main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Galaxy High (Yoda's Revenge)"__________reposted *Updated, sorta*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Feb 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    That's great Amidolee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow! Just having a quick catch up read before I have to go and meet my friend.

Kithera

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Um, yes, E-K, there are stereotypes in their characters, one of the big 'femmy' ones coming up tonight.

3. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, I've got more posts after this!

======@====@====@======

?Benny Lightway!? Obi-Wan exclaimed. ?I sound like a candy bar!?

Sifa and Ane giggled as they looked over the cast sheets. ?Callista Starlove? What kind of name is that?? Sifa mused. Her emerald eyes lit up. ?Oh, my, Pigtails, you?re going to be the other-half of the love interest! Cali was filling me in about the typical plot! You get to play geek-boy who eventually wins the popular girl?s heart! Oooh! And it?s clear that Cali and Saasha *hate* each other! This is going to be so??

The Padawan was interrupted by the slam of the door. Cali stood in the doorway, her eyes riveted on Obi-Wan in such a deadly glare that the Padawan was left frozen. It was several moments before he spoke. ?Cal--??

?Shut *up*!? Cali crossed the room in two strides and slapped the sheet down on his lap, causing him to wince and pale. ?You *jerk*!?

?What did I do?? Obi-Wan asked, a defensive look suddenly sparking in his eyes, mixing with the bewildered swirls.

?Fuchsia! You told them to make me into a cheerleader called Fuchsia! I?m *pink*!?

Obi-Wan opened his mouth to protest, but then shut it. ?I didn?t say anything about Fuchsia,? he said after a moment.

Cali might have slapped him, but she couldn?t bring herself to raise a hand to his cheek. She just continued to glare, holding onto her anger, letting it grow. *You shouldn?t get so angry* a voice whispered. *You don?t want a repeat of that club, do you?* She blocked the taunt. ?You said,? she changed her voice to mimmick his accent. ?If she plays a cheerleader, could she where one of those little outfits? She?d look great in those!?

?That wasn?t exactly . . .? Obi-Wan shot a glare at Ane. ?*He* suggested it to me! And they asked! Cal, don?t get mad??

?Why not? Because I?m *used* to such comments??

Obi-Wan had been confused by her anger, but now he suddenly realized how she was interpreting his admiration. ?Cali, I didn?t mean it like that!?

Her disbelief, and even hurt, rolled off her as she turned away. He could sense that it was temporary, but even he had to admit it to himself that certain things bring her to an almost unstable disposition. At the Temple, it was easy to forget about them, because they were both sheltered and concentrating on the Force, training, and each other. But since they had come here, she seemed to be crawling back into her defense shell.

//Sith, do something, you dolt!// Obi-Wan was aware of his friends? stares, but he couldn?t look at them, afraid to break eye contact with her, lest he lose her to her anger. He opened his mouth to speak?

?How?s everything going?? Clarise?s cheerful voice rang throughout the silent office as she entered.

Cali turned to the woman, and Obi-Wan felt the brief contact between them slip away. ?Just wonderful!? There wasn?t a trace of sincerity in her voice. ?Excuse me.?

?Ca??

The door slammed.

?What was that all about?? Clarise asked in concern.

?May I be excused, ma?am?? Obi-Wan asked, feeling like an initiate again.

?Yes, but you need to be at your appointment with the make artists in five minutes.?

Obi-Wan nodded before hurrying out the door.

======@====@====@======

//I need somewhere to calm down//
    //I can?t believe I got so angry!//
    //No, I?m *not* going to let my anger and hurt get the best of me!//

Cali repeated these thoughts through her head as she wove between frantic crew, searching for somewhere to grab a quick meditation before she faced Obi-Wan. Her face burned with shame, but when she tried to reason with herself, only her anger and old wounds brimmed. //I refuse to be angry!// That only made her even more frustrated and angry.

