main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy's Reflection (An Earth Meets Star Wars, AU, Updated 06\16\02 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Ms. Luney!!!!!!! Great post! ;) When do we get to see more of the story?

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    [gruff scratchy southern accent] Late Woman! Make me a pie![/gruff scratchy southern accent]

3. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *whistles* Iffy posts kill me :)

4. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Hi Luney!

I can never resist your writing. :) It is useless to try. [face_laugh] But this is very interesting. The beginning was hysterical--I loved the way Gandolf from the GFFA was obsessed with "Earth Wars" Fanfic about Washington meeting Roosevelt? That's just quality.

And then those last two scenes with Mark's adoptive parents and his contact with Luke were quite touching.

You truly have a gift for writing and I'm glad you've found a story that makes it fun again. It's a fun read too.

~Marie

5. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Poor Mark!

Now comes the question......How is Luke going to retrieve his son Mark Hamill from Earth and how will Mark react when he learns that he had just played his father Luke Skywalker in a movie? LOVE IT! MORE PLEASE. :D :)

6. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Awwwwwww.... poor Mark!! :( Lunedoggie - you'd better get to a happier part of the story soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Is the Iffypost monster bugging you?! I think we might have to finish off the fiend once and for all, missy!!! Pay the narrator to have Iannounceeverything announce his death or something.... :D

7. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    LOL that'll take care of him Gimpadoodle!!! ;)
    (It get's happier, I promise! ;))

Marie- YOu flatter me :D :D Writing's always fun, though sometimes you need a kickstart to get going with all the stories :D

Luke- Now that is an interesting question...isn't it? ;)

Now for the beginning of Chapter 3!

Chapter 3

Provo, Utah, USA, Earth, Milkyway
    One Month Later

Kathleen wrinkled her nose in disgust as she watched Digimon. How could such an idiotic thing make national television? Who would *pay* anyone to write such drivel? "This show is so stupid!" She declared aloud, glancing at Charlotte who was reclining comfortably on the Lazy Boy.

"Yeah it is, why don't you change it?" Charlotte asked.

Kathleen sank further into the plush couch cushions and looked up at Charlotte. "Why don't you?"

"I'm too lazy."

"Ha!" Kathleen wrinkled her nose and asked rhetorically, "What use is a lazy woman?"

"I'm sure your future husband will ponder that every night." Charlotte poked her tongue out.

Knitting her eyebrows, Kathleen glared at her best friend. "Oh, and yours won't?" She responded stupidly.

"This show is so stupid." Charlotte groaned, ignoring Kathleen's retort. "I'll do something very brave! I'll let my monster out of its ball to fight the monster off!" Charlotte said in a dramatic, high-pitched voice. "Won't that be heroic of me?"

Kathleen rolled her eyes. "Where's the remote?" She started digging through the dark green couch cushions.

"On top of the entertainment center." Charlotte smirked. "Why don't you go get it, Kathleen?"

Kathleen opened her mouth to reply, but closed it again when someone knocked on the door. Kathleen got up slowly, muttering to herself about the absence of little brothers being around to open doors.

"While you're at, you can change the channel!" Charlotte grinned sardonically.

"Kiss my what?" Kathleen shot back at her, while pulling the door open.

A man with dark brown hair graying at the side, dark gray eyes and dressed in khakis and a white dress shirt stood behind it. (Too much info; lets split it up) A middle-aged man attired in sharply pressed khakis and a crisp white dress shirt stood before her. "Hello," Kathleen nodded in greeting.

"Hello, Miss Kathleen Dorsey?"

"You've got her."

The dark haired man smiled and extended his hand. "Good, I am Dan Johnson of the EGR."

"The what?" Kathleen asked leerily, running her eyes over him trying to size him up. He appeared safe enough, but these days one never knew; looks can be deceiving. "You got ID?"

Dan proceeded to flip his wallet open and closed so quickly that she couldn't read it. The man's dark gray eyes sparkled as he spoke. " I can't tell you just yet. But we have a mutual acquaintance."

This piqued Kathleen's curiosity. "Really? Who would that be?"

Somberly, he answered, "The late Anthony Hamill."

Her mouth fell open at this and she ushered him inside.

Johnson's eyes fell on Charlotte as he closed the door behind him. "Ah, Miss Randle is here, too. Good."

"Why's that?" Charlotte asked curiously.

"Well," Dan gestured to the couch. "May I?" Kathleen nodded approval, and he sat down, soon to be joined by Charlotte and Kathleen. "I'm glad to see you too Miss Randle, or Charlotte" He nodded to her. "Because I'd like to offer you two the chance of a life time. But first," Lifting his briefcase up and placing it on the coffee table, he dug into it and pulled out a sheet of paper. "Tell me if you can read this." He handed it to Kathleen.

