main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Galaxies of Pain and Loneliness (sequel to Missing and To Love a Bounty Hunter) A/T *Completed 3/4*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Sorry I missed so many posts...

Love the joking and banter...

Who the heck just stole Nicci????

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Jaina-Solo-1: [face_devil] More will be up either Monday or Tuesday.

Jes: Sorry I missed so many posts...

It's okay :)

Love the joking and banter...

Thanks!!! :D

Who the heck just stole Nicci????

You'll see [face_devil]

I think we're near the end of the story . . .

3. Starlan

Starlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2004
    Uh-oh! It's a cliffie! :eek:
    A very good one :D , but now I wanna know who that dude is. :confused:

*glares at evil "master"* How dare you sic someone on Nicci. *shakes finger at him* That's not very nice. :mad: :D

Great work, Nat !

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!! :D Lol who do you THINK her master is? [face_devil]

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

On Anakin?s last morning on Corellia, he decided to wake Jacen and Anni up early. He knew that they were both in Jacen?s room, but was also pretty confident that nothing had happened between them. Anni had been pretty tired when they?d gotten back from the amusement park.

He pounded on the door. ?Jacen! Get up! I?m hungry!?

Anakin heard Jacen groan. ?Anakin! That?s not funny!?

Anakin laughed. ?Don?t forget?pancakes, no waffles.? He went back downstairs.

Anakin smiled at Anni and his brother as they walked down the stairs, but the smile disappeared when he realized that all was not well between them. What happened now?

I have no idea. She just got really sad, then said that she didn?t want to talk about it. You find out, oh perceptive one.

With women, it?s hard to tell sometimes. You?re lucky that you don?t have to deal with Tahiri . . .

Anakin, a little help?

Okay, here?s what I think?talk to her, find out what?s wrong, and TELL HER YOU LOVE HER!!!

You don?t have to yell.

Yes I do, because you?re not getting it. You?re dating Tenel Ka, you?re kissing Anni behind her back, Anni tells you that she loves you, you don?t say it to her but you keep kissing her and don?t break up with Tenel Ka. I?d be upset, too. You?re breaking her heart, Jacen.

Jacen started to make pancakes, but his lips pressed together in a tight line, and Anni figured that he was talking to Anakin through the Force. ?Actually, I think I?m going to get dressed while Jacen?s making breakfast, and you two can have some time alone.? She stood up and left.

Jacen sighed. ?You really think that?s it??

?I really do. Jace, I?m not saying take it from someone who knows, because I?ve never done this before, but take it from someone who can tell. Also, figure it out before you get to Hapes because it?ll interfere with what you?re doing. Also, Jacen, Tenel Ka was pretty jealous of Anni. Have you, by any chance, told her that the reason Anni was hanging onto you like you were the last hope in the galaxy a couple nights ago was because you scared her??

Jacen blushed. ?Actually, I didn?t have time. Our conversation pretty much consisted of me asking to come to Hapes to use some equipment, and her agreeing, and then we said goodbye.?

?Well, you might want to tell her. You also might not want to tell her about every single kiss you gave Anni, though to be perfectly honest, she does deserve to know.?

?Are you going to tell her if I don?t??

?No, it?s not for me to do. Besides, just between you and me, I like Anni better. None of the solemn warrior stuff. But I seriously think you need to do something, because you can?t date them both, but you are hurting them both.?

Jacen sighed. ?I know. I really do. But how??

Anakin leaned back in his chair. ?That, my friend, is something you?re going to have to figure out on your own.?

Tahiri ran into Master Skywalker?s office without knocking. Luke looked up. ?Tahiri? Is something wrong?? he asked, concerned.

?Nicci is missing.?

Luke shot to his feet. ?What? How did you know??

?Anakin asked me to keep an eye on her while he was gone. I felt her presence in the Force suddenly cut off, but I don?t think she?s dead. I went to the spot I felt her last, but there was no sign of her?nothing except a basket of food and a shirt.?

Luke frowned. ?Where was she??

?A little grove in the forest. Anakin showed it to her?and me.?

Luke nodded. He remembered Jacen and Anakin saying something about it once. ?We?d better get a message to Anakin. She?s his apprentice, and he deserves to know that she?s gone.?

Anakin said his goodbyes to Jacen, Jag, and Anni before going to the spaceport. He was lost in thought as he walked over to his x-wing. ?Hey, Fiver,? he said distractedly to his astromech droid.

Fiver started bleeping at him. Anakin looked at the translation scrolling across the screen. ?I have a message from Tahiri? Is it important??