//He?ll come and talk to me! I know he will//

Cali felt part of her relax, though it was only marginally. She paused and glanced back, hoping to find Obi-Wan in hot pursuit. There! He was looking right and left, and she was tempted to call out to him, but then he was intercepted by Saasha and being directed to

4. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan.....first Saasha and now he's going to have five people with foundation brushes chasing after him!

Poor, poor man.

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Up! Just so I can find you if I get time to post again tonight!

6. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    "happy"

Thilled! :D

Women are nutzen. [face_laugh]
    Poor Obi....

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ======@====@====@======

He did his best not to giggle or squirm as the powder brush dances over his cheeks, but Ane finally found himself unable to contain the urge. Lynda, his make-up artist, smiled. ?You?ll get used to it,? she said cheerfully.

Ane didn?t answer. He couldn?t believe that he was actually sitting and letting this woman put feminine cosmetics on him! When Lynda stepped back to inspect her work, he glanced worriedly towards the brooding Obi-Wan in the next chair. Whether that look of extreme agitation was for the odd outburst from Cali or for his own make-up artist and the hovering Saasha (who were discussing proper shading for his cheekbones), he felt a bit of pity for his friend.

And extreme sympathy for anyone who would set him off within the next few minutes.

?Well, we found your base shade,? Lynda pronounced, bringing Ane back to her. ?We?ll move on to lip paint.?

?I have to wear *lipstick*?? Ane paled and heard Sifa?s giggle from the right. The tall Padawan was already through her make-up inspection, knowing precisely what shades suited her complexion due to Cali?s earlier administrations.

Lynda grinned as she held up several tubes. ?Yup, but this is more of a neutral shade, Ane, so don?t worry. It?s not like it?s glossy or anything.?

?I think you should have used the blue mascara on him,? Sifa grinned wickedly.

?NO!?

The loudspeaker crackled. ?Angli, Salles, Wynna, Ivring . . . report to make-up.?

Obi-Wan tensed in his chair, eyes darting around the make-up area. It was ill fate that he had been dragged away from his chase, and now he feared that Cali would misunderstand again. The first misunderstanding?well, that counted in their relationship?had turned out to be for the best, but he couldn?t help but worry that maybe such a casual remark could do permanent damage.

Ane had brushed off his worry and her anger as ?that *thing*?, and that he should just let her cool off. Obi-Wan wasn?t sure if he should really take advice from the older Padawan. As much as Ane bragged?and Jedi weren?t supposed to brag, but no one was perfect?about his knowledge of women, he couldn?t bring himself to really believe Ane.

To make matters worse, Saasha had been hovering and fretting from the very moment he had emerged from that darned office. He was being paranoid if he thought she was waiting for him. Cali?s moans and groans were just getting to his head. Obi-Wan had learned to never judge someone from another?s opinion, and even though he wanted to grimace and run at this moment, Saasha had not yet given him a real reason to dislike her.

//You?re just upset about Cali// he told himself.

And what was he going to do about that? He couldn?t very well talk to her with so many people eavesdropping, but he didn?t want to put it off either. And would she even want to talk to him?

His senses spiked the moment she entered. It was the fretful emotions rolling off her that immediately brought him to concern, but then there was a sharp spike of anger, and he knew that she had caught sight of Saasha. //I?ll have ask her about that// he noted mentally.

Lynda capped the tube of the lip paint and smiled. ?Okay, Ane, you?re finished. Polla will take all of that off.? She turned towards the entrance. ?Ah, Cali-Ana! Come and sit!?

Obi-Wan felt a lump in his throat as she neared. Everything in her posture spoke of misery and contempt, but she calmly seated herself in the chair beside him, eyes stubbornly looking straight forward to the illuminated mirror. Obi-Wan sighed and gazed at her for a long moment.

Saasha had smiled smugly. //This is almost too easy!//

?What do you usually use for toner and base?? Lynda asked Cali. The girl responded in a flat voice, answering each question without any interest.

