main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy's Reflection (An Earth Meets Star Wars, AU, Updated 06\16\02 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    You guys flatter me :D You never know Liz!! (But Remember I AM evil ;)) THanks Sari for saying the *Magic* words ;) Mommy! You definatly need more, I am posting the last of what I have betaed, so be expecting an email. :D Welcomer Arlna!!! I HATE it when that happens, stupid friends *mutters* ;)
    Of COURSE I did Darth Neo, would I do anything else? ;) Mellina how nice of you to join us. ;)

And now thus begins, *insert triumphant music* Chapter Four!!! (For those of you who are reading I, THe Jedi's Daughter, a particulary familiar character shows up in this, but be forewarned, it isn;t the 7 month pregnant rebellios character, close, but I have my reasons for using her muahaha ;))

Chapter 4

Sapphia held little Marissa in her arms, glad that Tendra was finally accepting visitors. The labor had been hard on her and she'd been sick for the first month. "Isn't she cute?" She asked softly, letting Marissa grab her finger.

Jysella Horn leaned over from her position on the couch and pursed her lips. "If you say so. What does she do?"

"Eats, drinks and poops." Mirax Horn said with a grin.

Jysella raised her eyebrows. "That's cute?" She asked Sapphia.

Sapphia shook her head. "What's cute is she's so little, helpless and cuddly."

"Can I see her?" Jysella asked, extending her hands.

"Sure," Sapphia passed Marissa gently over to Jysella who laid her on her knees, supporting her head with both hands. "I thought you didn't think she was cute," Sapphia gently teased.

"I don't," Jysella replied. "I'm just trying to figure her out."

Mirax laughed and rubbed her daughter's shoulders. "Just wait until you have your own children."

"I'm not, Mom." Jysella grinned evilly. "You'll just have to rely on Valin to give you all the *darling* little grandchildren you could hope for."

The Calrissian home was full of people coming to see the baby for the first time, females only it seemed. Leia Organa Solo and her daughter, Jaina, sat having a conversation with Sapphia's mom and Tendra. Mara wasn't the type to go all goggle eyed over a new baby; it had been Sapphia who had really wanted to go. Sapphia sometimes marveled at the fact that though Mara and Luke were her parents, she barely resembled them physically, and had to dig deep to find similar personality traits.

Lando came in the room then, carrying matching navy blue suitcases and a dark blue duffel bag. A young and very pretty girl followed behind him, uncertainly looking around the room. Her outfit and haircut made her exotic looking; it really nagged at Sapphia that Lando couldn't tell them where she was from.

"Told you the house is full." Lando grinned. "Everyone, this is Kathleen Dorsey, Marissa's new Nanny."

"We're thanking the Gods she came today." Tendra smiled warmly.

Kathleen returned the smile. "I'm thanking them I'm off that ship."

"I don't like space travel much either." Sapphia sympathized with her. Kathleen had a nice, soft accent Sapphia had never heard before.

"You sure you're a Skywalker?" Her mom teased.

"Marissa's over there if you want to see her while I put your stuff in your room." Lando pointed to the baby.

"Thanks," Kathleen said, walking over.

Jysella handed her the baby and patted the cushion beside her. "I'm Jysella Horn, and that's Sapphia Skywalker."

"Nice to meet you." Kathleen said, trying to figure their accents out. They sounded vaguely English mixed with a tone she'd never heard before. She laid Marissa on her knees to look at her; the infant had purplish eyes that would surely turn brown "She's so cute!" She said, stroking the Marissa's cheek.

"What's so cute about her?" Jysella asked.

Kathleen laughed. "Sounds like something my cousin, Mandi, said about my nephew when he was this age." Marissa started to fuss a bit, so she picked up her up and held her against her shoulder gently patting her back. "She thinks all babies are ugly until they're at least five months old. And when they reach that stage, they'

2. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Just uppping this, for a pride boost ;)

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    A post! Now I feel a tiny better. Only a tiny bit, though. :(

4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Ah! a post. hnn...Kathleen doesn't know military time? :( bad girl, Kathy. There are some things every girl should know. ;)

M :eek: RE!

5. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Great post, Lunetta! I like how you worked in all those familiar characters. :)

BTW, I just went and found "I, the Jedi's Daughter" and read it--it's really great!! :)
    <Sari goes off to read "What More Kissing Leads To.">

6. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Seriously Your Highnessnessness? ;) I guess a 7 month pregnant Jysella Horn intriuged ya huh? ;) That was my second fanfic *sniff*

You're right Liz, she doesn't... neither does Lunetta... but Rebelmommy does! ;)

I'm glad it made you feel bettter Rebecca!! Depending on how editing goes and my moooddd I might be posting two this and Kissing Tomorrow :D ( I have a lot of free time on Sundays)

7. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    You need to post more lunetta. This is good.

8. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    A post! And an intriguing one.

