main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy Series #1: A Changing Galaxy. AU post-TPM. (Ani-bashing ahead, an interesting story ensues).

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah Jaded, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah Jaded

Leah Jaded Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2002
    A Changing Galaxy
    by Leah_Jade87
    Summary: Major AU, starting at the end of Ep 1. The death of one person, and the life of another, will change the course of history for the entire galaxy. Warning: Major Ani-bashing ahead. I do not like The Brat, and as the story goes on, you will see that.
    AN: Most of the first part of this storyline is taken out of the end of the TPM novel by Patricia C. Wrede, with some of my own stuff added in, but it is not an exact copy of it, I?ve just used the novel as a guide. But the story will progress, and you guys should like it. This is going to be a long story; in fact it should turn into a series. I intend to show the entire story of how the Galaxy has changed.
    Disclaimer: Look, if you don't know who owns Star Wars by now, then you don't know much at all. George Lucas owns it all except my changed plot line. As if I'd try to challenge the greatness of George. As if anyone would! Oh, and anything you recognise from the novel by Patricia C. Wrede is hers.

2. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 1: Many Meetings

"Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi." With these few words Qui-Gon introduced the soon-to-be knight to the boy whom he hoped would someday become a great Jedi Knight.

?Pleased to meet you,? the boy said politely. As he turned to shake hands, he looked straight at Obi-Wan for the first time. His eyes widened. ?Wow! You?re a Jedi, too??

The boy?s enthusiasm was hard for Obi-Wan to resist. But what is Qui-Gon thinking, to get a child mixed up in the middle of a mission? And what will he do with the boy once we get to Coruscant? Obi-Wan studied Anakin doubtfully. I don?t know about this. I just don?t know.

?What are you going to do with the boy?? Obi-Wan asked his master a couple of hours later.

?Anakin is very strong in the Force, Obi-Wan. I think he needs to be trained at the temple,? Qui-Gon replied.

?Trained? To become a Jedi?? Obi-Wan asked. ?But he is too old, master. The council will never agree to his training. They don?t even accept children more than three years old. Anakin is nine. They will never accept him.?

?Don?t you see, Obi-Wan? He is so strong in the Force. If he is not trained... He must be trained Obi-Wan. It is most important.?

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan said reluctantly.

The Naboo cruiser descended into the atmosphere of the city-planet of Coruscant. Given a choice, Obi-Wan preferred the open spaces of a planet like Tatooine. But Coruscant was the capital of the Galactic Republic, and the home of the Jedi Temple. And we?re lucky we made it back, he thought as Ric Olie landed the spaceship.

Supreme Chancellor Valorum, current leader of the Republic Senate, was waiting for the Queen on the landing platform. With him was Senator Palpatine, the Naboo representative. The Chancellor was a thin, white-haired man with an air of nervous tension. In contrast, Palpatine stood calm and smiling in his blue Senatorial robes.

Palpatine greeted Queen Amidala smoothly, and presented the Chancellor. ?Welcome, Your Highness,? Valorum said. ?It is an honour to finally meet you in person. I must tell you how distressed everyone is over the current situation. I?ve called a special session of the Senate to hear your position.?

?I am grateful for your concern, Chancellor,? Amidala said, inclining her head gracefully.

Courtesies over, Palpatine motioned Amidala and her guards and handmaidens toward an air taxi at the far end of the platform. The Queen motioned to Jar Jar and Anakin, and the two followed obediently. As they started off, Obi-Wan heard Palpatine say something about procedures. He shook his head ruefully. She?s barely arrived, and he?s already talking politics. Well, I suppose that?s why she came.

As the air taxi pulled away, Qui-Gon turned to the Supreme Chancellor. ?I must speak with the Jedi Council immediately, Your Honour,? he said. ?The situation has become . . . more complicated.?

The Jedi Council chambers were located at the peak of the Jedi Temple, just below it?s crowning spire. The glass walls of the circular room looked out over Coruscant in all directions, interrupted only by the great pillars that supported the spire above. Qui-Gon had been there often over the years, to report on his various missions. Now he and Obi-Wan stood once more before the Jedi Council - twelve Jedi from different planets and different species who guided the whole Jedi Order. This time, Qui-Gon?s report to them was different. He touched only briefly on the events on Naboo and the Podrace, but he described the fight on the Tatooine dunes in great detail. Then he finished, ?My only conclusion can be that it was a Sith Lord.?