Obi-Wan cringed. *Don?t feel guilty for chemical unbalances* Ane had told him earlier. *Sifa would fly off the handle, and then be perfectly fine the next day* To this, Sifa had smartly thumped the boy on the side of the head. *Circulation

8. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    MWHAHAHAHA! You think you are so clever, Saasha, but you don't know what you are getting in to! These people can bring you to your knees by accident, as is evident by the 'dressing room' incident! [face_devil]

I'm glad that Cali and Obi-wan are beginning to reconcil so quickly. Cali is right that it isn't good to let your anger control you and its even worse to let it build up over time. I can hardly wait to see the antics of getting into their roles! [face_laugh]

9. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    Dang, Julie's really getting in to this. :)

Heh heh, Ane was right about Cali and Sifa's bad moods though. ;)

10. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Why do men always put our mood swings on PMS???
    Anyway, great posts, Ami!
    :_( More please!

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A wonderful couple of posts.

I loved the way Cali and Obi made up right under Saasha's nose.

And I agree with Julie that the star has no idea what she's in for. Though she may eventually score some small points she's coming down big time! LOL!

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    ======@====@====@======

Cali inspected her new hairstyle with little scrutiny. Along with dying her fading red and golden locks to a reddish tint, Lynda had also set in a quasi-perm, causing her hair to fall just to her shoulders in soft waves. She liked the effect, grateful to be rid of her straight, bi-colored style. By the time they were done, much of the cast had been gone off in groups to talk with coaches and the director.

Her stomach fluttered as she caught sight of Obi-Wan and Sifa talking quietly on a bench that leaned against one of the finished sets. Each held a water bottle in their hands, and Obi-Wan was twisting his long braid between his fingers.

Her earlier anger had cooled to just a simmering annoyance, and only a drop of it was for Obi-Wan. She felt guilty for yelling at him like she had, but at the time, she had channeled all of her frustration at someone she knew who would take it and not hold it against her. Warmth filled her, and she felt a bit ashamed. She knew she didn?t deserve his patience or compassion, but she was grateful to have it nonetheless.

//I shouldn?t keep him waiting//

By the time she reached them, Cali?s cheeks were flaming and she worried she wouldn?t be able to put pride aside and apologize. She was still madder than a bantha with a sand rash, but it wasn?t Obi-Wan?s fault and she would just have to remember that.

Sifa looked up and muttered something about Tobi before darting off.

It was suddenly just her and Obi-Wan. Cali found her mouth dry. It was then that she realized that she hadn?t ever really apologized to Obi-Wan?it had always been him that was brought down to humility first. This bothered her more than she would have thought.

Cali sat down quickly, not meeting Obi-Wan?s eye. She expected him to start apologizing, but he didn?t. He was going to wait for her explanation! It irritated her for a moment, then she realized that, yes, he had already apologized and this was her turn.

She slowly dragged her gaze to his, and everything seemed to slow. He always had that effect on her when he was upset. ?I?m sorry . . . for taking my problems out on you,? she said softly, unable to keep looking him the eye. ?You were just something I could use as a punching bag.?

?Glad I could help.?

Cali shot him a sharp look, wondering if he was bitter or angry. No, he just looked so *patient*. Like a Jedi, she noted, agitated. Before she could retort, he caught her hand and squeezed it. ?What?s really bothering you??

Cali sighed, sinking into his arms, smiling as he wrapped them tightly around her before softening his grip. ?Everything! Ever since we got here, ever since I knew we were going, I just felt this really strange, bad feeling. And I?m already turning into that horrible little brat I don?t want to be anymore.? She straightened and left the warmth of his hug, glancing down at her hands, cheeks burning. ?Already I?m being defensive and the basic witch. I could blame it on feminine problems, but I don?t that?s it.

?And, now you?re going to be snagged by Saasha!?

Obi-Wan?s eyebrows rose at the defeated look in her eyes. ?What do you mean??

?I know you won?t understand,? Cali slumped her shoulders, dropping her chin in her hands. ?You?re going to play the weepy, dopey geek who falls in love with Miss Perfect. She?ll come to realize that she likes you too, blah blah. And Saasha is just evil, beautiful, and knows how to get what she wants.?