//It was marked ?urgent?.//

Anakin acces

6. Starlan

Dec 23, 2004
    Great job!
    Um, who do I think the master is? Not sure. Someone who is Exar-Kunish

7. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    I love how the tables have turned...Jacen was giving Anakin advice on women and now it's the other way around.

*is QUITE confused about Nicci*

Nice update though!

Jes

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Starlan: Thanks!!! :D

I think I said who it was a while back . . .

Jes: Thanks!!! :D Nicci is a bit of a confusing person.

9. Starlan

Dec 23, 2004
    Nat I think I said who it was a while back . . . Really? [face_sheepish] I'll have to go back and look, but for now, good night.

Edit: Finally went back to look. *smacks head* Yep, it's on page 4. Now that I've read that again, I remember reading it the first time. All these stories I've been reading seem to have tried to muddle together.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah. 4th page, maybe.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

Tahiri met Anakin at the landing platform. ?Anakin??

?I know, I got your message. Where was she?? he asked, jumping out of his x-wing.

?At your grove.?

?So no one was near enough to hear her scream.? Anakin cursed silently. He was so stupid! ?Who would want to kidnap her??

?We don?t know.? Anakin?s uncle came up behind her. ?No one has landed in-system for a couple weeks besides you, and all of the Jedi were at the academy.?

Anakin sighed and ran his hand through his hair. ?Then where could she be??

?Our next step is to try all of the temples,? the Jedi Master replied.

?Then I?m going to.? Anakin turned and started to run into the forest.

?Anakin, wait up!?

Anakin skidded to a stop. ?Tahiri, stay here. It?ll be safer.?

?No, two of us are safer together. All we know is that Nicci?s in danger, and you?re not going in there alone.?

Anakin met her eyes and held them for a minute before nodding. Holding hands, they ran off into the forest.

They had completely searched two of the ancient Massassi temples when the sun started to set. ?Anakin, we need to head back. We shouldn?t be out here in the dark.?

Anakin shook his head stubbornly. ?She?s around here somewhere, and I?m not giving up.?

Tahiri sighed. ?Then I?m coming with you. But we should have thought to bring a glow rod.?

They nearly ran into the ruins of a Massassi temple. ?I?ve never been her before,? Tahiri said, shivering slightly, but not because of the cold.

?I haven?t either, but . . . I know what this is. Exar Kun, the Sith Lord who enslaved the Massassi people, used this as his stronghold. A Jedi and pilot named Corran Horn destroyed it over twenty years ago.?

?But not well enough,? Tahiri said softly.

Anakin privately agreed with her. They could both feel waves of the Dark Side pulsing from the ruins. He put an arm around Tahiri and hugged her briefly. She returned the caress through the Force.

?She?s in there,? Anakin said.

Tahiri nodded. ?It makes sense. But who would take her in there? Exar Kun??

Anakin shook his head. ?No, his spirit was destroyed. But there may be another dark presence in there.?

Tahiri took a deep breath and let it out slowly. ?Lead the way.?

They searched the temple until they found a tunnel into it that they could fit into. It took them nearly half an hour to find the center of the temple.

?Anakin!?

Anakin and Tahiri saw Nicci chained to a column. Anakin rushed over. ?Nicci!?

?Not so fast, little Jedi.?

Anakin tried to go to Nicci, but an invisible presence stopped him. ?Who are you? What are you??

?Ah, Nicci, I see that you didn?t tell him.? The room was suddenly filled with light. Anakin and Tahiri blinked and held their hands up to shield their eyes. ?I am Naga Sadow.?

A heavy wind filled the chamber. Tahiri and Anakin were thrown back against a wall. ?Nicci? What?s going on?? Anakin asked when he could get a breath out.

?I?m so sorry!? the teenager sobbed.

Tahiri took a good look at her. Her robes were ripped, and her hair was a mess. She didn?t look like the composed young woman Tahiri was used to.

?Sorry, are you?? Naga Sadow?s spirit asked. ?Sorry? You should be!? His presence seemed to fill the chamber.

?Nicci?? Anakin cried, before Sadow forced the breath out of him.

?Do you want to tell him, Nicci? Do you want to tell him how you deceived him? Lied to him? You serve me, Nicci. You must not be allowed to forget that.?

Anakin?s eye filled with horror as the implications sunk in. ?You lied to me. I trusted you, and you lied to me.?

Tahiri saw his shields closing up around him. Oh, Nicci, why?

?Anakin! I didn?t mean to! Oh, I?m so sorry, Anakin!?

Tahiri felt her heart start to harden when she saw Anakin?s pain, but some part of her went out to Nicci. But the girl had lied, and was probably a Dark Jedi.

