main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Galaxy at War (Post-Legacy, AU at times, Chapter 3 is up, temporarily on-hold)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The Loyal Imperial, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Title: Galaxy at War
    Author: The_Loyal_Imperial (what, you were expecting someone else?)
    Setting: Post-Legacy
    Genre(s): Action/Adventure
    Character(s): Erm...all original, except for the really, really long-lived ones. References to characters you know will be made, of course.
    Disclaimer: Do I look like I own Star Wars? I don't, really, I don't.

Alright, here it be, my first shot at writing a real Star Wars story. It takes place long after the Legacy comics and uses a lot of stuff from the early drafts of A New Hope. Some canon events will be changed, biggest example (so far): the Death Star II was built around Kashyyyk instead of Endor. I'll happily take suggestions on other event changes, my aim is to improve the story of the EU as much as possible while writing this. Enjoy! :D

[b]~Dramatis Personae (to be updated as the story goes on)~[/b]
    [hr]Cos Da****, High Moff (male human)
    Crispin Hoedaack, Grand Moff, Grand Admiral of the Imperial Military (male human)
    Deak Skywalker, Jedi Apprentice (male human)
    Espaa Valorum, Moff, Head of the Imperial Mission (male human)
    Fel VIII, Emperor of the Galactic Empire (male human)
    Kayos Aquilae, Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance (male human)
    Kane Skywalker, Grand Master of the Jedi Order (male human)
    Lumpawaroo, Senator of the Mytaranor Sector (male Wookiee)
    Mir Nash, Galactic Alliance Minister of State (male human)
    Orvan Sandage, Moff, Head of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps (male human)
    Prue, Supreme Commander of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force (male Mon Calamari)
    Seig Darklighter, Moff, Grand Master of the Imperial Knights (male human)
    Vantos Coll, Grand Moff, Director of Imperial Intelligence (male human)
    Windom Skywalker, Jedi Apprentice (male human)
    [hr][b]Prologue ::: Preparing the Board[/b][hr][b]Location: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....[/b][hr]The year is 342 ABY. It has been over two centuries since the Galactic Alliance Core Forces and Roan Fel's Imperial loyalists joined together and defeated the Galactic Empire under the control of Darth Krayt. In the aftermath of that war, to prevent further conflict from occurring, both sides agreed to split the galaxy between them. The Empire retained control of the Core Worlds and the Inner Rim, while the Alliance took the Mid and Outer Rims. The galaxy was without any major conflicts for years, the longest stretch of peace it had known since the days of the Old Republic.

Recently, however, things have been heating up between the two powers. The current generations are far removed from the deal that had been struck between Emperor Fel III and Admiral Gar Stazi, the reasons for it either forgotten or ignored. The Alliance senators clamored for war, the Imperial Moff Council more than willing to follow suit. Luckily for the galaxy, the leaders of the two governments did not wish for war to befall it once again, so for many years the arguments of the senators and the Moffs amounted to little more than tense relations between the powers.

Soon, however, all of that would change. On the first day of the fifth month of the galactic year, an Alliance fleet under the command of one Admiral Quist launched a surprise attack on the Imperial world of Taanab and captured it. The Alliance Senate had overruled the decision of the Chief of State and decided to go to war with the Empire to "return the galaxy to a state of democracy" as they put it. The galaxy was once again at war. Our story will start as the Council of Moffs receives news of Taanab's fall....
    [hr]
    Comments? Make 'em. Questions? I'll answer them. Suggestions, those would be nice, please. [face_wink]

2. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Hmmm, you certainly have my interest. I've never read anything that's all-OC or far-future, but I'll lurk around and see where this goes. Looks fascinating.

3. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'll bite. I'm not usually one for epics, but with it being far future...and with Skywalkers and Darklighters involved, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Interesting introduction.[face_thinking]

4. Lord_Boney

Lord_Boney Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2007
    Hmmm...looks very interesting. One question however. I see no Emperor Fel IX on your Dramatis Personae? [face_thinking]

5. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Which is why I said I'd update it as the story goes on. ;) The only reason the Emperor isn't on there yet is because I've yet to decide his name and how many Fel Emperors there have been since Legacy.
    Thanks! I've never been one to follow the mainstream, so I went with something completely different. :D There will be a few appearances by...longer-lived characters, such as Senator Lumpawaroo (his reasons for being a senator will be revealed later on in the story). The vast majority of characters will be original, though.
    Thank you! It didn't strike me until after I'd written it that the Skywalkers now ran the Jedi and the Darklighters the Imperial Knights.

Thank you for reading, everyone! I'll try and get the next part up as soon as I can.

6. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Here's the next part (or perhaps it would be better to say the first part ;)). Two things I should note first: 1. This is my first time writing anything that isn't in first-person. 2. Little parts of this may be edited as I figure out how to make it better, nothing major, just little touch-ups and detail fixes. Enjoy!

