main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxies or KotOR? Which are you looking more forward to?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 24, 2002.

?

Galaxies or KotOR? Which are you looking more forward to?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Galaxies.

14.8%
  2. KotOR.

70.4%
  3. Both equally.

5.6%
  4. Neither.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I can't decide yet.

7.4%
  6. I h4t3 p011z in G4m3z ph0rUm!!!1!!!1!!1!111

1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
  2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes, there's already a thread for each game, but I want to get people's thoughts on them in comparison to each other.

My take on them:

Galaxies is simply amazing, but the the whole monthly fee makes that a bit harder for me. This game will have great player interaction, pvp, pve, crafting, nearly anything you can think of. Can't even start to write about all the possibilities of what you can do.

KotOR is more linear than Galaxies, cause of the whole singleplayer campain. Nothing has been released on multiplayer (last I checked), but if it includes any, I see it being remarkably like Neverwinter Nights. If it includes a map editor as well, this would open the game up to all those interested in skinning, modding, and level designing. Even if it doesn't, it promises to be an awesome game.

So, which is it? What do you think promises to be the better game?

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    KOTOR! Rock on!!! This game looks awesome! :)

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    While Galaxies looks amazing, I haven't got the time to get my money's worth out of the game. I also wonder if it will be ruined by lamers, and end up as a glorified chat room.

KOTOR also looks beautiful, and I like the fact it's not set in the Classic era, but is undeniably Star Wars.

I will definitely be buying KOTOR. I may buy Galaxies, depending on my situation (time, money, internet spped) sometime in the future.

And if KOTOR is editible I will [face_love] Bioware.

My vote goes to KOTOR.

5. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Don't care much for KOTOR, so I'm going to go with SWG, despite my growing reservations about it. More and more it looks like combat professions will be the only ones truly open to all players.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I don't play multiplayer, and I play games as much for the story as for the gameplay. KotOR it is.

7. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    Galaxies. It looks simply amazing and I've been in the mood for some MMORPGing lately. I've been playing a bit of the Earth & Beyond beta the last couple of days, and I might have to buy it to tide me over until Galaxies comes out.

8. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I have to say KOTOR. For the same reasons JP said

9. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Two months ago, I would've without a doubt said SWG. However, now, after seeing the KOTOR screenshots and increasing reservations about SWG, I'm not very sure. If KOTOR definitely had multiplayer, I believe I would choose it over SWG. At this point, I'm really not sure. :\

But I don't care, I'll be picking both up.

10. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "I play games as much for the story as for the gameplay."

Totally. That's why I was unpleasantly dissapointed with JO! Single player stunk! :( I hope KOTOR to make up for this. I love an amazing story Star Wars game and I haven't had one since XWA and JK. With KOTOR, I'll have JO for my multiplaying purposes and KOTOR for single player! Yay!

Dan, what exactly are these "reservations" everyone is talking about? What's bad about it?

11. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Not too much, really. Just a gut feeling, perhaps. A few minor things like developers leaving the team, release date getting pushed back (not necessarily bad), graphics beginning to look dated already, some professions not turning out too well, or just not interesting enough, the inevitable fact that everyone will want to a Jedi, smuggler, or bounty hunter. Like I said, small things, and it really is just a gut feeling, but I'm sure it'll turn out just fine.

12. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    But since dan is god, your gut feeling is sort of like an official announcement? :p

13. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Bah. I'm sure it'll be a great game.

//still planning to faek death when it comes out

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    That might actually work, you know.

Question: If you are supposed to be dead, how/where do you plug in your 'puter without anyone finding out?

15. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    STOP ASKING QUESTIONS!

I'm tired.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Right away, chief.

17. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > the inevitable fact that everyone will want to a Jedi, smuggler, or bounty hunter.

Haven't you read any "Tales from..." books. Everyone in the SW universe IS a Jedi, smuggler, or bounty hunter.

;)

18. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Or a combination of those three.

19. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Last I heard, they were implementing something that would stop everyone from being a 1337 j3d1 d00d!!!11!!!11. (And I can still use that in the Games forum, I think I get banned if I use it in JCC. ;))

Anyway, my vote has to go to KOTOR. SWG looks and sounds pretty damn awesome, but there's the small issue of paying a lot of money for a game I'm not going to have enough time to play. If they give KOTOR multiplayer capabilities, I'm going to give Sony the finger and play Bioware games 24/7.

20. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    If I could coax my parents into buying me a new computer, I'd get KOTOR.

21. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    KotOR.
    If my PC meats the min specs

22. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    KoTOR without a doubt for some of the same reasons many of you have mentioned, but mostly because of the monthly fee for SWG. If it has a cheaper fee on the Xbox, I might give it a try but most likely I'll pass on it.

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Whoaa... KOTOR is winning by a landslide.

Something I wouldn't think would happen.

24. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Everything is proceeding as I have forseen. [face_devil]

KOTOR is winning mainly because of the cost factor, it seems. Not a lot of people are willing to pay monthly for a game they're not going to play 24/7.

25. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Amazing, because just around 6 months ago, Galaxies would be winning this poll. KOTOR is offering gamers a SW RPG experience for just the cost of the game, without having to worry about paying monthly fees for server access, and the added headache of "Am I using this game enough to justify the $$ I'm paying?". I am looking forward to KOTOR mainly because of the EU setting. I won't have to worry about canon whatsoever, since it's all set during the Tales of the Jedi/OR era.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.