Kathleen took it and skimmed over it; the script was flowing, almost a gothic style, in letters not used in any language on Earth she knew of. But she recognized it; Mark had taught it to her, Charlotte and Maren when they were younger, so they could write *secret* letters to each other. Mark's dad had taught it to him, saying he might need it some day, for some reason. A rock formed in Kathleen's stomach at the thought of Anthony Hamill. Even after a month, i

8. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Whispers the sound... of silence ;)

9. Angelic_Sith

Angelic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2000
    Ooops...silly me forgot to post.

Love it so far Luney. More please.

10. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Tis Ok AS ;) Oh eep! I jsut read through this and caught some of my beta suggestions... AHHH! I really need to edit eralier in the day! Ignore things in ()'s in *THAT* post :"D

11. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    This is fun, Lunetta! And I'm glad it's getting happier again. Coruscant, huh? This shoul be interesting....

:D

12. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Oh, wow!! This is an awesome story, Lunetta! :)

13. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Marie and Sari!! :D Here's some more of Chapter 3 (it's kind of a long chapter I guess, hehe)

Luke clutched the armrest inside the ground car, and glanced at his daughter in horror as she pulled an illegal left turn with seemingly hyperspeed. "Sapphia!"

"What?" Sapphia asked, turning to look at him.

Luke cringed back. "Keep your eyes on the road!"

Sapphia rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the road. "Mom doesn't get this nervous."

"Your mother taught you how to drive." Luke groaned. "Not even *Anakin* was this bad!"

"Well the *Solo's* have been driving *and* flying since they were old enough to walk!" Sapphia retorted, barely breaking in time at a stoplight.

"You never had any interest before now." Luke reminded her, taking a deep breath when the light turned green and Sapphia pulled back the lever, sending the car speeding forward.

Sapphia shrugged her shoulders. "There are far more interesting things in life then piloting and driving."

"Whose daughter are you again?" Luke teased.

"Dad," Sapphia warned.

"What?" Luke asked innocently, then held up his hands at his daughter's glare. "You're so much like your aunt," Luke commented, then pointed to the road. "And keep your eyes on the road!"

Sapphia let out her breath slowly, and passed a slow moving speeder ahead of her. "So, why are we visiting Lando again?" She asked, taking the subject off of her driving skills.

"He wants us to try a new product of his."

"Again?" Sapphia raised her eyebrows and turned right, heading towards Lando and Tendra's apartments. "This is the third time this year! I wonder where he gets them from? He never mentions the company's names or on what world they started."

"Who knows?" Luke shrugged. "I wonder where he gets such silly names like Snickers and M&M's?"

"Or Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa." Sapphia scrunched her nose. "What exactly *is* a Swiss?"

"I don't know." Luke said as Sapphia stopped in front of Lando's apartment building, not letting Sapphia see his relief as he climbed out of the car and waited patiently for Sapphia to come around. As soon as she was close to him, they walked into the forty story complex together, where Lando, of course, had a spacious penthouse apartment. Thankfully, the elevator was waiting on the surface and they were at his apartment in no time. Luke knocked on the smooth black lacquered door and stepped back as it slid open. Kirstian, the Calrissian's young maid, stood behind it. "Come on in," she said politely, smiling and stepping to the side, allowing them in.

"Thanks," Luke said, entering the apartment's sitting room which had thick white carpet, dark blue floral print couches and a huge golden curio cabinet, displaying world mementos and businesses Lando had owned.

"He's this way," Kirstian stated, leading them to the kitchen where Lando was pouring a dark, fizzy liquid into transparisteel cups filled with ice.

Lando glanced up as they entered, and favored them with his winning smile. "Glad you could make it Luke!" He walked around the counter and took Sapphia's hand in his, and kissed it. "Sapphia, you grow move lovely every time I see you."

"Thanks." Sapphia blushed, rubbing her hand.

Luke grinned and patted Sapphia's back. "So, what *wonderful new taste* have you acquired now?"

"I think you'll like it," Lando declared, picking up two glasses and handing them to his guests. "It's called a soft drink; its brand name being Coca-Cola."

Luke raised his eyebrows and swirled his cup, watching the liquid fizz around the rim of the cup. "Why do you call it that?"

"That's what the company calls it." Lando gestured to the cup. "Try it."

Luke lifted the cup to his lips and took a drink; the liquid tasted slightly tangy and burned down his throat. Luke must have made a face, because Sapphia grinned up at him. "What do you think, Dad? *I* like it." Sapphia took another sip.

"It has a good taste. How much are you going to be selling it for?

14. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *Ssiiiiggggghhhh*

15. Angelic_Sith

Aug 6, 2000
    Lol...soda...and snickers. Man...now if that ain't comedy.

