Fanclub Galen Marek Fanclub: The Starkiller Alliance.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mister_Master, Sep 20, 2008.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    "My name...My name is Galen."

Hello, and Welcome to the Galen Marek fanclub.

At the new release of TFU, and playing it I realized that we didn't have a fanclub for this great hero. And I thought we needed one. So I made one.

So Without further ado I officially open this thread to you all.

(edit: removed spoiler tag reminder from title)
  2. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [face_dancing] Was waiting for someone to make this thread.
  3. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    Just reminding everyone that spoilers must be blacked out until the end of the month. The markup is {hl=black}spoilers here{/hl} where the curly braces are replaced by [] brackets.
  4. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks Jello.
  5. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet, I definitely joining this. Count my in M_M.
  6. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Sign me up! :D I just finished reading TFU yesterday and I love this guy.

Are we going by the book (Aug. 19) or game (Sept. 16) release date for spoilers?

7. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    I haven't played the game since unfortunately I do not have any of the consoles required. I'm a PC gamer. ;)

The graphic novel looks really good, though. I like how this new era is explored and they did a fair job on the characters. :)
    Will get the book soon. The trouble is, its a hardcover, which is not very nice to my student's budget... [face_worried]
  8. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree Amon. I saw the book today, but didn't buy it because it was hard cover. I dislike hard cover.
  9. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    I say Video game, just to be safe.
  10. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Jello said end of the month, but I'm guessing he actually meant 30 days after the release?

Either way, anyone got an idea for our first topic of discussion? Maybe talk about what it is about the character we enjoyed?
  11. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    No, I meant just that: the end of the month. The EUC blackout period is usually two weeks, and the 30th is two weeks from the 16th. It works nicely.
  12. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    His BA Force Powers.
  13. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I don't think it would be spoilery to say that what I enjoyed most about the character was his journey of moral choice and facing the decisions to do what he's supposed to do versus what he feels is the right thing to do. He sacrifices his life but, in doing so, saves his soul and lights a candle of hope for the rest of the galaxy.

I didn't mean to get all poetic [face_blush] , but we've had a lot of grayness in the EU lately and it's inspiring to see a true hero's tale. @};-

14. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree with Trace. That was one of my favorite things about Galen. He truly was a great hero.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    I liked that he died. That twerp.
  16. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, that could have been expected really. ;)
  17. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    If only he could have realized his destiny a littler sooner. Then there might have been some more Jedi by the time Luke comes into his destiny
  18. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, this hasn't had much activity.
  19. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    I just finished the novel, cause I suck and don't have a cool game platform. And now I'm jealous, cause of how BA it was. -grumbles-

I'm annoyed that Shaak Ti was killed. She was pretty cool, IMO.
  20. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have been forcing myself to read TFU slowly so it'll help pass the time until MF hits my mailbox.:D It's really better than I expected and I'm trying not to get attached to certain characters since I know they aren't long for the universe.[face_worried]

I'm not playing the game until I finish the book...plus I can't get it away from my child. He took it and wants to beat it before he gives it back.[face_frustrated] I've been watching him like a hawk for a reason to take it away.:p
  21. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    I've been watching game excerpts on youtube. LOVE the "Goodbye, Juno" and Light side ending scenes. @};- :_|

Juno rocks my socks, too. :cool:

I really hope we see the Force Unleashed characters again. They could totally fit into the Dark Times era when it comes back. [face_thinking] They're too good just for a one-shot deal.

22. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    I loved that scene Trace. I like to watch it over and over again.
  23. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, I've been wondering about something that Vader says to Starkiller, I'd like to see what everyone elses thoughts are on it.

Not sure how it goes in the novel, but the cutscene for Ambush at Corellia, Vader throws Starkiller to the cliff side and Starkiller says something along the lines of "You never meant to destroy the Emperor!" and Vader says "Not with you."

Whats does this mean? He couldnt possibly know about Luke or Leia, so who is he talking about? :confused:
  24. DarthSubZero Jedi Master

star 4
    Sign me up, plz. This guy's pretty much my favorite character now.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    Sabre: I don't think he was talking about anyone in particular; Vader was perhaps just waiting for the right person to come around. It was just another step in his plan to bring down the Emperor and replace him.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth