main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Galen Marek Fanclub: The Starkiller Alliance.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mister_Master, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Not really the place for this. Going to move it to the Marek fanclub in EUC.

2. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Agreed with Iron Lord . Check out the novelization if you want some more detail YodasGrandad

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I love Starkiller. I wish that TFU II had either not ended on a cliffhanger, or that there was a TFU III.

Revanfan1 and Orman Tagge like this.
  4. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    I never understood WHY Galen Marek was stated to be over-rated ... I mean did he really have the raw Force potential to become one of the most Powerful if not the most Powerful character in Star Wars history in the EU and rivaling even Anakin for the matter? Or Palpatine, Master Yoda, Anakin, Luke, The Revanchist or Darth Caedus to name a few are easily still more Powerful than what he'll be...

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Surely Starkiller has enough of a following for him to be hinted at in the new canon

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  6. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    I'm curious - I know Galen Marek has been labelled as 'over-rated' and such BUT I want to know - honestly DID HE really have POTENTIAL TO BECOME ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL FORCE-USERS IN SW HISTORY? Canon or EU-wise? I mean like even MORE SO than Anakin?

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

His powers basically have been grossly exaggerated. EvanNova95 explained this in his video, "Ahsoka Tano vs. Galen Marek," and Jensaarai1 did as well in his video, "Count Dooku vs. Galen Marek." Marek was indeed extremely powerful, but the best depiction of his abilities is in the novelization of The Force Unleashed. Marek did not defeat Sidious Palpatine. Sidious was using deception to make him feel like he had won in order to pounce and destroy him when Marek's guard was down. It was another of one of his machinations. I imagine Sidious was disappointed that Marek did not kill Vader and he had some small hope that he could beat Marek into submission, but by the time Marek decided to shield Kota and the Rebel leaders from Sidious's lightning, Sidious was like, "That's enough. I'm taking this boy out." He then proceeded to overload him with the lightning, and Marek thought it felt like a supernova was exploding in his chest. I think Marek was on par with Shaak Ti and Darth Vader, but I don't think he was more powerful than Anakin could have become had Anakin sustained none of his injuries. He did wield the Force better than Anakin did when he was a Jedi. Overall, I'd describe him as a Sith apprentice who became a promising Grey Jedi.

Anyhow, the reason I like Galen Marek is mainly due to his overall story, his love for Juno Eclipse, and how he turned his life around. He chose honor and martyrdom as a Jedi over what Vader and Sidious offered him. He starts out as a photo negative of Luke Skywalker (what he could have become if he had joined his father) with a bit of Darth Maul in him, but he wound up becoming something important for the galaxy and for himself.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone else just assume Starkiller and Juno joined the Hidden Temple that K'Kruhk, Tra'a Saa and Altis set up, actually having a peaceful life?

Sent from the World

9. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    frigate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.