main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy's Reflection (An Earth Meets Star Wars, AU, Updated 06\16\02 )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Mar 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yes, more!!!

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Thanks pps!!! Here's some more of Chapter 4!

Sapphia gave her perfectly tied back hair a pat, and smiled at her reflection in the mirror. She wore a neatly pressed dark green pantsuit, a silver chain around her neck and had twisted her hair up into a knot. She noticed her mother in the mirror, trying to hide a smirk. Sapphia turned around, folding her arms. "What's so funny?"

Mara waved her hand nonchalantly. "Nothing."

"Mom," Sapphia warned.

"Sapphy," Mara took a step towards her. "You look like you're going to some political banquet with the fate of the Galaxy in its hands."

Sapphia frowned and turned on her heels to look at her reflection again. "I do not."

"Yes hon, you do." Mara rested a hand on her shoulder. "You can't go to a dance club being all neat and prim." Mara tugged on the end of Sapphia's knot, causing her long strawberry blonde hair to fall cascading down her shoulders. "Wear your hair down, it'll fall out anyway."

Sapphia smoothed her tousled hair. "And now I suppose you're going to tell me what's wrong with my outfit?"

"No, it's fine." Mara bit her lip, studying her daughter a moment. Sapphia had spread a light pink gloss over her lips and brushed her eyelids with cream colored eyeshadow. "But you should wear flashier makeup." Mara dug through the vanity drawer, finally locating dark green eyeshadow and a sparkly reddish pink lipstick.

"Mom-" Sapphia backed away.

"What?" She pushed up the lipstick.

Thankfully, a knock sounded on the door. "They're here!" She brush kissed her mother's cheek. "See you at midnight!"

"Not a minute later!" Mara called after her daughter's retreating back.

Sappia pushed the door opener impatiently watching it slide open. Jysella Horn stood behind it, dressed in tight black silky pants with a sparkly silver shirt. Her hair fell down in messy curls, and she wore a touch of reddish brown color on her lips and silvery eyeshadow. Sapphia gaped at her; she didn't think Jysella even knew what makeup was, she never wore it around the temple.

Jysella nodded to her. "Good, you're ready. I'm sure you'll pass for 18."

Sapphia stepped out, closing the door behind her. "Thanks, who all is going?"

"You, me, Marian, Kathleen and Suaad."

Suaad Samian, of course, Sapphia thought to herself. She was like Jysella in blonde hair blue eyed form, only slightly more girlish and snobby. She had practically grown up on Yavin, like Sapphia and also was not a Jedi Knight yet. "Kathleen intrigues me," Sapphia commented as they headed down the spotless white marble hall. "I wonder where in the blazes she's from."

"Probably some self governed little planet that would like to stay that way." Jysella shrugged her shoulders. "I'd like to dig through her wardrobe though."

"Yeah, I really liked her dress she had on yesterday." Sapphia agreed.

"Dress?" Jysella wrinkled her nose. "It was OK. What I'm talking about is her blue jeans and a tee shirt, as she calls it."

"Jeans?"

"They're hard blue cotton stuff." Jysella replied. "They look pretty comfortable, laid back sort of clothes." Jysella looked Sapphia up and down. "Not your style."

"So I've heard." Sapphia said smoothly as they exited the Jedi Headquarters and crossed the spacious lawn to the front of the building where Jysella's speeder was parked. Suaad sat in the front, with Kathleen and Marian in back, sitting on opposite sides of each other. Sapphia opened the door, "Hey you two." She smiled warmly as Marian scooted over into the middle, keeping a careful distance from Kathleen. ?Oh boy," Sapphia thought, sensing the tense atmosphere inside. Marian did not take well to strangers, more often than not she snubbed anyone whom she did not know, and deciding by one action on their part whether or not she liked them.

"Hello," Marian said stiffly.

Kathleen nodded to her; she was wearing a purple, blue, green and yellow striped cotton shirt, and dark blue-jeans.

"Strap in." Jysella said, pulling he

3. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Oopsy, double post heh heh

4. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Woo hoo! A POST!

5. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Becca :)

6. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    I guess I'll up this with the end of Chapter 4, and start of Chapter 5. You should feel special, two posts in one day! ;)

7. Red-gold03

Red-gold03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Cool! A dance club! *whips out glowsticks and starts dancing.*

8. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Very cute, Luney!

I especially loved Kathleen's attempts to explain "dork" and "geek." ;)

Jysella's characterisation was priceless as well.

9. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hey thanks Red and Marie! I thought I had put more up, but I guess I didn't. Heh heh. Ah well, there'll be more after school

10. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Let's get back to Mark and Luke....when will his father sense Mark's presence in the Force? What's going to happen when the New Republic learns about a renegade group trying to take over Planet Earth? MORE PLEASE!!

11. Red-gold03

Aug 9, 2000
    No problem whatsoever Luney! :)

12. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Patience Luke ;)

HEre is the end of Chapter 4, and beginning of Chapter 5. :D

Jysella and Suaad were led away by a pair of somewhat greasy looking guys, though Jysella couldn't have looked happier. Kathleen stood awkwardly by Marian, unsure what to do around a chick who decided to hate her. Soon though, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to find a rather nice looking blonde guy with bright blue eyes. "Care to dance?" He asked politely.