More please.

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Angelic :)

17. Jedi_Ra

Jedi_Ra Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2000
    This is really interesting!
    Can't wait for more!

18. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    nanny? from Earth? is it English? ;)

M :eek: RE!

19. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks and welcome Jedi Ra!! :)

Who flies with an umbrella and sings, Liz? ;)

HEre's some more of Chapter 3!

Charlotte looked out the window of Mark's green Jeep Grand Cherokee with interest at the desert mountains and scattered houses of Southern Utah. Mark and Maren sat up-front, chattering away about topics ranging from their *adventure* to the weather in China. Charlotte, Dan and Kathleen sat in back. Kathleen slumped against the left door, trying to sleep; Dan did likewise, only he leaned against the back of the seat. Charlotte was wide-awake, and excited, growing bored with the monotonous scenery. She couldn't believe all of them had decided to go (despite parental protests) *and* that they had all been asked. Where *was* it Dan Johnson was sending them?

"Hey, wake up!" Charlotte socked Dan, venting off some of her pent up energy.

Dan's eyelids fluttered, and he muttered sleepily, "I am." He turned his head to her and slowly opened his eyes. "Are we there yet?"

"A couple more minutes, I think." Mark answered while switching lanes.

"Good, I'm starting to get car sick," Maren complained.

"We've only been driving for an hour," Charlotte grumped, not wanting to put up with Maren's whiny complaints.

"Only?" Kathleen questioned tiredly, not stirring from her position. "With your incessant chattering, it feels like five."

"I'm sorry if we're keeping you up, darling," Charlotte mocked, reaching across Dan to pat Kathleen's head.

Kathleen rolled over, blinking. "No, you're not."

"You're right, I'm not." Charlotte smirked.

Dan rolled his eyes. "Hey, Kath, didn't your grandma used to live in Fountain Green or something?"

"Yeah," Kathleen grinned widely. "It's such a funny little town. It's like four blocks with one gas station and a," she snickered, "General Store."

"General store?" Mark laughed.

"Yes, best prices in town!" Kathleen exclaimed, sitting up straight.

"That's because it's the only store in town," Maren remarked studiously.

"Shhhh!" Kathleen pressed a finger to her lips, then warned jokingly, "Don't let the locals know!"

They were now approaching the outskirts of Fountain Green, where the houses were at least ten feet apart. To the left was an old cemetery that sported white painted crosses and cracking gravestones, at the base of a small, twenty-foot hill. Kathleen bounced up excitedly and pointed at the hill. "That's where we used to go sledding!"

Maren poked her head around her seat. "You went sledding at a cemetery?"

"Sure." Kathleen shrugged her shoulders. "We never went into the actual *graveyard * though, just to the base of it."

"That's kind of morbid."

Kathleen poked out her tongue, then noticed the two houses they were passing. One was a large, mansion with a huge well-manicured lawn and basketball court up-front. Across the street sat a rather humble, two room pink house with a yard that was more weeds then grass. "That's where my grandma used to live," she reminisced while pointing to the little pink home. "And that," she pointed to the mansion. "Is where the ?hot' guy lived."

"I never lived there," Mark joked, spinning the wheel, making a left turn towards the park.

"Exactly." Kathleen folded her arms smugly.

"Where is this place?" Charlotte queried. (If she's talking about the park it should say What)

"Fountain Green *City* Park." Mark grinned. "Cities have shrunk quite a bit, me thinks."

Kathleen laughed at his comment. "I hope the EGR lets us explore before we're *locked* in."

"What's there to explore?" Dan wondered .

Kathleen stared at him, incredulity written on her face. "What's there to explore? Everything! It's a dinky little town with a General Store!"

"I'm not sure I follow." Dan cocked an eyebrow.

"Kathleen likes to laugh at stupid things," Charlotte explained.

Kathleen nodded in agreement. "Dorsey family trait."

"They laugh at Kathleen a lot," Mark noted, pulling into the park's dirt lot. And

20. SkySaber

SkySaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2000
    Great post!! I was craking up over the last few lines, and unfortunately over my drink too. . .

21. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    YAY! I'm back from my trip and there are two new posts for me to read! And I can't wait to read more!

22. Angelic_Sith

Aug 6, 2000
    You have love Dan's way of figuring out where the entrance is. Great story by the way Luney.

More please!!

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    LOL I'm sorry Sky!!

Great to see you back Becca!!!

Angelic, I thought so too ;) More tomorrow, as long as I can stay ahead, there should be frequent posts :D

24. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    KEEP GOING!

Finally Luke and Mark are going to meet. Can't wait for their reactions to one another and Mara's to Kathleen.

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hehe thanks Luke, there'll be more up tonight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.