[b]Chapter 1 ::: The Game Begins[/b][hr][b]Location: Imperial Capital, Granicus[/b][hr]"Thank you all for coming on such short notice, gentlemen." The speaker was High Moff Cos Da****, a thin aged man with a long drooping moustache, he was second in rank only to the Emperor and head of the Imperial Council of Moffs. "I have news of great importance that concerns not just us, but the entire Empire." His eyes roamed around the room, making sure he had the full attention of all his colleagues.

Once he was satisfied that their focus was entirely on him, he continued. "Taanab has fallen. The Galactic Alliance launched a surprise attack there this morning and we lost contact with them half an hour ago. It is safe to presume that the planet is now in their hands."

Moff Espaa Valorum, a young man with long blond hair who held the position of head of the Imperial Mission, was the first to react. "Bu-but that's impossible! There have been no signs of hostility, no trade disputes, not even a declaration of war! There must be some mista-."

His protests were cut off by the frantic beeping of the message terminal in front of Grand Moff Vantos Coll, a grossly obese man, he was the director of Imperial Intelligence. His eyes flickering across the screen, Coll's expression became grim. "No mistake, Espaa. The Galactic Alliance Senate overruled the Triumvirate this morning, the majority voted to go to war with the Empire. The fleet that attacked Taanab was dispatched within an hour of the result of the vote being tallied."

Grand Moff Crispin Hoedaack, Grand Admiral of the Imperial Military at the young age of nineteen, narrowed his gray eyes at this new information. "That's...an awfully quick move, don't you think? Somebody, be it a senator or a military officer, was planning for this."

"Regardless of why or how this happened, we should be discussing what we're going to do about it, should we not?" That was Moff Seig Darklighter, a tall man with brown hair and blue eyes, Grand Master of the Imperial Knights and commander of his Imperial Majesty's personal bodyguards.

Before anyone else could speak, a haughty voice cut into the discussion. "Before we make any decisions, don't you think someone should inform His Majesty of the situation?"

The possessor of the voice was Moff Orvan Sandage, with greasy black hair and eyes of a matching color he was head of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps and a noble from the Tapani Sector, universally despised by the rest of council, save perhaps Moff Valorum.

Moff Coll turned his head and spitted him with a glare; his next words were thickly laced with contempt. "Don't be [i]stupid[/i], Orvan. His Majesty probably knew long before the messenger was dispatched to inform [i]us[/i]."

The entire room went silent at that, both the Emperor's mastery of the Force and his personal legion of spies were well-known even in the furthest reaches of the Empire. Breaking the silence, Grand Moff Hoedaack stood and addressed the rest of the council. "My fleet isn't far from Taanab, I'll head there and determine the situation. If possible I will attempt to retake the planet." With that, his holographic image shimmered and disappeared.

Moff Valorum was the next to rise. "I shall contact the Galactic Alliance ambassador; there must be some way of resolving this situation without further violence." Then, he too disappeared.

"I must return to His Majesty's side, with a war starting we must be alert for any attempts at an assassination or kidnapping." Seig Darklighter stood and strode from the room, one of the few who were attending the conference in person rather than through the holonet.

"I'll deploy the spy networks and see what I ca

7. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Here's the second chapter! With this we've surpassed 2,200 words of story. I've added names for each of the chapters and done a bit of general cleaning up. Enjoy!

[b]Chapter 2 ::: The Opening Move[/b][hr][b]Location: Imperial Star Destroyer [i]Invincible[/i], Colla IV drydocks[/b][hr]Crispin Hoedaack, both Grand Moff and Grand Admiral of the Imperial Military, carefully rolled the situation around his mind, examining it from every angle. It was true that his fleet was not far from Taanab, but it was also true that it was currently in drydock, having arrived there the day before.

His fleet was responsible for patrolling the Imperial-GA border from Myrkr to Manaan, which meant that Taanab was within his jurisdiction. Somebody had specifically waited until his fleet was in drydock to launch the attack, but that made no sense if the vote to declare war had gone through this morning.

Something was definitely amiss. Either Grand Moff Coll's intelligent network had picked up faulty information or...the factions responsible for declaring war on the Empire had waited until the best possible time to strike. It appears there was far more to this war than meets the eye, but was that not true with anything?

The galaxy had been turned into a dejarik board, with the war the game and the opening moves that which would separate the players from the pieces. Now it was time to make the opening move. Rising from his chair, he walked out of the communications center and stepped onto the command bridge of his flagship, the [i]Indomitable[/i]-class Star Destroyer [i]Invincible[/i], hand-picked to be the mainstay of his fleet.

Moving swiftly to the center of the bridge, he made sure he had the attention of the entire bridge crew before issuing his orders. "Send an emergency transmission to the rest of the fleet, all ships are to launch and prepare for battle. Send out a call for the nearest fleet to rendezvous with us and transfer some of their crew over."

If they hadn't been giving him their full and undivided attention before, they certainly were now. "Sir...you [i]do[/i] realize that we're currently drydocked for maintenance?" That was the captain of the Invincible, Commander Firlon, a Chiss.

