main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Galen Marek Fanclub: The Starkiller Alliance.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mister_Master, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I think we're out of the spoiler period now. (If not, edit me.) [face_peace]

Re: the question about what Vader meant - Vader senses conflict in Galen almost from the beginning of the book. And then we find out at the end that Galen had been holding Juno in his heart as a 'single bright spot.' Maybe Vader finally realized that Galen had divided loyalties and knew that Galen could not help him defeat the Emperor without absolute devotion to the Dark Side.

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Aw man! I didn't know he would die! :_|I should have stayed away from the spoilers. *sniffs*

I just started playing the game.

3. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    I haven't read the novel yet, but I've finished the game on PS2. I'm very annoyed I couldn't play on a next-gen.[face_frustrated]

I'm a huge Starkiller fangirl!8-} I have trouble thinking of him as 'Galen Marek' though because they never mentioned his real name in the PS2 version.

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    They never mention his real name in the PS3/X360 versions either, so dont feel left out there.

Having never heard Galen Marek said out loud, I'm not 100% confident pronouncing it. Besides, Starkiller sounds so much cooler :p

5. Fel_Freak228

Fel_Freak228 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2007
    Oh, weird.:confused:

Neither am I, I'm not so great at pronouncing things I've never heard out loud.(which is a big problem when it comes to the EU:p )

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I?ve been pronouncing it Gay?len, with a long a and emphasis on the first syllable. But Gah?len sounds good, too. As far as I know, his real name is only mentioned in the novel and he only remembers his first name after a flashback to his childhood. Bail Organa discovers his last name by researching Imperial records after his death.

(And I'm with y'all on having trouble pronouncing something I've never heard before. I said "Jarael" totally wrong until I went to a KotOR panel by JJM and I still don't know how to pronounce "Deliah," LOL.)

Where does the name ?Rhett? come from? I?ve seen it in Lit, but it?s not in either of the books.

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I say its Gaylen.

Also, about Rhett, simply look at behind the scenes in the Wookieepedia Article:

8. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    I pronounce it just like "Gallant" without the "t".

9. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I don't think his name is pronounced "Gallon". I would say his name is prounced as it's spelt, just like people I've met with that name in life. Galen: Gay-lynn. His last name, Marek, pronounced as it's spelt as well: Mayor-ick.

Not as ambiguous as say...Exar Kun.

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Frankly, I'm glad he died. He was all in my canon, messing up the OT.

11. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    lol, I'm with you...plus so will Ashoka from Clone Wars. I don't like canon upsetting my canon either.

12. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Amen.

13. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    I just finished playing the game and loved it. Starkiller's story was very intriguing so now I have to go get the HC to find out more about him.

A nitpick though.

I hated having to kill Shaak Ti (one of my fav CW Jedi) Although technically, she sacrificed herself, this would also seem to go against some of the deleted/edited scenes from RVOS where Shaak Ti (apparently) died on Grievious' ship. So which death is 'official'?

I would love to see some of these characters back as well. Maris Blood and Master Kota apparently survived the game's end which makes you wonder where were they when Luke was around?

14. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005

They were taken out of the movie for a reason, them being on the disc doesnt mean they happened :)

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that TFU is 100% canon (except for the darkside ending)

15. MarcusDade

MarcusDade Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    It is, unfortunately.

16. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003

The deleted scenes on the ROTS DVD are just that: deleted. They are not canon in any way, shape, or form. Shaak Ti's canon death occurs on Felucia, just as TFU says.

17. Darkside Floyd

Darkside Floyd Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2008
    Given Lucas' need to re-do things every so often, I wasn't sure if those scenes would eventually make it back into RVOS or not. But, if she died on Felucia, so be it.

Checking over the gamers' threads, I see I missed quite a bit my first time playing through. Back to ye ol' console then! :)

18. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    I picked up the HC to tide me over till MF (thanks for the idea Connie!) and I'm loving it. [face_love]

Almost makes me want to game it. [face_laugh] Almost.

As for the overthrowing the Emperor bit: Vader needs someone who doesn't possess the same flaws he does. Namely, that teensy, tiny spark of Light. And apparently he having a heck of a time finding someone. :p

Really like the cold-hearted badass Vader in this though... :D

CJM

19. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Just finished the game. 'Twas awesome, except for a few early rebellion and Vader nitpicks that can be retconned (re-retconned?). Didn't like Kota or Starkiller as much as I thought I would, but Juno is cool.

What I thought of when Vader tells Starkiller that stuff on Corellia: Well, if the Emperor had more than one hand, why can't Vader have more than one SA? [face_mischief]

And I don't think Shaak Ti really died. She's like K'Kruhk like that. And falling/walking into a Sarlacc isn't instant death (see Boba Fett, Galen Marek)

20. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    I don't think Galen counts for that, jace.

21. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Well, on the 360 version at least, he goes inside of one on his second trip to Felucia.

22. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    I know, but he doesn't fall in, he willingly enters and through a protected elevator, removing some of the danger. I don't think we'll see Shaak Ti back.

23. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I thought most of the damage was done by the several digestive parts, which Galen did pass through.

You're probably right, (about her reappearing or not) she was the most credible enemy Starkiller defeated (besides the Death Star scene), and the ptb won't want to undermine the guy they've been hyping for 2 years. Anyway, since my theory doesn't have any evidence, I'll just stop derailing the thread with my wild conjectures. ;)
    Go about your business, move along [/Obi-wan]

24. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    No worries, I was just replying to your opinion with my own.

25. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Unlocked and bumped on request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.