There was an instant silence. The issue was debated much among the Council members. Many didn?t believe the Sith could come back without their knowledge. Eventually they agreed that they would have to find out the attacker?s identity, and that the Queen was the target.

Yoda turned toward Qui-Gon. ?With this Naboo Queen you must stay, Qui-Gon. Protect her.?

?We will do our best

3. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 3: Endings

It was a somber group that gathered around the small funeral pyre one week later. Obi-Wan stood in quiet contemplation, his Master stood deep in thought and sorrow. The Queen of Naboo situated herself by the head of the young boy who lay on the pyre. They had decided to give him a traditional Jedi burial since he would have been a Jedi if he hadn?t died. A large crowd of people watched at a distance ? they had come to pay their respects to the young hero of Naboo.

A lone figure stood opposite the young Queen. No one approached here with words of condolence ? they didn?t know what to say. After her young son had died for them, the people of Naboo thought it was the least they could do to free Shmi Skywalker. The middle-aged woman would live out the rest of her days in a nice town house near the Royal Palace.

Qui-Gon Jinn approached the grieving woman slowly. ?I am deeply sorry that I didn?t keep my promise. I told you Anakin would stay with me, that he would be safe. That wasn?t the case.?

?Please do not blame yourself, Master Jinn. I?m sure you did everything you could to keep Anakin safe. I don?t think you broke your promise. And Anakin died helping people. It?s how he would have wanted to go. I knew I would probably never see him again when I let him go. But I had to let him see the galaxy. I couldn?t make him stay on Tatooine forever.?

?Nevertheless, please accept my condolences, and know that I grieve as well. I grew quite fond of Anakin in the time that I knew him.?

?Thank you,? Shmi said sincerely.

Their attention was called back to the ceremony as the funeral pyre was lit. That night, all those gathered mourned the death of the young hero of Naboo.

(AN: That was the most disgusting bit of dribble I have ever had to write. But it needed to be written, to link the pieces of the story together. I think I have already expressed my anti-Ani views ? I don?t like his character. I want you to know that all of those nice views on Anakin expressed by the characters in this story are not shared by me.)

Chapter 4: New Beginnings

It was not long after the funeral of Anakin Skywalker and the celebrations on Naboo, but again Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, Master and Padawan, stood before the twelve members of the Jedi Council. Obi-Wan shifted nervously; they had been standing there for five minutes and none of the Council Members had said a word. Finally Yoda spoke. ?A dangerous warrior, your opponent was. A Sith he was, no doubts we have about that. A difficult fight it was.?

?You showed great skill in fighting your opponent, Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Council believes you are ready for the next step in your life as a Jedi. We wish for you to take the Trials.?

Shock blossomed on the young man?s face, quickly covered up with the stoic mask of a Jedi. ?Yes, Masters,? he said finally.

?We are glad you agree. You will take the trials in three days. I trust this will be enough time for you to prepare??

?Yes, Masters,? the Padawan repeated. Those two words seemed to be all he was capable of right now. The Council thinks I?m ready! he thought. I?m going to be a Knight.

?Go you may,? Yoda told them. ?The Force be with you.?

The two robed figures in the middle of the room bowed and exited the chambers. As the doors closed behind them, the usually emotionless Padawan allowed a smile to grace his features.

?Master, the Council is letting me take the trials. I?m going to be a Knight,? he said with satisfaction.

?I?m very happy for you Obi-Wan. You have been a good apprentice, and you will make a fine Jedi Knight.? The Master gave his Padawan a proud smile of his own.

?Thank you, Master,? the Padawan replied.

?Now, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said, ?You should use the time the Council gave you, and prepare for your trials.?

?You?re right,? Obi-Wan said. ?I have to be ready. I only have three days!?

?You?ll be fine, Padawan.?

*~*~*~*~*

The day of the trials arrived, and Obi-Wan was tested by the Masters of the Council in dueling, telekinesis, hand

4. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 6: Gone Away

Obi-Wan sat in a seat near the back of the passenger ship en route to the Corellian sector. The council had sent him on a diplomatic mission to negotiate a peace treaty between several of the smaller planets of the sector. It was a petty disagreement of the sort quite usual for this type of sector ? none of the planets could see eye to eye on the issues of trade, tourism, or territory rights. He expected this to be rather boring.

