main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxies on console? Maybe not...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by jp-30, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    mixnmojo.com reports

Well, it seems that Lucasarts has dropped the PS2 and Xbox logos from their product page for Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, and the product index page also no longer lists SWG as console-bound. Could this be a similar move to what we saw with RTX Red Rock? I guess we'll have to wait for some sort of official something to be sure.[hr][/blockquote]

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Hello, welcome to Games! It would seem that we already have an existing thread about SWG!. Please use our index in the future. :)

But in all seriousness, I'm not surprised at all. Did anybody not see this coming? They can't even get the game out for the PC, nevermind all the dumbing down and other changes they'd have to make for console ports. They also need to work on the Space Expansion once An Empire Divided comes out. Honestly, I don't think we'll be seeing that for a long time, if ever, depending on the original's success and how much patching is required after release.

3. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    10 points to the first person to find an online petition from the console crowd to get Lucasarts to change their mind on this one.

And if you start the petition yourself, it doesn't count. :p

4. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    What would these 10 points get me?

5. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I was planning on just getting it for X-Box (I don't have one yet, but am going to).

This way, it's cheaper. You'll pay monthly on PC where X-Box is 50 bucks a year.

But, I'll just get it for PC, after I have a job to afford the fee. (Look, I'm only 15, weekly allowance would cut it, but I wouldn't be able to buy anything else anyways).

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > where X-Box is 50 bucks a year.

I dunno about that whole x-box live one fee only thing. Maybe that was also a factor in canning the x-box port?

> What would these 10 points get me?

1. Prestige.
    2. A 10 point lead over everyone else here.
    3. First to 1000 points gets my job here.

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    This news could have bothered me if I wasn't so excited for Knights of the Old Republic.

8. Verry

Feb 27, 2002
    Probably, they weren't gonna make as much mulah. I'm sure that they get something, I mean, Microsoft can tell that they're using your game on X-Box live, and might pay royalties or something.

But 50 bucks a year for all X-Box live games would be a far better deal.

9. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    You need to pay $8.95 per month on top of the $50 to play PSO online for the Xbox. What makes you think that you wouldn't pay to play SWG, a game that has a much more vast and epic concept than PSO?

10. Verry

Feb 27, 2002
    That I didn't know. That's crap, no way in hell would I do that.

11. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Meh, I'm not paying to play any game online. More power to the people that enjoy paying per month to play a game.

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Hello, welcome to Games! It would seem that we already have an existing thread about SWG!. Please use our index in the future."

[face_laugh] He got you there, jp.

Anyways, when is this game actually coming out? I'm not buying it, but I swear, I've seen article after article on it over the past couple YEARS and... Geez, when is it supposed to come out, finally? I remember last year to the date (today was the first day of the Celebration) seeing Galaxies footage and space expansion footage at the Star Wars Celebration II and there's been articles almost every Star Wars Insider issue on Galaxies... And, well, I'm sick of this game, honestly.
    (when was it supposed to come out orinally, ayways? Wasn't it like 2 years ago?)

13. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Anyways, when is this game actually coming out?

Sometime before Rogue Leader comes to PC. :p

14. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Damn, all of use were looking foreward for Galaxies, possibly the game we were all dreaming for, and then, like my sock, Kerr_Plunk. :(

15. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    Kerr_Plunk is not your sock.

And yes, I do understand that (weak) joke.

Try again k thx.

16. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

That was the worst joke I've ever heard in the history of all the bad jokes I've heard/made.

17. Verry

Feb 27, 2002
    Since the game's been delayed so much....wouldn't it be funny if the expansion came out first.

badump

18. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Anyways, when is this game actually coming out?

Sometime before Rogue Leader comes to PC.

[face_laugh]
    There?s still a chance for RL to come to teh PC. :p

19. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Well, I don't have a PS2 or XBox, so I'll be perfectly happy with a pc version... now to get a laptop worthy of a Galaxy.

20. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Anyways, when is this game actually coming out?

Sometime before Rogue Leader comes to PC.
    "

[face_laugh] Oh ye of little faith. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.