main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy's Reflection (An Earth Meets Star Wars, AU, Updated 06\16\02 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Hey I'm the top of the Page! Whee. Takes so little to make me happy.
    Guess I better go beta.

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I'll say mommy!!!! I am running out post material ;) (this is still Chapter 3, I told ya it was long ;))

Here's the next part, read and enjoy! And if you are reading this PLEASE Reply, even if it's just to tell me how stupid I am ;)

"OK, and you are?" Charlotte asked warily.

"Lisa, Lisa Williams." Pulling her long, blonde hair away from her face, she produced a note pad. "And you must be, Charlotte Randle?"

Charlotte nodded. Lisa looked at Dan. "Dan Lottes?"

"That's me." He thumped his chest with gusto.

She smiled warmly at Mark. "Mark Hamill?"

"Guilty." He winked at her.

"I'm sorry about your father," She said sympathetically.

Mark shifted uncomfortably on his feet. "It's not your fault."

Lisa nodded and stated with empathy, "It's no ones."

Then, she glanced at Kathleen. "You must be Maren Fischer."

"You insult me!" Kathleen teased, elbowing Maren.

"Oh, sorry," Lisa smirked. "Kathleen Dorsey?"

"Yes," responded Kathleen, nodding.

"And you're Maren?" Lisa turned to the remaining girl.

"Yes, and I am gosh darn proud of it!" She glared at Kathleen, who smirked defiantly.

"Good." Lisa smiled before returning her attention to the rest of the group. "Don't worry about those. We'll send someone for your things," she told Mark who had started to unload the van. "For now, follow me. You won't want to miss this seminar."

Lisa led them to the tree, removed a rather insignificant rock from the ground and a hole opened slowly. Lisa glanced around secretively, then stepped down into the hole that was just large enough for them to step through, and then motioned for the teenagers to follow. Mark tread on her heels, with Dan, Charlotte and Maren close behind him, Kathleen brought up the rear and obeyed Lisa's instructions to shut the door behind them. They stepped into a surprisingly bright corridor, lined with dark carpet and pictures of places Kathleen swore couldn't come from Earth. She craned her neck to look at them as they walked, barely hearing her friends' whispers.

Lisa ushered them into a mini auditorium with what looked to be thirty people her age. "You can sit wherever you want," she said, stepping to the side and allowing them access to the soft blue padded chairs.

Kathleen led the way down a row just two places from the back, with Mark crowding in beside her, then Charlotte, Dan, and Maren. Kathleen could hardly contain her excitement; *now* they would find out what this was all about.

The room buzzed with excited chatter, especially when one freckle faced kid who sat in the row in front of them turned around and glanced at Mark. His green eyes widened. "You're Luke Skywalker!" He gasped, then turned red. "Or rather, Mark Hamill."

Mark grinned. "That's me, and you are?" He asked, extending his hand.

"Chip, Chip Lawrence." Chip's eyes sparkled. "So they're bringing in the celebs, huh?"

"Yes, that is why *I'm* here." Kathleen broke in, winking at Mark.

"Well, of course." Chip smirked. "You are..."

"Kathleen Dorsey." She shook his hand. "So, where are you from?"

"Boise, Idaho." He looked gestured towards the other people in the room. "They've grabbed us from all over the US! Where are you guys from?"

"Provo, Utah." Mark smirked. "We came *so* far."

"Oh yeah, what is it, a whole two hour drive?" Chip guessed.

"Nope, one whole hour!" Kathleen said dramatically, clutching her chest.

Just then Dan Johnson entered the stage, and stepped up to the microphone. "If I may have your attention please," He declared, then the soft chatter lessened and he smiled. "First of all, I'd like to welcome you all to the EGR's headquarters. You have all been pre-selected for a special mission, that at the moment cannot be offered to just anyone, and certainly not advertised publicly." He took a deep breath. "I'm sure you're all wondering exactly what EGR stands for." He waited for a chorus of yeahs, then continued. "It stands for Extra Galaxial Relations."

"Kind of like Men i

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Good work!

4. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Cool, Lunetta!
    It'll be neat to see what planets/missions they're assigned to.
    I can't wait until Mark finds out about his true identity!

5. Jedi_Ra

Jedi_Ra Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2000
    I can't wait to see Mark's reaction to finding that Luke is his father.
    <darth vader voice>
    "I *am* Luke, your father."

:)

more soon?

6. Darth_Yakiyn

Darth_Yakiyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    Yea, that ought to be FUNNY! I can't wait until the next post. POST MORE SOON, PLEASE?

7. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    GREAT STORY and no you're not stupid.

Keep up the good work. Still can't wait until Mark learns that Luke Skywalker is his father. [face_mischief]

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL, Jedi_Ra!!!