?You didn?t mean to, Nicci?? Naga Sadow laughed. ?I am the only thing you have left! Who found you wandering around Ord Mantel,

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    The next post will be up tomorrow :)

13. Starlan

Dec 23, 2004
    *wanders in a day late again*
    Fabulous post, Nat ! :D

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!! :D

15. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Yay! Anakin, Tahiri and Nicci defeated Naga Sadow.

Party: [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Lol, J/k

Great post, along with the others i missed. Loved all of them, along with the seried of Fics, but I guess, like all good things, it must soon come to an end. :(

16. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Good girl, Nicci!!

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!! :D Yes, unfortunately, this story is drawing to its conclusion :(

Jes: :D

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

When Nicci came to, she realized that she was in the med bay at the Academy. How did I get here?

?Oh good, you?re awake.?

Nicci turned her head and saw that Tahiri was sitting on the edge of the bed. ?What happened??

?You ran Naga Sadow through with Anakin?s lightsaber. By the time Anakin and I were able to get over to you, you were unconscious.?

?Oh.? Nicci remembered what she had done to Anakin. She gasped. ?Oh, Tahiri??

?Shush, Nicci. It?s okay.?

?Anakin??

?Isn?t mad at you,? Tahiri assured her. ?He?s upset that you lied to him, but he doesn?t blame you.?

?He should,? Nicci said softly. ?I was going to kill him.?

?You were in the thrall of an ancient Sith Lord. There was nothing you could have done.?

?No one?s ever going to trust me again,? Nicci sobbed, tears running down her face.

?I trust you,? Tahiri countered, ?and I think that Anakin does, or he will.? She patted Nicci?s hand. ?Just give it time, sweetie.?

Eventually, Nicci fell back asleep. The next time she woke up, Tahiri was gone, but Anakin was sitting in a chair by her bed. He was asleep.

?Anakin??

Anakin came to with a start. He relaxed when he saw who it was. ?Hello, Nicci.? His voice was kind, but it didn?t have the same warmth and companionship that had been there before.

She started sobbing. ?Oh, Anakin, I?m so sorry!?

Anakin sat down next to her on the bed and hugged her. She leaned gratefully into his embrace, knowing that she didn?t deserve it at all.

?Nicci,? he said when she had finished crying, ?I told you I wasn?t going to pry into your background, but I think I deserve to know now.?

Nicci nodded. ?Like Naga Sadow said, I was an orphan on Ord Mandell. He found me there and trained me in the arts of the Dark Side. Then he told me to sign up at the Academy. He wanted to wipe out all of the Jedi.? She shivered from fear. ?Is he still alive, or whatever he was??

Anakin shook his head. ?With your refusal to serve him and the lightsaber that you put through him, he was . . . I guess killed is the closest word, but that?s not entirely accurate. But he?s gone, and he can?t come back.?

Nicci sighed in relief and met Anakin?s eyes. ?So now what??

?What do you mean??

?Where do I stand with you??

Anakin sat deep in thought for a moment before answering slowly, ?I?m not sure. I?m not as willing to trust you as I was before, but I will be when you earn that trust. Can you??

?If you give me a chance to,? she replied.

Anakin nodded. ?Then we?ll take it from there. As soon as you?re healed, we can resume your training.?

Anakin sat with Nicci for a while, just holding her hand, until Tahiri came in. ?I?m sorry to interrupt, but you have a call, Anakin.?

Anakin took the comlink she handed him. ?Solo here.?

?Anakin, its Jacen.?

Anakin smiled, and Tahiri and Nicci both noticed how nice he looked when he smiled. ?Hey, Jace. How?d it go on Hapes??

?Horribly. Anni?s been kidnapped.?

Anakin?s face lost its smile. ?What? Are you sure? Who did it??

?Oh, I?m sure,? his older brother replied grimly. ?I think it was her father and stepmother?the two people I freaked her out with when you were here.?

Anakin cursed under his breath. ?Do you know where she?s being held??

?I?m pretty sure, but I?ll need backup to get in.?

Anakin met Tahiri?s gaze. ?Nicci and I will be fine, if you need to go,? she said softly. Anakin remembered what had happened last time, but Nicci gave him a reassuring smile.

?Okay, I?ll be there as soon as I can.?

?Thanks, Anakin. And hurry!?

Anakin regarded the two women after Jacen cut the connection. ?Nicci, promise you?ll behave for Tahiri??

Nicci nodded. ?I promise.?

Anakin sighed in relief. ?I guess I?d better get ready to go.?

19. Starlan

Dec 23, 2004
    Anakin to the rescue! Poor Nicci. :( Naga Sadow gone! [face_dancing] Wait a minute, he is really, really gone, right? No trickiness, come back from the almost dead, stuff. Right?
    And I'll stop rambling now, and go drink my cherry coke. Before I sound like I'm completely crazy.

20. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Boy...Anakin's just running all over the place.

I feel bad for poor Nicci. But I'm glad Anakin hasn't withdrawn back into himself. :)

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Starlan: Yes, he's really gone :)

Jes: Boy...Anakin's just running all over the place.

Lol yeah :)

But I'm glad Anakin hasn't withdrawn back into himself.

No, he's back to normal :)

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002

Anakin gripped his blaster tightly. Jag Fel had met him at the spaceport and briefed him. ?Jacen?s waiting for us,? he finished.

Two hours later, the three men quietly dispatched the guards around Richard Capstan?s estate. Jacen concentrated on the Force, trying to find Anni. He shook his head. ?I can?t find her.?

?Let?s split up,? Anakin suggested. ?Jag and I will go right and you go left.?

Jacen nodded and went off in search of Anni. Jag and Anakin started to turn the other way when they ran into a group of guards. ?Halt!? the leader commanded. ?You?re trespassing!?

Anakin and Jag started firing their blasters. Blue stun bolts were fired in rapid succession. After a couple minutes, the guards, who had been taken by surprise, were all unconscious.

Jag tugged on Anakin?s arm. ?Hurry, we need to find Jacen. They?ll send backup soon.?

Anakin nodded and followed him back the way they?d come.

Jag and Anakin went charging down the hallway at top speed, trying to get ahead of any guards that could be sent after them.

They stopped by Anni, Jacen, and Jake. ?Oh Force, they?re cuddling again. Do we have to sing ?99 Bottles of Lomin Ale on the Wall??? Anakin groaned.

?Anakin! Jag!? Anni said happily.

?Hello,? Jag said, giving her a kiss on the cheek before hugging Jake. Anakin gave her a hug.

?What are you doing here?? she asked.

?Well, Jacen said that you?d been kidnapped, so we came along as backup. But don?t think that I?m not being paid for it. Jacen promised pancakes,? Anakin teased.

?But no waffles,? Anni said, laughing.

?Now you?ve got it,? Anakin said with a grin.

?We?d better get going,? Jag said. ?Those guards are stunned, but there may be others.?

The five of them ran down the hall.

Anakin sat in a chair at the police station, staring up at the ceiling. Anni?s father and stepmother had been arrested, but they all had to stay there until they had been checked.

Jacen, who had broken it off with Tenel Ka, and Anni were cuddling on a couch. Anakin met Jag?s eyes and gave him an exasperated look, nodding toward his brother. Jag just shook his head.

One of the security men came in. ?Okay, we?ve checked you all out, and you?re free to go.? Jag, Anakin, and Anni?s brother Jake rushed out of there like they were on fire.

?That was truly horrible to watch,? Jake commented once they were out of hearing range.

Anakin nodded. ?I know how you feel.?

Jag checked his chrono. ?I need to be getting back home. I left the kids with a babysitter.?

?So what happened to your wife?? Anakin asked.

Jag sighed. ?The kids caught her cheating on me and told.? He ran his hand through his hair. ?And the babysitter . . .?

?Is she hot?? Jake asked bluntly.

Jag grinned. ?That?s one way of putting it.? He sighed. ?But she seems familiar. Like I?ve met her before, a long time ago.?

Anakin shrugged. ?Maybe you have.?

?Maybe,? Jag said doubtfully.

Anakin brought his lightsaber up to block Nicci?s move, and then somersaulted over Tahiri?s head. The two women moved in to attack him again. Force, why did I agree to spar against them both at the same time?

It had been a month since Nicci had destroyed Naga Sadow, and things were getting back to normal at the Academy. Well, somewhat normal, at least. Anakin continued to train Nicci, with a little help from Tahiri?his girlfriend. Thank you, Force, for giving me the two of them.

Tahiri and Nicci had formed a surprising relationship, almost big sister to little sister. Anakin was happy that the two most important people in his life got along so well.

Nicci and Tahiri backed him into a corner, and Anakin shut off his lightsaber and held up his hands. ?Okay, I give up, you win!?

The two women shut off their lightsabers. Nicci wiped sweat off of her forehead with her sleeve. ?Can we have a break??

Anakin nodded, taking a sip of his water bottle. He was about to suggest that they all go for a swim when his comlink

23. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Tahiri and Nicci realized that the conversation was serious when Anakin fainted.

LOL! Excellent, made me litterally laugh out loud.
    Excellent posts, Keep it up!

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Thanks!!!! :D

25. Starlan

Dec 23, 2004
    Loved it! Anakin fainted? Lol!!! [face_laugh] Of course, I'd probably faint too, in his shoes.

*goes back to dancing aroung the house while listening to 'come what may' [face_love] *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.