main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy Guide 15 - Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hello fellow D6ers! Just want you to know that me and some folks over at The Rancor Pit have made a book that you'll surely appreciate:

Galaxy Guide 15 - Attack of the Clones

Enjoy it, and please post comments.

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I briefly skimmed it, and it looks very good.

Question - you mentioned Plo Koon's Electric Judgment power, but you didn't list any such power in his d6 stats. Was that an oversight? Furthermore, I take it that I can find out information about Electric Judgment from SWRPGNetwork under the Force Lance Force Power. Right?

3. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, the thing is, whenever possible we based our stats on conversions from Wizards' stats. And Wizards' stats for Plo Koon don't have anything concerning his electric judgement, so we went with it. Call it an oversight due to reliance on faulty information....

4. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Woah. Merry Christmas to me. :D

5. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Merry Christmas!

6. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    I just skimmed the whole thing. Very slick! The layout is inviting and the info looks really useful. Thanks you you and the whole crew that put it together!

7. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, actually it was pretty much just me and another guy, though some other people in the forums piped in from time to time. I'm glad you liked the book. Now we'll start work on the follow-up "Galaxy Guide 16 - Revenge of the Sith". Should be ready in a couple of months...

8. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Very impressive D6 supplement. Great job with the layout, and it looks like you really went ahead and got everyone from that film in there. I'm a D20 man myself, but I can certainly respect the job you did there. My D20 clone wars fan sourcebook is in the works still, but chapters can be individually downloaded here:

http://www.fandom.swnsu.com

Our focus is much more on the EU, statting characters from the novels, comics and video games as well as the film characters. I think there are something like 150+ Jedi Characters alone, though only our Dark Side and Padawan NPC chapters have been posted so far.

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Thanks a lot. Your sourcebook is also very impressive. We're both going for the same thing: creating books that look exactly like the ones made by the real companies (WEG/Wizards). And you're doing a bang-up job of it. We are also thinking about doing a Clone Wars Sourcebook once we're done with the movie sourcebooks. Say, would you be open to us basing some of our material on yours, then?

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I had trouble viewing it, but now i'm just saving it straight to my computer lol, I look forward to the ROTS one though too :)

11. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    You let me know when you get to that point, and me and my partner (I mean that in a hetero, business way) Tron, will talk and see what we think. As long as we are getting credit for it, it probably wont be a problem. Especially if we can post the Clone Wars one specifically on our site saying we were contributors. But lets cross that bridge when you guys finish your ROTS Galaxy Guide.

Beyond that, our clone wars sourcebook is going to be...long. Our current estimates show it might end up being like 600 pages. We have 400 NPCs we are looking to include! So odds are you guys will be done long before we are. In any case, it is a very sharp looking PDF. Congrats!

12. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    I noticed that a lot of the Masters seem to have the same powers, battle meditation and lesser Force shield in particular. Oppo Rancisis was the only one who explicitly used battle meditation, and Mace used lesser Force shield. But as for the others... Why is it like this?

13. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    In Sora Bulq's stats, there's listed the Control Power Enhance skill. I've never heard of this. If I have to take a guess, I'd say it works a lot like enhance attribute, so I think it's a redundant power.

14. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Is there a Phantom Menace book in the same style? I know I wrote my own stats & comments a while ago for humor value, but...

Just wondering.

15. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    NarCranor, thanks for considering my request. When we get to do a Clone Wars Sourcebook, it surely won't be nearly as thorough as the one you're doing, but some of your material should surely prove useful. We'll discuss it further when the time comes.

As for the Jedi Master`s powers, all those Jedi Masters are d20 conversions, so...

Enhace Skill is a force powers that takes Enhance Attribute a step forward, it's not quite redundant.

After the Ep3 book, we`ll probably do an Ep1 book, so, wait around....

16. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004

Excellent book, I get the gist of D6 but I?m not 100% sure of the rules but from what ive read it seem like it?s a faster paced more streamlined version of D20. I wonder is there any sites that I can play on so I can pick up the game better.

17. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    erm, try http://www.starwarsclub.org

the site can be quite difficult to navigate, but it's got excellent resources on there. It's where i learnt to use the d6 system without any books. There are a few other online resources too, http://members.aol.com/vstarblaze for example.

I think it's great myself because you just need the one type of dice, though it can mean there are a lot of dice to roll.

18. Neo-Paladin

Dec 10, 2004
    This is the best online resource for the WEG D6 rules I've ever found. He's got all the basics.

There's a reason that it's my favorite system. :D

19. Master_Uxi

Master_Uxi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Awesome. Just like I imagine WEG would have done.

Ah, what might have been...

20. sonofcoruscant

sonofcoruscant Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 14, 2006
    This is the most incredible thing I have ever seen, literally I dont have the words to describe how impressed I am. THis is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than any sourcebook WOC ever put out for Star Wars.

Amazing

21. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Wow, really flattered guys. I'm glad you appreciate our hard work. We're currently working on the Ep3 book, and hopefully it'll turn out even better than the previous one.

Thanks for the support.

22. sonofcoruscant

sonofcoruscant Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 14, 2006
    Hey man, keep up the good work. We are using this in a game of ours and everyone enjoys it. Again, thankz

23. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    any news on the ROTS book yet?

24. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Patience, patience. It's moving a bit slowly lately due to real life issues taking up most of our time. But it's coming, it's coming.......

25. NarCranor

Mar 1, 2005
    I feel you gry. These things take time to make. A lot of research is required to make sure you are creating something accurate. I know for our clone wars stuff we spend 1-8 hours per character, depending on how much material there is to go over. We have little conferences to talk about the best way to represent the character, etc. I mean, they could be produced a lot faster, but then the quality of material wouldnt be to the same high standard these guys obviously hold themselves to. Just gotta be patient :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.