in a new light, and it's rather dodgy.

Didn't you want an exotic club on Tatooine JP? Dan could work for ya.

DIRTY OLD MEN, YOU TWO ARE, CHATTING UP YOUNG BOYS.

tisk tisk.

[face_laugh]

:p

9. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    You know, I've met women who play male characters simply to get away from all the harrassment that comes with using a female avatar. Never underestimate lonely Internet geeks.

10. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Same here, Nai. AA, a guy that used to post here, tried role-playing as a woman in DAoC and actually got some guy to give him 50GP in the first hour of playing. Simply amazing, as that's quite an abundance of money for a low-level character. I tried the same with some decent results, but not as crazy as that.

Me and jp should start a brothel.

11. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    It's good to be a female sometimes. [face_devil]

But, yes... a lot of guys harrassing... o_O; Thanks goodness that if I play I'll have a group of trusted friends (mostly male) with me. Hopefully it will reduce my being harrased probablility.
    Still... the blood-red hair I intend to have might bring a little too much attention. *twitch*

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > Me and jp should start a brothel.

In the game, right?

Uhh, yeah... so actually I was thinking of becoming an exotic female dancer in my own bar, way back when (it's all documented in the main Galaxies thread, I'll see if I can dig up the post). Hire some female Twi'leks too, in fact the more races the better.

Heh.

The devs have mo-captured a bunch of dance moves, as detailed in one of the old articles on the starwarsgalaxies.com site.

And while this thread seems to be getting off topic, it's fine for discussion all aspects of your character, including skills and professions. :)

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    If I get the game I'm going to start of as a Commando/Slicer, then once the expansion comes out, I'm going to be the best pilot evar!

And if you do build the brothel, get in some kind of "brothel war" so I can have an excuse to blow up your enemies or something.

Explosions=fun.

14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    LIEK A DEWBACK FARMAR ADN...

I'll stop there. :p

I'd love to have this game. I'd also love to not be studying. Love to have a good gaming rig and good net connection.

/\ all of the above and I'd be really keen for Galaxies, the monthly fee isn't too bad for the experiences experienced in-game. :)

Aragorn blow up your enemies or something.

You and pat could start a pyro business. :p

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I say: If you're wanting to stay away from the over hormonal Geeks in Galaxies... stay away from JP and Dan's Exotic Dancers and brothel.

With dancers and waitresses like this: [image=http://index.echostation.com/gbabe.jpg] it will be a place not to visit

:p ;)

17. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I've got a bad feeling about this.

It's a little disturbing when you consider more than half of the female characters in MMORPGs are actually men...

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL. It's not called "role playing" for nothing.

If I wanted to be a white, adult, male human - well, I can do that in real life, and for free.

:p

19. Bladecarver

Bladecarver Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2002
    I'm going to be Revrac Edalb, Male Wookie Bounty Hunter. My friends and I are going to form our own BH guild.

20. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I'm gonna be a male Twi'lek, probably. I do have two female avatars on another MMORPG (even though you can only actually see them 10% of the time, as you're in a starship for most of the game) and I have used them to do some things I couldn't do with a male avatar.

Dunno what my name will be, I usually make them up when I start playing. Although I do have some favorites that I've used more than once, such as Darp and Keyan.

21. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I've been thinking of getting this game. If I do I'm going to be a human male and eventually become a pilot, not exactly sure what I'm going to be at first though.

22. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I'll probably play a Wookiee, since it gives me an excuse to be asocial. 8-}

For a name, I'm considering Honmyou Nashi. If you don't know Japanese, you probably won't get the joke. Not exactly a Wookiee name, though, so maybe not.

23. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    Pardon the question but, what is galaxies?

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  25. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Heh... a massively multiplayer online RPG based in the SW galaxy. Instead of trying to explain it to you myself, check out the official site, the FAQ, and our thread.

Edit: My post was better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.