"Of course." Kathleen linked her arm through his, following him out to the dance floor. He was one of the dorks, but a cute dork. His multicolored shirt shifted in the lights, and was soft as silk. He led her to the middle of the dance floor and wrapped his arms around her waist. She wrapped her arms around his neck, interlinking her fingers. "Are we making spectacles of ourselves?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked in a soft, tenor voice.

"If you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of everybody."

He grinned. "I want everyone to see that I am dancing with the prettiest girl here."

Kathleen blushed. Not only was he a good looking dork, he was a suave dork. She glanced to her right and noticed Sapphia dancing with her partner, who stood at least a foot taller than her . She flashed her a smile, waggling her eyebrows.

Sapphia blushed at Kathleen's eyebrow wiggling.

"So, what's your name?" Her partner asked, bringing her attention back to him. Sapphia bit her lip, if she told him Sapphia Skywalker, he'd either freak out or think she was a liar. It would be best to give him a false name, even though she hated the very thought of it. "Roseane Hamill." She replied, taking the last name of her late brother's caretaker. "That's a pretty name." He commented. "I'm Darren Farrider."

"Pleasure to meet you," Sapphia smiled gazing into his beautiful dark brown eyes. As they talked about various things, she found herself falling for this guy. At the end of the slow song, instead of breaking apart to find a new partner for the second, he held onto her and they danced the second number.

"Roseane," He said softly, after a few moments of silence.

"Yes?"

"Would it be too forward to," He hesitated. "Ask your number?"

Sapphia's mind raced. "Not at all. Though," she bit her lip. "I think I should take yours. Dad's very overprotective," she said quickly.

"Oh," he grinned slyly. "I guess we'll have to meet in secret then, huh?"

Sapphia nodded. "How romantical of us."

"Oh very." He took her hand off his shoulder and spun her around, into his front.

"Very," Sapphia replied, snuggling against his shoulder.

At the end of the dance, she took his comlink number down, bristling with excitement. She'd met a boy, and daddy-dearest didn't have to know a thing about it. Had Darren known she was Luke Skywalker's daughter, she doubted he'd be so flirty.

Chapter 5

Spearhead Academy, Bastion

Mark lay in his bed, staring up at the bottom of Ian's bed, but not really seeing it. Now that he had time to think, thoughts of Luke Skywalker came to him. Exactly how much did he resemble him? Was he his actual mirror image? How? Is that why he was chosen to play Luke, off of looks alone? Or was it some weird occurrence of the Force? The Force. What exactly was the Force? He knew it was some sort of energy field, but his knowledge didn't extend further then that. Had his father used it to contact him? Mark rolled over, and tried to clear his mind. He had to get up so early tomorrow. So early... ?If you haven't noticed Mark," Ian pulled on his shoes. "You're practically the spitting image of a young Luke Skywalker.' Ian's words came back to him again. Why on Earth did he look so much like Luke? Again the question of how much he looked like Luke crossed his mind again, and he finally tossed off his covers and climbed out of bed. ?There's only one way to find out.' He thought to himself as he tiptoed across the floor, trying not to wake up Ian. He opened the door, and p

13. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Great work!!!

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luney's generous today.
    I'm ready for more.I love reunions.

15. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    Thanks for the new post! :)

16. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Awesome!!
    So, how *was* Mark able to reach Kathleen?

It's cool to see him wondering if he could be Luke's son. I wonder what he'll do if he finds out it's true?

More soon I hope! :)

17. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    woohoo! Markie's using the Force!

M :eek: RE!!!!!

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Tanks Becca, mommy, Liz and Sari!!! There should be some tomorrow, depending on how betaing goes. :D

19. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    The dance scene was really cute, Lunetta. (Somehow Sapphia is reminding me a bit of Jysella--just the rebellious Jedi thing)

And I'm glad to see that Mark is making some connections with his heritage. His relationship with Kathleen should be interesting to watch develop. And I'm looking forward to the possibility of him meeting his parents and sister. :)

20. Red-gold03

Aug 9, 2000
    Great post Luney! I'm glad those lightbulbs in Mark's head are going off finally! :)

21. Luke'sryb

May 17, 2000
    Wow Luney that was some write up. Love every minute of it.

Mark teaches himself the Force telepathy and contacts Kathleen....very interesting and sees a familiar face in Luke Skywalker's file? Now what can he do to contact this Luke Skywalker....wonder what his first words will be? [face_mischief] MORE PLEASE!

22. Luke'sryb

May 17, 2000
    Hey....

I just thought of something.....when Mark used the Force to telepathically contact Kathleen....I'm willing to bet alot of Force Sensitives picked up on it as well.

23. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
  24. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    I HOPE to get this updated tonight, but I am awaiting the part being returned by my beta. :)

25. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Up with you!

Come on, Luney's Beta!
    (That's funny to me because the Betas are a frat at my school)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.