?You?re being silly,? Obi-Wan said.

?It?s not just her, Obi-Wan. It?s *me*. I was so happy at the Temple, and I was actually realizing there is some truth to the whole ?discovering your innerself? jargon. I was changing, I was finding that there was actually a person in here.? She jutted her thumb at herself. ?And now I?m being placed right back into a world that is full of fakes.?

?You?re afraid that you?ll lose yourself??

?Yes, I suppose it?s like that.?

Obi-Wan cupped her chin and tilted it up so he could look her in the eye. ?I think you?re just looking

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Five
    ?Pressed Powder?

Ane generally considered himself a strong, brave Jedi apprentice, but at this very moment, he was a vengeful, angry young man that was also scared out of his mind. Sending Obi-Wan a ?I will kill you slowly and painfully? look, he prepared himself for flight as Saasha descended upon him with all her fury wrath.

?EXPLAIN YOURSELF!?

?Um, how about no?? Ane wheeled and ran, using the Force to aid in speed and miss hazardous obstacles such as people and equipment.

?AAAAEEEERRRGH!?

Cali-Ana covered her ears, snickering as she watched the blonde stamp her feet. Sifa was shifting uncomfortably, also looking ready for flight. Obi-Wan was as passive as ever, watching all of this with his quiet amusement and yet hesitant to become more than a mere observer.

?I DEMAND ANSWERS!? Saasha whirled at the three, having drawn stares from everyone around her. Eyes flashed with venom and she stomped over to Cali. ?You did this, didn?t you? You helped him! I swear, I will bring you down for this, Catty! I?ll bring your little friend down, too!?

?Oh, hush yourself!? Cali admonished, fighting back a grin. ?You?re making a spectacle of yourself. Just think how this will look on record! And that sweat on your brow is causing your make-up to clump . . . or is that the plastic surgery being melted??

Saasha turned dragon red, but Cali couldn?t feel more confident after her settled quarrel with Obi-Wan. And she *loved* that Saasha was making a fool of herself in front of him.

The actress fumed, silent for many long moments. Cali only shrugged and began to walk away. She could feel the other girl?s hatred boring into her back, but she couldn?t wipe the grin off her face. Yes, there was going to be trouble real soon, but she could handle it with three Jedi on her side.

======@====@====@======

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    double sigh

16. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    This is good. I'm enjoying Saasha and Cali's, umm, what do you call it, dislike for the other.

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Obi, that was plain mean to dump Ane into it like that.

Ok, a bit funny too. LOL!

Excellent post Amidolee! Glad to see Cali apologise and the two of them making out... er I mean up. :D :D

18. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Saasha and Cali are hilarious together. Reminds me of high school a bit.

I also loved Sifa's theory that Cali and Obi-Wan fought just so they could make up...or in Ane's theory, make out. hee, hee!

19. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Force, that was so mean Obi!!!
    I really like Cali's reactions to Saasha(sp?). Calm, confident and sarcastic. It's just perfect for that kind of girl! hehehe...

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, you might kinda wonder why Ane isn't killing Obi at the moment, but the boy is going to get payback, he's just more distracted at the moment :)

======@====@====@======

?Quiet on the set!?

The sharp, crisp shout of Vince Dannaon brought quiet to the noisy din of the set. Obi-Wan and Ane shifted in their given spots, each Padawan reciting silently their lines and directions before the camera started rolling. Everyone was frozen in place, awaiting their cues.

It was far too early in the morning, Ane thought, but there was no arguing with thirty authorities while trying to shovel some food into your mouth. At least the girls hadn?t been too cheerful and bouncy either. He?d hate to be bested by them on day one of shooting.

?Action!?

Suddenly, the frozen statues became hassled, talkative students on their way to class, ready to begin the new year. Obi-Wan, backpack shouldered, turned to his given locker, Ane quietly talking about basic nonsense, as they were only there to create background noise for a few seconds.

?Cue in Callista!?