I can beat that Kathleen was an aunt at 18. I was an aunt when I was born. :)

*goes to see if a post was added at what more kissing leads to...*

9. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Kathleen was at 12, but wow Arlna!! Hehehehe that would make an interesting life :D

THanks Borme!! Here's a little shortie. I am still editing more of chapter 4, and Mommy, I loved your second suggestion so much I am giving it it's own little part, I can't wait :D

HEre is some more of Chapter 4 :D

*Beep* *Beep*

Mark turned over on his hard mattress, covering his head with his pillow.

*Beep* *Beep*

Mark turned over again, waiting out his roommate, Ian Macdermott. They had played this waiting game for the past week, whoever got the most annoyed first, turned the alarm clock - no alarm ?Chrono? off.

*Beep* *Beep*

Groaning, Mark slid out of his bottom bunk bed, and stumbled over to the nightstand and turned off the alarm. ?Lights,? He said softly. The room was instantly flooded with blinding light. Mark squeezed his eyes shut, holding up his hands to protect his eyes. ?Lower!? They softened a bit and he sat back on his bed. After changing into his navy blue jumpsuit, he knocked on the bottom of Ian?s bunk bed. ?Get up, Ian!?

He heard Ian shift on his bed. ?I had a late night,? his roommate groaned.

?You *always* have a late night.? Mark commented, climbing out of his bed.

?So, at least I have fun in life.? Ian sat up in bed, blinking his dark gray eyes at Mark.

?As the Squadron?s drunk.?

?Not everyone can be the Star Novice,? Ian muttered, climbing down.

?Star novice?? Mark asked incredulously. ?I got lost after five stinking minutes in those gates and let?s not count how many times I crashed my TIE.? Yesterday had been his first day on the sims, and he felt that he had failed *miserably.

Ian?s lips curled into a sly smile. ?On the advanced level. It?s a trick we play on all who-would-be or look-like hotshots. The Administration was quite impressed with your flight.?

?Wait a minute,? Mark held up a hand. ?What do you mean, would-be or look-like hotshots??

?If you haven?t noticed, Mark,? Ian said, pulling on his shoes. ?You?re practically the spitting image of a young Luke Skywalker.?

?He must be a good looking guy.? Mark grinned, fighting back laughter. So he looked like Luke Skywalker, did he?

Ian grinned and slapped on him on the back. ?You?ve already got the Star Pilot cockiness down! Before you know it, you?ll be thrust into the Imperial Navy.?

?Dream come true.? Mark shook his head. So he looked like Luke Skywalker and had the potential to be a Star Pilot of the Imperial Navy. The irony made him want to laugh with its ridiculousness. Ian was finally ready and they exited the room, headed down the black and white tiled floor towards the mess hall.

?Hey Mark, Ian!? Dan called out, hurrying to catch up with them. He wore a dark navy blue suit like Mark?s. Running up behind them came Maren, dressed in a tight white blouse and a dark navy blue skirt that hung to her knees, exposing half of her long legs.

Ian whistled appreciatively under his breath at Maren?s new outfit. It was much more flattering than the rather bulky navy uniform she?d had to wear previously. ?Looking good Maren!? He exclaimed, looking her up and down.

Maren blushed. ?Thanks Ian.? She turned her light green eyes on Mark.

Mark frowned and folded his arms. ?Don?t they have anything less... clingy??

?Are you saying I look fat?? She squeaked.

Mark wanted to hit himself for putting it that way. She didn?t look fat at all, the blouse emphasized her slim waist, and the skirt her round hips. She looked good. Too good for a bunch of student pilots in a school where the ratio of boys to girls was twenty to one. ?No, you look great.? He wrapped an arm around her shoulder, glaring down a couple of nineteen-year old gawkers walking by. ?That?s the problem.?

Dan nodded emphatically. ?You should put your jumper back on.?

?No, I like this.? Ian grinned, nodding his head and looking at her with lust in his eyes.

?Thank you.? Maren lifted her chin.

?Maren,? Mark whispered, then thrust a t

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL! Cute post! ;)
    And of COURSE he looks like Luke! :)

11. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    hot shot pilots!! YAYAYAYAY!!!!! M :eek: RE!

12. Darth_Yakiyn

Darth_Yakiyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    This REALLY makes you wonder when Luke figures out his son is still alive. More please. :)

13. JediMellina

JediMellina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2000
    Yeah....Luke's reaction should be very interesting! Keep up the writing Snarky!!!! We need more!!!1 *Please!!!!*

14. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    MORE PLEASE!

Wow that was great.....still can't wait when it dawns on Luke that Mark is back in his home galaxy.

:D

15. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    HORRORS

An Empire Remant finds Mother Earth? Now what will Mark, Luke, Mara and the others do? What will the other Empire people do? Three of their cadets are from Earth or rather 2 while Mark is Luke's long lost son. MORE PLEASE!

16. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    This is so cute, Lunetta! Sorry I missed all your posts; I was gone for the weekend. I loved the appearance of Jysella. "I'm never gonna have kids." Yeah right, Jyz! ;) This is shaping up to be quite interesting.

17. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I hope Maren's not setting herself up for trouble with that outfit!

Can't wait for the next part, Lunetta!

(Oh, and I'm loving Jysella's story--both parts! :) )

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    THanks everyone! :D (Jysella's are crazy little chics when I write them, eh? ;))

Here is some more of Chapter 4!!!

Carefully Kathleen lay Marissa on the floor, breathing a sigh of relief. After feeding her a bottle, Kathleen had patted, rocked, bounced and stroked the kid to sleep for the past ten minutes. Collapsing on the couch, she flicked the Holo-Screen on, still amused by their TV like programs. Intergalactic News was on, starring News Droids. One droid had begun telling the story of a pilot's raid on the commercial cruise line Treasure Island, when Kathleen heard Marissa grunt. Hoping the kid was just grunting in her sleep, she stole a glance at her. Marissa stretched her little arms and legs out, grunting as she did so, then opened one eye, scrunching up her face. ?Oh boy, here it comes.' Kathleen thought to herself as Marissa scrunched her tiny body up, flailed her arms and her face started turning red. Finally a pathetic sounding cry escaped her lips, lasting only about two seconds.

Kathleen leaned forward and rested her head on her hands. "How could you put me down?" Kathleen mocked in a high squeaky voice. "I'm too cute to put down!" Marissa looked up at her accusingly, opening her other eye and working up another cry. It always amused Kathleen how much effort a newborn baby put into one tiny, squeal of a wail. Sighing, she lifted Marissa back into her arms. The baby gave out one last pathetic wail, then gave into grunting. Kathleen laid Marissa on her chest and started patting her back. Marissa immediately turned her head, closed her eyes, squeaked a little bit, then fell into the quick breathing of an infant.

Tendra walked in then, dressed in a stylish light blue chiffon suit. She smiled at Kathleen. "How did it go?"

"Great," Kathleen rose slowly to her feet. "Except you can't put her down for more than two minutes, I swear."

Tendra smiled and lifted Marissa into her arms. "She *loves* to be held." She cocked her head to the side. "So you're going out with Jysella Horn tonight, huh?"

"Yeah," Kathleen stuffed her hands into her pockets. "We even convinced Sapphia and her friend Marian to come."

Tendra cocked an eyebrow. "Luke won't like that."

Kathleen grinned. "He's on Yavu or Yavin something, where the Jedi Academy is."

"I see." Tendra returned Kathleen's grin.

"Say do you have a phone book?" Kathleen asked, hoping to look up Dr. Adrian's number and drag Charlotte along.

"A what?" Tendra asked, shifting a grunting Marissa to her left shoulder.

?Oh yeah, they don't have phones!' Kathleen thought to herself. "Umm a com book? You know, to look up someone's number."

"Data Terminal." Tendra informed her. "Yeah, we have one, though I doubt Dr Adrian's number is listed."

"Why not?"

" He's a prestigious *human* surgeon. And he works with the EGR." Tendra took a seat on the couch. "I bet Lando has it. You can ask him when he gets home."

"When will that be?"

"About 2200 hours."

"Never mind," Kathleen sighed. "We're leaving at 2100 hours."

Tendra nodded. "You'll be able to get a hold of her later."

"Yeah, say, do you have any milk?

"Milk?" Tendra cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I brought some cereal here from Earth," She grinned, "I think I'll have to slowly wean myself away from that kind of food."

"There should be some in the refrigeration unit, did you look?"

"All over." Kathleen replied. "I didn't seen any."

Tendra rose to her feet. "I'll go look." She held Marissa against her hip and led the way into the kitchen. She pulled open the frigeration unit and pulled out a clear bottle full of blue liquid. "Here it is."

"*That's milk?" Kathleen questioned.

"Yes," Tendra replied then handed it to her.

Kathleen held it at arm's length. "But it's blue."

"What color is it supposed to be?"

"White!" Kathleen wrinkled her nose. "I guess I can't expect you to have cows milk here, huh?"

Tendra nodded. "You can't expect me to know what a

19. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    LOL! I loved the babysitting stuff--and Kathleen's reaction to blue milk. Poor girl.

20. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
  21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Becca and Marie!!! More tomorrow :D Ewww blue milk... ;)

22. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Blue Milk and cereal. Ha, ha. :)

23. JediMellina

JediMellina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2000
    Hehehhehehe, blue milk...humm? LOL! :)

24. Red-gold03

Red-gold03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Hmm...I wonder how blue milk tastes with Corn Pops?

Oh yeah, I wonder what kind of cereal Kathleen took with her.

25. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    hee hee, blue milk, hee hee.

M :eek: RE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.