main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

GalaxyFest III Feb 21-23, 2014

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by banzai, Aug 21, 2013.

1. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    http://www.galaxyfest.com/

Tickets are on sale; Fan Table Request are open

Check our their facebook page banner (under GalaxyFest 2014).

2. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    I hope some of you will be able to attend. I for one will go ahead and get a pass before the end of the month.

3. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    If there's a place for it. Antler's is being forclosed and locked up (from the grapevine: millions of dollars is owed to the bank), and the con staff doesn't have a place lined up for this yet. There may not be a GIII. So, I'm holding off until I get more details.

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    The foreclosure will result in a new owner for the hotel, but they will not be closing the hotel. No employees will loose their jobs and nothing will change with the day to day operation of the hotel. Just FYI. The building I work in was recently foreclosed too and there are no plans to relocate us.

5. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Problem is if there is a new owner, the contract for the con will not be with them, and there will probably not be enough time to draw up a new one. Glad you were able to keep your job, but that is not the norm. Usually foreclosed hotels are shutdown until someone buys it. Until then it'll be owned by the bank, and banks don't run hotels. (I'm in the hospitality industry, and foreclosed hotels are usually doomed for a time).

6. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    I have been in the finance field for over 25 year and looking forward to retirement in five. Foreclosure cases are not all the same. I am looking at my GFIII glass and it is half full.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I was just going off of the information in the newspaper. Generally the Gazette's reporting is very reliable. What are your sources?

8. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    23 years of hospitality industry experience. I don't usually believe anything the media says, thus I never read any newspaper. However, I did read the article you posted (wish you had posted it first, I live in Aurora, not in the Springs). It does say that the day-to-day business will continue under new ownership, but nothing about special events. The article is still very vague. I'm still going to wait until official word from Galaxyfest before buying any ticket, though. And I've been offered a private place to stay anyway if Galaxyfest is a go. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going (running out of money really fast and need to cut down on events).

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'm likely not going, but it looks like everything will be fine for GFIII:

""Also, Pyramid will continue to operate the hotel, which will remain a Hilton brand," he said."

banzai likes this.
  10. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
  11. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I will be in Santa Barbara that weekend, for the wedding of two super awesome people.

12. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    It looks like I'll be running the Zombie Crawl on Friday evening. I'm still getting some plans together. I've been told by the organizers that it will be at Antler's afterall, but no hotel registration yet on their website which is making me a little nervous. No matter what happens we'll have an awesome Zombie Crawl on Friday!

13. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    How was last year? They havent posted any "Guest Lists" yet.... Im thinking about going this year..

14. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Last year was a blast. There aren't really big name celebrities, just some B-lister guests which the staff is still working on. It's mainly a fan club con with an emphasis on steampunk, but has expanded into other costuming groups. The dance was quite fun, the panels are interesting (I'm on the schedule for the Droid 101 panel Sunday 11:00am to noon), and the social/room parties are great! For a somewhat small (but growing) con it's worth it to check it out. I guarantee you'll have fun.

15. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    I was able to get the days off so I'll be there all three days.

16. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    I just bought my tickets / hotel (even though I love 20 minutes away..) Its my kid free weekend :p

nnaydolem likes this.
  17. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    I have arrived! Time for some beer!

18. banzai

banzai Jedi Master

Apr 29, 1999
    My family and I had a wonderful time. GF 2015 or bust.