Obi-Wan sighed. He had hoped that the Council would trust him with something of more importance for his first mission as a Knight. If he couldn?t have an interesting mission, he would rather stay at the Temple and catch up with his friends, whom he had hardly even seen these past five years. It didn?t matter how many times his Master had used to tell him that all missions, big and small, were important, this wasn?t what he?d had in mind of the type of missions he?d be going on once he was a Knight. It was understandable that as an apprentice he?d been sent with his Master on so many diplomatic missions for training, and because they weren?t so dangerous. But now? Obi-Wan didn?t know what to think.

He was ripped from his reverie as the captain?s voice came over the intercom, informing them that they were about to land on the planet Marin Minor. Realising this was his stop, Obi-Wan got up and headed towards the hatch. Only two other people headed in the same direction. Obviously not a very popular planet, Obi-Wan thought to himself.

Exiting the craft, he looked around the spaceport for a transport. Spotting the main road, he went over and hailed an air taxi. Obi-Wan hopped in and asked the pilot to take him to the governor?s residence on the other side of the city, and the pilot sped off.

~*~*~*~*~

Twenty minutes later Obi-Wan arrived at the sprawling governor?s residence. The huge and showy mansion stood at the top of a small hill, overlooking the large block of land set aside for the governor. Stepping out of the taxi, he turned and thanked the pilot, then started up the long walkway to the main entry.

Entering the large residence, the Jedi Knight was somewhat surprised to be greeted genuinely and enthusiastically by a tall man in flowing royal blue robes. From the information that the council had given him, he knew exactly who this man was: the governor. Looks can be deceiving, as the old saying goes, he thought to himself. Gathering his wits, Obi-Wan bowed low to the man. ?Governor Sarran, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Knight.?

?Yes, so they tell me. It is so good of you to get here so soon. We are at the end of line as far as this disagreement goes. It is about to turn into all-out war. Without your mediation? there would be no more peace.?

?I certainly hope I can help you negotiate a treaty that is agreeable for all involved.?

?As do I,? the governor replied. ?Please, I am sure your journey has been long and tiring. Come and enjoy our hospitality, and we will start the talks this afternoon.?

?Of course,? Obi-Wan replied. Well, he thought to himself, it?s certainly been a day for surprises. I come in expecting an arrogant, showy, disagreeable politician, and I find a genuine, humble, friendly leader. What other surprises will they spring on me? Perhaps these talks wouldn?t be so bad after all.

*~*~*~*~*

The peace talks ran smoothly from the very start. Now that?s unusual, Obi-Wan thought. Usually these political types lived for arguing. But it seemed that all this group needed was for someone to come up with a plausible arrangement. Obi-Wan negotiated a fair treaty, and all the leaders were quick to sign it. A banquet was organised for that night to celebrate.

Now if that wasn?t the easiest mission ever. Obi-Wan was quite proud of himself. His first mission as a Knight, and he?d sorted it out on the very first day. His transport was scheduled to leave forty minutes after the banquet finished. That gave him just enough time to gather his things and give hi

5. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 8: A Stuffy Apartment And That Meddling Troll

After walking for twenty minutes, Obi-Wan finally stopped in front of the apartment door. He couldn?t believe his room would be this far down, but the sign on the door proved it: Room 1982 ? Kenobi. Sighing, he slotted the key card into the lock and pushed. On the fourth try the door finally budged and he shoved his way through. ?At least it opens eventually,? he muttered under his breath. Closing the door behind him and leaving his small travel bag at the door, he brought the lights up, sighting the interior of his new apartment for the first time.

It was, to say the least, not what he?d expected. He hadn?t had time to move into his new apartment before he left on his mission, so his things had been put in storage until his room was organised, and then stowed in the apartment to await his arrival. The apartment itself was hardly bigger than the room he?d had in Qui-Gon?s apartment as a padawan. It had one main room with a small table and a couch, with a small bedroom and tiny refresher off to the side. The sitting room, he suspected, would not hold more than three people without being crowded. So much for twelve years of service to the Jedi.

All of the padawans would talk of becoming a knight and of all the perks associated. He remembered discussing with Garen and Reeft about having bigger apartments, more authority, more freedom. He had yet to be proved right in those ideas. He knew there had to be some perks of being a knight, but he hadn?t come across them yet.