"Of course I realize that, Commander. My orders still stand; all personnel are to immediately report to battle stations and prepare for launch. Our destination is Taanab, the enemy is the Galactic Alliance. We have a war to wage, gentlemen."

A credit to their training, the crew did not immediately freeze in shock at his words. Instead, understanding the importance of his statement, they began to carry out his orders with haste, recalling crew outside the ship, bringing systems back online, and transmitting orders to the rest of the fleet.

Soon, however, it became clear that something was wrong. Puzzled, the technical officer turned around to report his findings to his superiors. "Sir, there's a problem with the systems, the airlocks aren't closing and the tubes connecting them to the station won't retract either."

The next report came from the communications officer. "Sir, the station isn't responding to any of our queries, the transmissions are going through fine but they're not responding."

Now it was the sensor officer's turn to find something wrong. "Sir! There's a fleet dropping out of hyperspace! ID codes identify as the Galactic Alliance Defense Force Fifth Fleet, and blasterfire is being reported in the vicinity of airlocks #8, #5, #9, and #2!"

Grand Admiral Crispin Hoedaack, one of the four most powerful men in the Empire, brought his fist down on the arm of his command chair. Curse them! Attacking Taanab had been nothing but a feint, their real target was here, his own fleet!

Quickly running the details through his head, he analyzed the situation. The airlocks were locked open and connected to the station, which was unresponsive. That combined with the blasterfire meant that Galactic Alliance marines were now attempting to board and take over his ship, and most likely the re

8. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Interesting start, can't wait to meet Cade's descendants!

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Thanks! :D Kane, the jolly giant Jedi (as I call him), will be introduced in the next chapter and then Deak and Windom in the chapter after that. They're quite interesting to write, they each represent a different way of the Jedi.

10. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Chapter 3 is here and I've also added some new stuff to the Moff Council meeting, enjoy! :D

[b]Chapter 3 ::: The Pieces Gather[/b][hr][b]Location: Alliance Capital, Mon Calamari[/b][hr]Not long after the end of the ambush at Colla IV a rather peculiar sight was seen to be making its way through the halls of the Galactic Alliance capital building. A rather large specimen Jedi was jogging through the halls, stopping to greet and chat with anyone unfortunate enough to enter his line of sight. Whenever he would stop to talk to one of the clerks or officials, the others in the vicinity would take off at a run, hoping not to be the next subject of his attention.

This Jedi's name was Kane Skywalker, Grand Master of the Jedi Order and occasionally called the friendliest man in the galaxy. His habit of accosting government employees and then going into long, rambling speeches about the history of the Jedi, the Force, and how they could apply those two to improve their daily lives inspired fear wherever he went.

Well, technically that wasn't the only reason he inspired fear. The other reason was his reputation for ending the existences of countless pirate groups and smuggling organizations. It helped that he was tall enough to look a Wookiee in the eye.

And so, after several hours of talking with government employees and several hours of getting lost in the hallways, he finally managed to find his way to the office of the Galactic Alliance Advisory Council, which he also happened to be on.

Preparing to make his grand entrance, Kane practically ran into the meeting room, accidentally knocking down the protocol droid who was attempting to welcome him in the process. Not even noticing the poor droid he looked around the room to see who had assembled. "So, who's all here?"

Prue, a Mon Calamari with a penchant for ocean-based idioms and Supreme Commander of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force, just shook his head and took on a mournful expression he had long since perfected, he usually had it on whenever the Grand Master of the Jedi came to call. It wasn't that he disliked the man, he simply couldn't understand how any being could constantly be so energetic.

Seated next to Prue was Lumpawaroo, Senator of the Mytaranor Sector, who sat on the Advisory Council as the official representative of the Senate. It was said by many that he had inherited his political skills from his legendary father. Rising from his chair he howled out a greeting, which went untranslated since it was his protocol droid who was currently flailing around on the floor.

On Prue's other side was Mir Nash, Minister of State, a blond-haired man of indeterminate age who always seemed to be smiling, as if he knew something that you didn't. Choosing to remain seated, he offered his own greetings. "Ah, Master Skywalker, how kind of you to join us."

Seated at the head of the table was Kayos Aquilae, the Chief of State, a silver-haired man affectionately called "King Kayos" by the general populace. A long-time member of the Antarian Rangers, Kayos had been a good friend of Kane's for several decades and was one of the few people who was able to match his enthusiasm. "Kane! I'm sorry for calling you here on such short notice, but it was urgent. It's good to see you again!"

Finally taking notice of the fallen protocol droid, Kane hauled it to its feet before taking one of the four empty seats. As he did this he took note of those who were missing; the Minister of Justice, the director of Galactic Alliance Intelligence, and the commander of the Galactic Alliance Guard. The three members of the council who were in favor of the war. "Not a problem, Kayos. So, what's the emergency?"

The Chief of State's expression darkened as he typed in a code onto the console in front of him. "Not so much an emergency as a complication, Kane. Our attempt to end this war before it escalates has failed, the Fifth Fleet was forced to retreat at Colla IV and all marines that were deployed with them are presumed dead or captured."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.