main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxyfest: Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Dec 24, 2012.

1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    We have been invited by Hugh to share the space with the Mountain Base again this year. Who all is planning on going? Kim and I are thinking about it.

2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am not planning on attending this year.

3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'm definitely going. I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday. Zombie Crawl is Thursday 3:00pm (I'll be in Umbrella Corp stuff). I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday Friday night. My droids will be there (still working on where the droids will go). I'll be getting the room reservation on Jan 6th for checkin Thursday, checkout Sunday (website says the $89 convention rate is good only if booked by Jan 8th). Does anybody want to share a room with me? Desperately looking for roomates. It is a fun little convention with a little bit of everything.

4. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We won't be attending this year

5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I dunno if I'm up for it; money is tight. I don't even remember the dates.

6. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Feb 8-10, with Zombie crawl on the 7th. Weekend after Superbowl, so it doesn't interfere with that. Antler's Inn in Colorado Springs. $45 3-day pass. Jawa Jaka's 50th Friday night.
    http://www.galaxyfest.org/
    Still need roomates.

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    That's prolly not gonna work. Zombie crawl would be my birthday, so that's my birthday weekend.

8. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    Jeff, thanks for creating this thread.

Last year at Galaxy Fest, it was great sharing the space with the RMFF. Helping each other, along with the R2 builders, covering our tables so those working the table could check out the event is something I hope we can do again this year. Our fan table has been approved. So far there are four SW clubs participating, RL, MM, R2 and 501st.

Unlike some of the other cons/events, this event is non-profit and supports the Colorado Literacy Foundation (www.ColoradoLiteracyFoundation.org) - Non Profit Public Charity dedicated to enhancing, enriching, and promoting literacy in all forms.

Hope we can have a repeat of last year’s event.

9. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Just a reminder, this is not part of planning, but a request for roomates.

I just booked a room at the Antler's hotel for check-in Feb 7 Thursday, check-out Feb 10 Sunday. It is a queen bed since that's all they have left (I did request two beds, and if they have one at check-in they'll accommodate). The total bill for the entire stay is $292.10. They also offered me an upgrade to a king bed in a larger room for $10 extra if available at check-in. I'm willing to pay the extra $30 for an upgrade for the larger room (more room for totes!). I'll be bringing my cot as well, so if anybody needs a place to crash please let me know. I do have 72 hours to cancel, but with today as the deadline for the convention rate of $89 per night, and with the convention block being almost sold out, I decided to go ahead and book the room anyway. I'm hoping to host my 50th birthday party in it either Friday or Saturday night (still kinda planning it, but everyone is invited).

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I haven't decided whether I'm going yet, but it was fun helping out with RMFF/RL and DCC last year.

11. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I will be going but Kim is not. I may need a room mate.

12. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Darn that Kim isn't coming. I'll just have to stash some extra R2 cookies into your suitcase to take back to her. I'll be glad to have you as a room mate...

13. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    For planning purposes, what time will the RMFF be at the event? I will be there Friday only (from 1PM – closing). Darth Hair will be there Friday evening on (through Sunday).

14. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I will also be there Friday through Sunday.

15. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    The 501st/MG has secured our location for GF (thank you). We will be over by the elevators.

I will be there between 12:30 – 1PM for set up. See you all there.

16. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i might be down for saturday only. i haven't decided yet.

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    So, IF we work the table, do you have to pay the full price to get into the con? I am debating...thanks.

18. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I had a few things come up and I can't make it. Can someone pick up banners and stuff?

19. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll be by later today to pick up stuff.

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    So, anyone else going to be down there this weekend?

21. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    That's what she asked!! [face_talk_hand] High five!

22. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    Ben,

Thank You sooooooooooooooo much for coming down for this event.

23. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    How was it ?

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i was there fir 2 hrs...got some nice goodies!

25. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000