Moving to the wall he stared in disbelief at what he saw. Instead of a balcony like he was used to, all he saw was a window. A small one. With a small curtain to cover it, not that it was needed. It was almost too high for him to be able to see out of. Sighing again, he moved to sit down on the sleep couch. This was not his day. Slowly he removed his boots and outer tunic, preparing for a short nap before dinner. He lay down and closed his eyes. He had two hours before dinner, and then he could fit in a couple hours saber practice and finish for the night. He certainly needed some sleep after that annoying council meeting. He just had to calm his mind and-

The loud beeping of the comm in the next room interrupted his thoughts. Slowly he got up and went to answer it. There goes that nap, he thought as he answered.

?There you are!? Bant?s cheerful voice came across the comm unit. ?I heard you were back. I just wanted to make sure you settled in okay. How?s the new apartment??

?Lousy,? Obi-Wan answered with just a hint of irritation in his voice. He?d been looking forward to that nap.

?Aren?t we grumpy this afternoon,? Bant scolded. ?I just called to make sure you got in okay, and all you can do is complain.?

?I?m sorry, but I just had a rather long session with the council, and I was looking forward to some rest. A conversation with you wasn?t exactly what I was most looking forward to.?

?It?s a good thing for you that I know you didn?t mean that. That?s no way to treat your best friend! Besides, I needed to tell you that we?re all meeting for dinner at the cafeteria tonight. Don?t be late! We have things discuss. I?m going now before you bite my head off again. Have a nice nap now. Bye!? The machine clicked off and silence returned. Obi-Wan breathed a sigh of relief. Bant was his best friend, and he loved her dearly, but sometimes she could just go on and on, and all he wanted to do was sleep. Now maybe he could.

He started for his room again, but today just wasn?t his day. The insistent beeping of the comm again broke the silence, and for a minute he considered ignoring it. Then he realised that it could be one of the Masters, and he knew he couldn?t ignore one of them without some trouble. Wishing he didn?t have to, Obi-Wan answered the comm.

?There you are, Knight Kenobi. Starting to think you?d never answer, I was,? Yoda?s gravelly voice erupted from the comm. ?Need to talk to you, I do. Meet me you should, in the meditation

6. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002

Chapter 11: Something Inside

The young initiate crept along the Temple hallway. He made a conscious effort to be as silent as possible, not making a sound. He knew if he were to be caught then he would be in huge trouble.

Darin sighed. Things just weren?t that easy. Glancing around the darkened hallway, he made certain that he was alone, then silently continued on his journey. The initiate supervisor was going to be really upset when he found out that Darin had disappeared again, but there was nothing he could do about it. Darin simply could not sleep, and he was keeping the other initiates up while he was at it. If he was going to be awake anyway, he may as well do something useful.

So the boy continued toward the training room hoping more than anything that he wouldn?t be caught. The ten-year-old needed this practice time. He was well above the other initiates his age in his History, Mathematics, and Basic language classes, but his saber skills were nowhere near where they should be. He knew he would never be chosen as an apprentice if he didn?t show massive improvement, and soon.

As he approached the small training room, he cast out on the Force, making sure there was no one there. After all, he didn?t want to be caught. But he felt no one in his close vicinity, as most of the Temple?s inhabitants were fast asleep. Satisfied that he was alone, Darin continued into the room?

And stopped short at the sight of the Knight occupying the room, moving through an advanced kata. The ginger-haired Jedi halted in mid-movement as he noticed the young initiate that had interrupted his solitary practise.

For a moment, Obi-Wan just stared at the little boy. Then he asked gently, ?Isn?t it a little late for you to be up, my young friend??

Darin bristled. ?I am not young,? he replied defiantly. ?I turned ten last month.?

?Alright then, my old friend,? Obi-Wan answered with a grin. ?But you still haven?t answered my question.?

?I couldn?t sleep,? the boy said in defence. ?So I thought I?d come and practise,? he explained, holding up his training saber.

?Oh,? the Knight said. ?Darin, isn?t it?? The boy nodded. ?Well, Darin, since we?re both here, why don?t we go through some training together??

The boy looked up in awe. ?Really? You want to practise with me?

?Why not? But as soon as we?re finished you?re to go back to the dorms. You should be asleep.? Obi-Wan told him.

Darin nodded obediently. For this chance, he would do whatever was asked of him. Obi-Wan accepted this with a slight nod. ?Okay,? he said, ?let?s get started.?

For over two hours they worked on every move and defence Darin knew, not stopping even for a short break. Obi-Wan could see the improvement in the initiate, but he could also see that the young boy was exhausted, so he decided to end the session.

?Okay,? he told Darin. ?We?d better get you back to your dorm. That?s enough for tonight.? He glanced at his chrono and realised with a start just how late it was. ?Sith! It?s really late. Your supervisor is going to be very upset.?

The initiate trailed after Obi-Wan, but he really didn?t care how late he was. The session had really paid off, and he?d gotten to spar with a real Knight! He didn?t care how much trouble he got in, it was definitely worth it.

The Jedi Knight, however, wasn?t sure what to think of the session. He had enjoyed working with the initiate, certainly, but he didn?t want to get too close to this boy. He didn?t want a padawan, or not for a long time, anyway. It was as if the Force were trying to match him up with this boy, but no matter what he knew he would resist it. He wasn?t looking for something like that at this point in time.

They soon reached the initiate dorms, and Obi-Wan was not surprised to find a disgruntled supervising Master waiting for them at the entrance. The Master glared at them both for a moment, then asked in a stern tone, ?And just where have you been all this time, Darin Shent??

Before Darin could

7. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 13: The Small One

Yoda slowly hobbled through the meditation gardens, making his way towards his spot under the yawen tree. He was halfway there when he stopped, and looked around. This early in the morning he was usually the only one in here, but sure enough, glancing to the left of the path he saw a small initiate nestled against a rock beside the lake. With a sigh he approached the young boy ? his meditation would have to wait.

?For initiates to be wandering the Temple, early it is, yes?? he asked the small form. Darin jumped visibly at the sound of the Master?s voice: he hadn?t heard anyone approaching.

Gathering himself, the young boy straightened and bowed. ?Yes, Master Yoda,? he said solemnly. ?I woke up early and couldn?t get back to sleep, so I decided to come and meditate.?

?Trouble you will be in,? Yoda replied, ?if catch you your supervisor does.? He smiled at the boy, trying not to upset him.

?No,? Darin responded. ?I asked Master Kaler before I left. This time,? he added under his breath.

?Hmm,? Yoda considered him for a moment. ?A habit of sneaking away, you have??

?No!? Darin said defensively. ?I don?t sneak away. Not often, anyway. And I don?t do it to be bad, I?m not trying to misbehave, I just can?t sleep. I only want to be doing something instead of just lying awake at night, I didn?t mean to get in trouble. I didn?t mean to cause trouble for Knight Kenobi or Master Kaler or anybody. I?m sorry!?

The boy was clearly upset, so Yoda backed down and tried to calm him. ?Be not sorry,? he told him. ?Mean to press you or chastise you I did not. Looking for explanation, I was. Think you caused trouble for Knight Kenobi, why, hmm??

?I was up late a few nights ago, couldn?t sleep, so I went to a training room to do some saber practise. I didn?t think anyone was in there, couldn?t sense them anyway, so I went in and Knight Kenobi was in there, and I interrupted him. He was really nice, and he helped me go through my exercises, but I know I interrupted him, and I caused trouble with Master Kaler for him, too.?

?Sure he did not mind, I am. Offer, he would not, if spend time with you he did not want. Be upset, you should not.?

The boy had calmed down a lot now, and was no longer in such an agitated state. ?Yes, Master Yoda,? he said. He was silent for a moment, then he said softly, ?I don?t mean to cause trouble. I don?t mean to be a problem.?

?A problem you are not. Not your fault this is,? the small troll assured him. The boy just looked at him with sadness in his eyes.

~*~*~*~*~

Later that morning Obi-Wan stumbled into the garden seeking Yoda. No doubt the troll knew of his inner turmoil, and the Knight desperately needed his counsel. He strode with a new purpose towards the old Master?s favourite meditation spot.

He was not surprised to find Yoda there. The Councillor was nearly always found in the meditation gardens in that spot during the mornings. With his responsibilities on the Council, he rarely had an afternoon or evening to himself.

The troll looked up in annoyance when the Knight came into view. These days in seemed he could never get any peace. ?Interrupting my meditation always someone is,? he stated. ?Important, I hope this is.?

?Yes, Master,? the ginger Jedi replied, kneeling in front of Yoda. ?Yoda, I don?t know what to do. I?ve always said that I would wait a few years after I was Knighted before I took an apprentice. And now? this initiate? and I don?t know what to do? I?m so confused!?

