main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Gallery emptied...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Marmida, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    edit:post emptied

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like your figures, Marmida--the poses and fluidity are very realistic, and gives them a dynamic quality. I also really like your painting: it has a wonderful, "soft" feel to it, which, I think, goes well with the emotion we see there. Very nice (and I hope you got a good grade on it! ;) ).

FF

3. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    you've got so much work and so many different mediums, it's cool to see so many people with such variety. I am a psychology major (so exciting).. and one of my professors who is sort of a hippy helped me appriciate diversity in all things.. the fact that you can create such different works of art is a testimony to how vividly people can express their creativity.. but I'm not sure how relevant any of this is, so either way, great work.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, you're fast in getting these up. :p

In your new batch, I really like how the first few looks like quick gesture drawings(maybe they are). The loose and stray lines add more movement to them. :)

And like Dk said, I enjoy seeing your work come across in a variety of mediums. It was really a treat to see an acrylic painting thrown in there with the others.

5. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Post emptied

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh, wow...I really LOVE that Ep3 drawing. Is that done with pen? I really like how Obi-Wan is surrounded by baddies. It kinda sets the tone of the film. ;)

7. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I don't visit the Fan Art forum very much anymore but Marmida, your Sabewan drawings and other drawings are so beautiful! You're very talented! Don't be afraid to send any of the Sabewan drawings to Fated to Be.

~aeryn

8. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Thank you HS29! I did it first with pencil and then used pen over the pencil. In the end I rubbed the pencil away. I got idea for it from the cardboard pics that come with the new SW figures. I bought Obi and my brothers (I have 2 of them) bought Vader and clone :D

Aeryn.I will post you more Sabewan as soon as I have time to fight with my E-mail.
    Thank you for the compliment! [face_blush]

Marmida

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like the Ep.III piece, too, Marmida--very good likenesses and nice dynamic poses for them all. I agree with our mod, that it sort of "sets the tone" for the upcoming movie! And nice pieces above that--again, lovely use of color. Your work really has a lot of versatility, which I admire!

FF

10. Padme_0421

Padme_0421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    Hey Marmida!
    Sorry I took so long to reply to your reply, lol, I forgot that I replied :p! I really like your new additions to your thread, especially the Ep. III one! I like the pose they are in:), very pretty. Speaking of very pretty, "tres belle" means very beautiful(pretty) in French :). Keep drawing those wonderful pics!

~KT

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    that's cool marmida.

~aeryn

12. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    How did I quess that that ep.3 pic was going to be popular? :p

FF Yes the tension is rising as the day go by... I just can´t wait!

PadmeThank you for the compliment. And I´ve learned my fist french words now! :D

Aeryn :D

I have to wake the scanner up soon again to give you something more to see...
    See ya!

Marmida

13. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Here is some 'old' pieces I found when I was cleaning my room.
    They are from years 2002 and 2003.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/manga_oc.jpg]
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/obi_hay.jpg]
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/padme_2.jpg]

And this is for Padme_0421
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/cw_gown_n.jpg]

And this is an extra
    [image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/red_lady.jpg]

Enjoy!

Marmida

14. Padme_0421

Padme_0421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    Hey Marmida!

I really like your "new" drawings :). Thanks for the picture, I feel so special ^_^, I really like it! Keep it up :)

~KT

15. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I love the pic of that blue dress, it just flows so nicely, great work again.

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree with Dk. The Padme with the blue dress really catches your eye. I can't quite put my finger one what it is that makes it stand out, but it may be the handling of the colored pencils(?). Overall, excellent update! :)

17. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Padme
    :D Nice you liked. It´s Padmes CW dress I made with 'realistic' touch. I like the dress very much, espesially the cloack.

Dk
    Yep! I like it too and somehow knew it will be popular :p

HanSolo29
    Yes, it is made with colour pencils. I did it 2002 after ep.2. And the soft feeling comes for the shoulders where the light touches strongly, I think.

Thank U again for the feedback!
    Next time:
    Clone Wars fanart...

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Oh wow, Padme's lake retreat gown is beautifu, Marmida. That's my favorite gown, and you rendered it so beautifully. That drawing of Obi-Wan, who was he with? I couldn't tell.

~aeryn

19. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    AERYN_SUN
    That girl with Obi was one of my manymanymanymany Original Characters. And it´s so old pic I don´t even remember her name :p And lake retreat gown is my favourite too. I liked to play with the colours of it.
    And I visited Fated yo be. Thank you so much for putting those pics there! I appreciate it very much!

Marmida

20. HawkHeadKentil

HawkHeadKentil Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    That blue dress thing is definatly awesome.

21. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Which one:the manga or padme one?
    Thanks anyways!

22. HawkHeadKentil

HawkHeadKentil Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    The Padme one. I like the face too.

23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful work, Marmida! I have to agree with everyone else, and say my fav of the new pieces is the Padme-in-blue (although the stunning redhead is also great!). You have a wonderful way of shading with color, not unlike Obi-Dawn Kenobi--it's a technique that really deepens the hues, and brings out the "volume" of the subject--beautiful! How did you color that redhead, BTW (it sort of looks like PS, but I wanted to ask)?

FF

24. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    FF
    I used my famous crappy iPhoto Express -programme from Ulead. It came with our scanner in year 1998. The scanner is top, but the programme stinks after few times with PS I have used at school. Redhead I made fully with IPE (as I call the programme) because the scanner took a brake last fall. It is rather good though the mouse was crappy already in those times. Nowdays I try not to draw with our homecomputer because that mouse is a piece of sith ****. It does it´s own things. :mad:
    Thanks for the compliment about Padmés Dress!

New art later this week!

25. Clone_Fan

Clone_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    Wagga? Are Obi and Sabé lovers? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I like Alfa (what you drew for your little brother)
    and Obi, Vader, clone. :D :D :D

Clone_Fan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.