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    LOL Lunetta! Sorry I missed a couple of posts. This story cracks me up. [face_laugh]

10. Red-gold03

Red-gold03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    I'm SO addicted to this story! I want more!! :)

11. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hehe thanks Becca, and princess Sari!! (How do YOU know he'll ever find out? ;))

LOL Jedi-Ra!! Don't tell!!! ;)

Perhaps it will be Darth Yik..um Darthie hehe ;)

Luke, maybe I should kill Mark off... ;) Just kidding!! ;) Like I'd ever kill a Skywalker ;)

Marie!!! Tis ok, you'd be amazed how much of the conversations that are held in this story I've actually had ;)

Welcome Red, and I'm glad you're addicted! ;)

Here's some MORE of Chapter 3! When will it ever end??? ;)

Mr. Nasal voice, who turned out to be Ron Anderson, led them to a small room equipped with soft red padded chairs, white carpet and a movie screen. "Are there any more coming?" Charlotte asked, plopping down onto a chair.

"Nope, just you two," Ron replied.

"Why?" Kathleen leaned forward. "Why can't we all just go to the same planet?" She folded her arms. "Assuming this isn't a hoax, of course."

"O, it isn't." Ron's beady hazel eyes grew wide. "Trust me."

"I will when I see it," Charlotte said defiantly.

Ron shrugged his shoulders. "In about a week, you will. Because of your knowledge of the Basic Alphabet, you and your friends will be the first group going up."

"You mean that's a whole other Galaxy's alphabet?" Kathleen gasped. She had just assumed Anthony who apparently had worked with the EGR made it up. She trusted him, so perhaps there was some truth to this. Maybe Star Wars really *had* happened, excluding the Force, or course. That was just *too* unbelievable. Wouldn't something like magic keep the secret better anyway?

"Yes. I understand Anthony Hamill taught it to you?"

Kathleen nodded.

"He was a good man." Ron nodded to himself. "A very good man."

"Yeah," Charlotte agreed, though she wanted the subject to change. His death was a great cause of pain in one of her best friend's life, and she hated hearing or talking about it. "Where are we going?" She asked, changing the line of conversation.

"Coruscant." He flipped a switch on what looked like a video projector and a huge gray planet popped up on the screen, with thousands of tiny lights surrounding it. "The whole planet is a city, with many levels underneath the ground. It's so crowded and urban it cannot support life without technical help." He locked eyes with Charlotte. "It is a good example of what we do *not* want Earth to turn into."

"Is that a real picture?" Kathleen asked softly, watching the tiny lights circle about the planet.

"It's a holovid actually," He patted the video projector machine. "And this is a holoprojector."

"Basically the *Star Wars* version of movies and movie players?" Kathleen asked, not taking her eyes off the planet. Seeing that picture-holo, whatever, was making it a *bit* more real. Even though a voice inside her head protested that image could be created easily through digital art. But she *wanted* to believe.

"Exactly."

"So wait," Charlotte cut in. "Who controls the Galaxy? The Rebellion or Empire?"

*That* was a sensible question, Kathleen thought to herself.

"The Rebellion or New Republic, mostly. They won the war, but a remnant of the Empire remains," Ron replied.

"Do they constantly fight the New Republic?" Charlotte's light brown eyes sparkled.

"No," Ron laughed. "Like the USA and Britain, they have made their peace, and are strong allies."

"Oh," Charlotte's shoulders slumped. Kathleen was glad; she did *not* want to stumble into a war zone!

"Anyway," Ron folded his hands on his lap. "You're going to have to learn more than just the alphabet they use and what planet you are going to. But first, comes the hard part."

"Which is?" Kathleen asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Physical exam, followed by immunizations."

"Oh no," Kathleen subconsciously backed up against her chair.

"Yes. Even on Earth, if you just leave the state for a year sometimes you have to get immunized. You girls are leaving the *Galaxy* and you must be protected from alien viruses, *and* protect them from ours."

"

12. Darth_Neo

Darth_Neo Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    This is great! I can't wait until Mark learns about his real parents! :)

13. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    hey, what's going on in Mark's briefing? Is he finding out about dear daddy?

14. Red-gold03

Aug 9, 2000
    Oh, don't leave us hanging luney! I wanna know what happens next. :)

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yay! A POST! A POST! :D

16. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Yeah, I agree....Let's have Mark's orientation. MORE PLEASE! :D

17. Darth_Yakiyn

Darth_Yakiyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    Argh! I HATE cliffhangers!! Post soon please!

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Soon as I get home from School... :)

19. Red-gold03

Aug 9, 2000
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

20. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I loved Charlotte and Kathleen's orientation--but I agree that I want to see Mark's. :) I also need to start training myself to look for this title. My eye must glide over it sometimes. Sorry!