?Met a potential apprentice, you have? Why a problem this is? Happy you should be.? Yoda gazed thoughtfully at the knight for a moment, before further probing, ?Not pleased about this you are, I think. Why??

?Master Yoda, it?s not that I don?t want to take an apprentice ? I mean, I do eventually. But I just thought I wouldn?t have to think about it yet. This kid just gets to me, and seems to know exactly what I?m feeling, and exactly where I am at all times. It?s just so? peculiar. I can?t explain it.?

?Of things you do no

8. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I like this. :D :D :D

You're descriptions are good, I like these new apprentices (soon to be, in Darin's case, it seems), and ANAKIN IS DEAD! :D Only there wasn't enough Ani bashing . . . :( 8-}

Looking forward to more, Leah_Jade87. Are you going to post again soon? :)

9. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    I hope to be posting within the next couple of days. I'm working on the next chapter right now, and in the next few weeks there should be a lot of updates since I have two weeks of free stuff coming up. Please keep reading and telling me what you think! :D

10. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Okay, here's another chapter. Um... Oh, to hell with the message, just read the story.

11. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 15: Healers and Bacta

Qui-Gon rushed through the halls of the healing centre towards his Padawan?s room. He hadn?t left the ward since his Padawan had been admitted two days ago, but the healers had ordered him back to his apartment for food and rest. He had gotten both, but spent only the minimum amount of time requested by Master Healer Bardon before coming back to his apprentice.

They had pulled her out of bacta this morning, and now he could sense through their quickly forming bond that she would soon be conscious again. He instinctively quickened his pace, wanting to be there when she awoke.

He was just outside the door to her room when the Master Healer himself blocked his way. Looking down into the older man?s face, he asked with a puzzled voice, ?What?s wrong? I was just coming to see Lea. She should be waking up soon.?

?There?s nothing wrong. Lea won?t be waking up for a few moments yet, and I wanted to talk to you first about her condition.? Qui-Gon nodded for the healer to continue, so he went on. ?Now the break to her collar bone was pretty bad. The bacta healed the bone reasonably well, but her arm still isn?t a hundred percent, so I want her to take it easy for the next week or so. That means no training for the next couple of days, and after that keep it gentle for the first few days. I?m willing to release her from here tomorrow, but only on the condition that you follow my instructions exactly, do I make myself clear??

?Of course,? the Jedi Master answered. ?I understand. Can I see her now??

?You may. But I want her to rest Jinn, all right??

The Master nodded brusquely and headed into the small room. Lea was sleeping peacefully on a sleep couch in the middle of the room, hooked up to several monitors. It was upsetting to see his new apprentice in such a state, especially since she was so young. He moved to sit in the chair next to her bed, and took her small hand in his large one. He sat there studying her face, and almost immediately she began to wake up.

Her eyelids fluttered and slowly opened. She glanced around the room, trying to get her bearings. Thoroughly confused, she turned back to the greying Master sitting at her bedside. Removing the oxygen mask from her face, she asked, ?Master? Where am I??

He took his time to answer, reaching over to replace the oxygen mask over her mouth and nose. ?You?re at the Jedi Temple, in the Healing Centre.? She nodded slowly, the memories flooding back in a rush. She tried to take the mask off again to speak, but her Master stayed her hand. ?The Healers want you to keep this on, to help you breathe.? She rolled her eyes until she caught the look her Master sent her. ?It?s only for a little while. Master Bardon will be here in a moment to check on you.

As if summoned by Qui-Gon?s words, the Master Healer walked into the small room. ?You?re awake,? he addressed her. ?That?s very good. All right, you?re probably wondering what?s wrong. Your collarbone was broken, a bad break, but we put you in bacta, and it?s pretty much healed now. But it?s not healed completely. You?ll have to keep your arm in a sling for a couple of days, and limit activity with that arm. Now, did you want me to take that oxygen mask off?? Lea glared at him, and the Healer laughed. ?I?ll take that as a yes.?

Bardon moved to her side and removed the mask. As he examined her arm, he continued to talk. ?You?re very lucky, you know. The damage could have been much worse. If the break had been any closer to the nerve there would have been irreversible harm, and you would have lost some control of the arm.?

?So can I leave here now?? she asked. ?You said you?ve done what you can, so I should be able to go back to the apartment, right??