Down the ?hall?, a group of beautiful girls in small skirted cheerleading outfits began their march towards the front of the set. The crowd parted for them and admiring, envious stares were shot their way. In the front of the entourage was Saasha Tahoma, hips swinging provocatively. She was followed by her appointed cheerleaders, the Galactic Stars.

Obi-Wan and Ane counted simultaneously in silence, marking their cues perfectly as they turned to watch the parade. Obi-Wan knew he was supposed to be appearing awed by Saasha, Callista, but he couldn?t help but catch Cali?s eye. A grin cracked his face as she trudged after her ?best friend?, looking ready to commit high crime at any moment.

The secession went by, and as directed, both Padawans turned. Ane shook his head and turned back to his locker, pretending to put books away. Obi-Wan was rooted to his spot, waiting for Ane?s opening line.

?Hey, man,? Ane slapped his shoulder roughly. ?What?s your problem??

?Hmm?? Obi-Wan didn?t even turn. The cheerleaders were now milling behind the camera, but to the eventual audience, he was still gazing dreamily at the retreating backs of the Stars.

Ane pretended to follow his gaze, then laughed. ?No way! Callista Starlove is *way* out of your league, man!?

?So??

?So? Let?s see, her and super-jock Helix Kyerstin are the Dream Team for three years running. You have no chance.?

Obi-Wan finally turned away and shoved a book into his pack. ?I don?t know, Jacen. It?s my senior year.?

?So what? A geek like you?a *loser*--could never catch Callista?s eye. No way!? Ane laughed and clapped Obi-Wan roughly on the back as they started down the hall. A bell sounded and people began to move towards directed doorways. ?She?s rich, popular, captain of the cheer squad . . . unreachable, not to mention self-righteous.?

?You?re wrong, man,? Obi-Wan said, shaking his head. *I can?t believe I said ?man?!* ?There?s something deep about her. It?s just a face.?

?Yeah, whatever,? Ane laughed. The halls began to empty.

?No, I?m serious.?

?If you?re so sure, let?s make a bet. You and Callista Starlove have to be a true couple by prom time.?

Obi-Wan stopped and faced him. ?Okay, I?ll take that bet.?

Ane turned and laughed, jogging down the hall and finding his ?door?.

?Cut!?

The set was abuzz again. Vince stood up from his chair. ?Good, Obi-Wan, Ane. You learn your lines well. Now, Cali, we?re going to run through your shot again. Try not to look so peeved.?

Cali, who had been looking quite displeased, scowled. ?Yeah, sure.?

?This is *acting*.?

A fake, cheery smile plastered her face. ?Oh *boy*! I?m, like, SO EXCITED to be back at school! Go team!?

?That?s the spirit. Places!?

As Cali hurried to her spot, she passed Obi-Wan and whispered, ?There?s going to be a very dead director real soon.?

After a few more takes, a break was called. Several were dismissed until the next take that they we

21. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    ?You?re wrong, man,? Obi-Wan said, shaking his head. *I can?t believe I said ?man?!* ?There?s something deep about her. It?s just a face.?

Poor Obi-Wan!!!! Just because he had to say that one line! Gag me with a soup spoon!!

Wonderful stuff, Amidolee!

22. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Thanks, HAL! I wish ya didn't have ta leave this week :( I'll try to have lots of torture up by the time you get back! :)

23. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Hey, guys and girls, I'm at a conflict of interest. See, there's a bunch of other stories I wanna do, too, and right now one of them is majorly torturing me. I can't write it because it involves Obi and Cali as another USJS AU to what happened on that massive thread.

But if I wrote it now and kept up GH, it would seriously stress my sanity (what little is left) and probably the readers as well.

So . . . would anyone be seriously heartbroken if this thread was put at a pause, wants to know what the other AU is, are they sick of O/C stuff, or would murder me in my sleep if I stopped posting for awhile?

24. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    I'd murder you while you were awake.

I hope you chose to finish this story first, I like it.

25. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    I'll have a computer available during break, Amidolee so I'll check in periodically on this hilarious thread of yours! And yes, I expect major torture! Hee, hee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.