main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy Gun...Where Was It Featured, and What Exactly Does It Do?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Fluke_Groundwalker, Mar 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I was wondering where in the EU the Galaxy Gun was featured, and what its purpose was.

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Dark Empire II and Empire's End.

It blew up planets by shooting hyperspace missiles and its purpose was to make the reincarnated Emperor the top man again.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Actually, it seemed it's purpose was to be the ultimate terror weapon. The Death Stars, the World Devastators, the Sun Crusher, and various other super wepons all had to be in the same system as their target. But the Galaxy Gun could be anywhere in the galaxy and be able to strike at targets clear across the galaxy, destroying them almost instantly. That is, if the hyperspace missile wasn't a dud, as happened at the start of Empire's End. The missiles would set up a chain reaction in the planet or objects core, that would end up doing exactly the same thing as the Death Stars.

4. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Correct. And the reason Palpy wanted the ultimate terror weapon was so he could control the galaxy again. He did use it to convince planets to rejoin the Empire (I'm not making this up, I have my copy of Empire's End right here), so I do not stand corrected 8-}

5. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Plus the warheads could be scaled down to destroy a continant, warship, planet or starbase.

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    And the Galaxy Gun was actually turned against the Imperial Captial world of Byss. When Artoo was able to reprogram the Eclipse 2, he sent it crashing out of hyperspace into the Galaxy Gun, which was about to fire (I forgot what it was going to fire at). The crash changed the direction of the Galaxy Gun, the missle shoot out and destroyed Byss.

Fun.

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Artoo saves the day!

8. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Sounds like it was pretty bad ass.

9. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Sounds like the Star Wars version of an ICBM - pity the NR couldn't build an improved version to attack the Vong.

10. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Using the diagram from the Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology, which shows a Star Destroyer silhouette compared to the Galaxy Gun profile, the length of the Galaxy Gun was 6,500 meters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.