?Well,? the Healer replied slowly, ?it?s true that we?ve mostly finished with your treatment, but I?d still like to keep you in here a little longer. You must have hit your head at some point, because you had a concussion when I first examined you. I think we?ll keep you here for observation just

12. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Okay, I really need to know if anyone one is reading this and, if so, what they think. I ask because of - I'm thinking of not continuing with this fic. But if even one person is reading it I won't because I personally hate it when an author just stops a story in the middle when I'm reading it and I want to find out what happens... anyway. Tell me what you think, even just a 'I'm reading it' will do. Here's the next two chapters.

13. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    Chapter 16: Mission to Myrat

Once again Obi-Wan stood in front of the Jedi High Council, waiting to receive a briefing on his next mission. He could only hope it was nothing like his previous assignment. While he was satisfied with the outcome of the mission, he found it to be slightly? mild, compared to what he was used to. Although, he supposed, he was only a new knight, inexperienced compared to others of his rank, and he could hardly expect the Council to give him any of the most important and dangerous missions first up.

After a moment, Yoda started the meeting, addressing Obi-Wan slowly, ?Knight Kenobi. Mission for you we have. To Myrat you go.?

?Myrat is a planet in the mid rim of the galaxy,? Master Windu took up the explanation. ?You will go in undercover. You are familiar with the situation with the Trade Federation.? At Obi-Wan?s nod, he continued, ?That makes you ideal for this mission. The Trade Federation were ordered by the Senate that they were not allowed to build another droid army. The Chancellor has reason to believe they are disobeying this order.?

?You will go to the Trade Federation?s installation on Myrat,? Plo Koon told him. ?You are to investigate and find out the exact purpose of the facility. Determine what they are doing there, and then contact us with your information. If the facility is producing droids, the Senate will send a team, and you will help them destroy it. Do you understand your mission??

Obi-Wan bowed. ?Yes, masters.?

Mace handed him a data pad. ?Here is the mission data, your ship is waiting on the docking level. May the Force be with you. Go.? The ginger-haired Knight bowed once more and left.

~*~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan Kenobi crept around the side of the huge Trade Federtaion building, looking for a way in. Now this is more like it, he thought to himself. Glancing up, he caught sight of a small window about two meters up. Perfect.

Grabbing his cable launcher from the utility belt around his waist, he pointed it upwards, looking around and casting out with the Force to make sure he was completely alone. Luck was with him. It seemed the Trade Federation wasn?t bothering with exterior security in this latest installation, apart from those guards on duty at the gate. He would have to be careful ? the security on the inside must?ve been tight.

Trying to make as little noise as possible, he aimed the cable launcher at the window ledge and fired. His aim was perfect, and the grappling hook landed neatly and securely in the middle of the ledge. Glancing around and casting out once more, and testing to see that the line would hold his weight, Obi-Wan pressed the trigger and ascended slowly to the ledge.

He peered cautiously inside the building before dropping lightly to the floor. It was nighttime, so there would be no one working in here, but that didn?t mean that there wouldn?t be security, especially if this place was what the Council suspected it was.

The Knight appeared to be in some sort of small storage room. There was nothing that told him what the building?s use was, so he moved on. The next room was huge, and contained evidence that gave Obi-Wan an inkling that the Council was probably right. The room contained mechanical arms, legs, and other artificial body parts. Dreading what he would find, he moved on.

In the next room was what looked like an assembly line, non-moving, obviously shut down for the day. Parts from the previous room waited along different points of the conveyor belt. At the end, several mechanical beings that could only be battle droids were almost completely assembled, decked out in armour and needing only weapons and a coat of paint before they were fully finished.

Shuddering, he moved into the largest part of the ?factory? ? for, as he had discovered, that was what it was ? knowing full well what he would find.

His worst fears were proved to be correct. Rows of droids ? thousands of them ? filled the room, ready to go, just waiting to be put to work for their masters.

The ginger-haired Knight ste

14. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    I was going to post another chapter today, but I haven't quite finished it yet. It will probably be here tomorrow, however, so if anyone is still reading this, I promise there will be another chapter here within the next few days. That will just have to be enough for now.

15. Leah Jaded

Feb 23, 2002
    I was going to post another chapter today, but I haven't quite finished it yet. It will probably be here tomorrow, however, so if anyone is still reading this, I promise there will be another chapter here within the next few days. That will just have to be enough for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.