Galaxy of Fear

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Project_Starscream, Nov 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Project_Starscream Jedi Knight

star 2
    What do you think of the Galaxy of Fear book series? I liked it (in case you haven't notice by looking at my name), too bad they stopped it just when it got interesting.
  2. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I never read any; how many books were there? Who were they by? And... uh, what were they about? I have no idea.
  3. Domenic Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would also like to know. I never read them, mainly because they were designed almost exclusively for kids and were not mainstream (like the YJK series). Please inform us! :)
  4. Project_Starscream Jedi Knight

star 2
    There was twelve books & they were about Tash Tarranda, Zak Tarranda, (children from Alderaan with a talent for the Force) & their Uncle Hoole (a Shi'do) who end up interfering in a Imperial Experiment know as Project Starscream (for the first 6 books) so they spend the next 6 books hiding from the Empire until they join the rebels. The book series starts 6 months after A New Hope & ends with the start of the Empire Strikes Back. I can give you more info on each individual book if you want.
  5. Domenic Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you! That's just what I needed...
  6. RogueJaina Jedi Master

star 4
    I got a good laugh out of them. They fit into the "adult" books much better than "The Glove of Darth Vader" and all that other continuity-defying junk, and were better written, so I didn't really have a problem with them. Decent read, as far as kids' books go.
  7. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    There's not much, if none at all that are actually continuity defying just check out what WOTC is doing with continuity linking.
  8. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I read one. Spore I think it was called. It was cool especially cause it had Thrawn.
  9. Project_Starscream Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here are all the OT/EU cameos (in case anyone wants them)

*WARNING DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SUPRISED*

Eaten Alive: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, & Darth Vader

City of the Dead: Dr. Evazan, Boba Fett, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Chewbacca, C-3PO, & R2-D2

Planet Plague: Wedge Antilles & Emperor Palpatine

The Nightmare Machine: Lando Calrissian

Ghost of the Jedi: Dannik Jerrico, Darth Vader, & Jabba the Hutt

Army of Terror: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Darth Vader, Chewbacca, C-3PO, & R2-D2

The Brain Spiders: Jabba the Hutt, Bib Fortuna, & Boba Fett

The Swarm: Captain Thrawn

Spore: Jerec

The Doomsday Ship: Dash Rendar

Clones: Darth Vader

The Hunger: Yoda, Boba Fett, & Darth Vader
  10. JediLaw Force Ghost

star 3
    *sniff sniff* I smell a continuity/canon debate coming on . . .

the sharks sense blood! the sharks sense blood!! Run for your lives!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Draco_Starcloud Jedi Knight

star 2
    Do I smell...blood?

I read the first four books, but the other 8 sound good too.

I wanna read the one with Thrawn!

Edit: Hoole and his nice and nephew get mentioned in the Essential Guide to Alien Races. There's even a Shi'ido entry in there.

And whatever happened to Borborygmus Gogg and Project Starscream? Did Gogg die trying to get his new Transformer away from Darth Vader? *wink wink*
  12. LawgSkrak Force Ghost

star 4
    I bet the Arranda kids pop up in NJO eventually
  13. Project_Starscream Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here's a summary of Eaten Alive

*WARNING CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS*

This book starts up with a scientist that tells Darth Vader about his new experiment, here's a quote (may not be exact)

Vader: Do not overestimate your experiment, remember what happened to the Death Star
    Scientist: Ha the Death Star was a toy compared to what I'm doing, I control the power of life!

Well anyway the book moves un to Tash & Zak who's parents were killed when Aldraan was destroyed. They go with their Uncle Hoole to D'Vouran because he wants to study the mysterious planet (he's an antropologist). When they arived they meet the seemingly friendly natives called the Enzee (I think). They go to the space port & run into Smada the Hutt but they get saved by Luke & company (sorry I don't feel like typing out all their names, besides I think you know who I'm talking about). Tash meets a suposedly crazy guy from the original ship that found the planet. He claims people are disappearing. After several incidents with Smada's thug's & the Enzee (they are not as friendly as they seemed despite the fact they almost always smile they have razor sharp fangs). They find out the planet eats people & the Enzee get Tash, Zak, & Smada & take them to the planet's core (cause that's where it eats them). They manage to escape on Zak's hoverboard but an Enzee falls in the core (& he's wearing a special force field device that the suposedly crazy guy was wearing). There's a strange reaction to this & the planet starts to... well eat itself (I don't know how else to say it, it just starts to get pulled into itself). Zak, Tash, & Hoole (he went to the core when they were about to be thrown in) try to escape in their ship but it starts to sink. Luke & company fly down on the Mellinium Falcon & rescue them. The planet gets angry & chases after the falcon but it escapes into Hyperspace. The planets completely desolves into itself. Later on the planet reappears in some other place, it turns of that it wasn't destroyed but now its spinning wildly out of control.

*phew* that took longer then I thought it would! Maybe I'll summarize the others... maybe
  14. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    Er, most of us don't really care for them...

Of the 5 I read, a couple were really good, and a couple were boring.

There's far better out there.
  15. Ornitier Jedi Knight

star 1
    I read them all and while amazingly similar for most of them, they were entertaining. The thing I wonder about is what happened to the characters. What's going on in these is believable to an extent, and then tehy could almost fit in. By this point of EU they'd be about 30-40? Large range but then it would be good to draw on some older EU characters just for closure, as long as they don't just kill them off...
  16. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    EG to aliens species actually filled in on a small bit of what the arranda's did after galaxy of fear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.