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Tis Ok Marie :) Awright here's some more of Chapter 3!! (Oh and Welcome Darth Neo, Cliffhanger Darthie? ;))

"No!" She heard Kathleen protest weakly from inside the bathroom.

The door opened and Mark, Maren and Dan walked in, immediately plopping down onto the beds.

"Where's Kathleen?" Maren asked, sitting next to Mark on Kathleen's bed.

"Being sick in the bathroom, she has bad reactions to shots." Charlotte explained.

Maren rubbed her arms. "I sympathize with that."

Mark was leveling himself off her bed. "I'll go see if she's OK."

"No," Charlotte warned him. "You'll embarrass her, and she'll kill you."

"You're right." Mark sighed, fighting the urge to go. "I'll give her five minutes." He sat back on the bed. "What planet are you guys going to?"

"Coruscant." Charlotte replied.

"Dad's secret password." Mark said softly, almost wistfully.

An uncomfortable silence followed, until Maren finally broke it. "We're going to Bastion." She announced.

"Where's that at?" Charlotte asked.

"Imperial Space." Dan grinned. "We're going to flight school!"

"Like Luke Skywalker wanted to do." Mark commented.

Charlotte laughed. "Perfect place for you Mark." She winked at him. "Ron never told us *what* we were doing on Coruscant." Charlotte wrinkled her nose.

"Dying," Kathleen remarked, walking slowly back to her bed and laying on the edge of it.

"That's optimistic." Mark smoothed her hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Alright," she closed her eyes. "I need a Coke."

"Didn't you bring any?" Maren asked.

"I forgot, can you believe that?"

"No," Mark laughed and started rubbing her neck, trying the same trick he had with his father.

"That feels good," Kathleen mumbled softly. "You should go into massage therapy."

"Acting is my passion, and it pays more."

"For you." Maren laughed. "Most actors starve, while I haven't heard of any massage therapists doing it."

"They just don't have the Skills." Mark winked at her.

Maren hit him. "You're so mean."

"Or the looks..."

"Then however did you get in the business?" Charlotte batted her eyelashes.

"Connections." Mark smirked. "Anyway, Dan, what's on your mind?"

"Everything." Dan responded. "Can you believe we're going to another Galaxy? One deemed to be fictional and *far far away*?"

"No," Mark replied. "To think, we could run into Luke Skywalker. He's one of the characters I've played that I *never* thought I'd have the chance to meet."

"Do you think the Force is real?" Charlotte asked, her tone laced with curiosity and excitement.

"That'd be so cool!" Maren exclaimed.

"Kinda freaky, if you ask me." Mark said, " I mean, what if some Jedi came along and tried to control your mind?"

"Then you'd be a weak minded fool." Charlotte smiled sweetly. "I'd like to get my hands on a lightsaber."

"Heaven help us if *that* ever happens!" Dan said dramatically.

Charlotte poked out her tongue. "I'd be nice."

"Sure, you'd be very polite when you ran it through some poor fool, trying to see how it worked."

"I wouldn't do *that*!"

"I wouldn't worry about it," Mark interjected. "Luke *has* to be smarter than to hand Charlotte his lightsaber saying nothing more than, ?Be careful, it could be deadly.'"

Kathleen laughed heartily. Gradually she was feeling better through Mark's gentle massage, though not completely. "You never know Mark, have you met him?"

"No," Mark replied. "But I played him. So we have a special bond."

"Do you think we'll meet him?" Kathleen asked.

"You have a better chance of it, I think." Dan replied. "Since you're actually going to New Republic space."

"Can you believe this is happening?" Kathleen sighed.

"Want someone to pinch you?" Charlotte pressed her forefinger to her thumb, grinning wickedly.

"You're terrible!" Kathleen accused. "I can see you with your patients now, ?I'm sorry this hurts Miss Jackson, and there's no real point to me opening your arm

22. Angelic_Sith

Angelic_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2000
    ok...now you've got me hooked.

More...More...more...please.

23. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    So now I want to know why Kathleen is having such a bad reaction. Is it just a fluke, or is there some more sinister reason behind it?

Lunetta, I think you're going to have to read a lot more comments of the "When will Mark find out who he really is?" variety before he finds out. (IF he finds out.) :p

24. Jedi_Ra

Jedi_Ra Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2000
    Great post (even if Mark has yet to find out about Luke <hint hint!>) Well I'll keep saying this until the whole thing is over (and chances are that when it is over, I'll keep saying it): More?

25. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    <Demand> Mark needs find out that his real name is Skywalker! </Demand>

<Beg> More!!!!! </Beg>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.