main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Gallery emptied...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Marmida, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I just got here and I really like your drawings :)

My favorites are first Obi-Wan and Alfa :D
    Pity, I don`t have such a good hand in artworks :(

Anyway, nice pics :)

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I like the obi_hay.jpg the best. Getting figures the right proportions and looking natural is difficult, but you've done it. Look forward to seeing more.

3. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Sorry for being away so long! Our computer was broken and I wasn´t able to get online...
    But now I´m back!

C_F
    Yep. Sabé and Obi are lovers, at least in sabewan.
    Nice you liked those! :D

Starshine
    I like those too! Thanks for cheking :D

soit
    obi_hay was made from ep 2 comic. I just changed Zam to another person and put them in long grass. My style is to use lots of reference pics an change them.

New art later today!

Marmida

4. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    And here is some Clone Wars fan art:

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/people_col.jpg]

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/cw_salan.jpg]

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/dark_cw.jpg]

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/jediA-KS/asajj.jpg]

Enjoy!

5. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I really like the first pic with everyone in it. It is so accurate to the series, you could have animated the whole thing yourself. I also like the one of Padme in that snowy getup, it's very well done.

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful, Marmida! I, too, like the first one in your last post, especially the shot of Salan and Obi "in the rain:" the look on Obi's face shows he's just not having a good time right there! [face_laugh] Great emotion in all the faces, too--well done!

I also really like the one of the Jedi (?) in the fur-trimmed hood--beautiful movement in that one, very easy and natural.

And Ventress is just--cool! She's a great character, and you've rendered her well!

Keep up the great work!

FF

7. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    My favourite one is Obi-Wan and Anakin in pencils.

8. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Thanks DK It was made at scool during biology lesson... :p

FF
    Hehe! I had that face of obi in my las avatar and it just suits him so well...
    And that fur-girl is a jedi, but a turned one. I had some dark thoughts when I made it.

Tyson
    Welcome to my art thread! I like that drawing too. It was my first really well done work. I was 15 when I made it. I hope you liked the others too!

Next time pastels, pencils and coloured pencils...

Marmida

9. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Hey! I'm liking the clone wars stuff! I've tried some of that myself but I prooved useless at it!

I like the hooded jedi and Asajj! This style really suits you I think!

Likin the work! ;)

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very cool Clone Wars art. I really like the one of all the characters' portraits on it. I think you captured every single one of them very well - especially Anakin. I really like the smug expression on his face in that image. Nice job! :)

11. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Esira
    I like those two too. Especially Asajj. I don´t like baddies very much, so it is rare for me to draw someone like her.

HS29
    Ani and Obi in that drawing are made from reference pics I found fron net. Salan and Padmé came from my own brains.

BTW I have a Clone Wars-style comic under work. It is an AU to ep 3. And it´s quite funny :D . Though I cant draw ships and in the first pic I planned to draw Naboo yatch so it is empty at the moment. :( . Have roam the net find reference for it too.

Update coming soon.

Marmida

12. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I can't wait! You will let us know when it's finished I hope.

13. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Hi! I´ve been lazy with updating here, because the scanner isn´t valid at the moment, but I have a gallery on DeviantART if you are interested.
    Here is a link:
    http://jedia-ks.deviantart.com/

Marmida

14. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I really like the pose in "obi-Wan rocks!"

15. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Thanks Kenu!:D [:D]

16. Kenu

Kenu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    most welcome ^_^

17. Clone_Fan

Clone_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    HMMMM...[face_batting]
    Good works!=D=

18. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Your work is so lovely! I love it all, even if overly sweet as you put it. :)

19. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Well thank you, Rogue and C_F. [:D]

20. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Emptied

21. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    HI Marmida!!! Where have you been keeping yourself?

Great update--I'm especially loving the Dark Obi Wan, Grievous, Vader and the Kenobi family! Dark Obi Wan is wonderful--great sense of movement and action here, and wonderful version of our esteemed Jedi Master in a Dark guise! The Grievous piece gave me a giggle, as it was a bit tough to take him seriously when he was wheezing and coughing like a poor sick soul all the time! ;) The Kenobi family is great--I like how you've kept the recognizable costuming for the parents, and how cute is little Mara?! Was this for a fan fic...? The Vader drawing is awesome!! Great work on capturing that blasted-hard shiny armor and helmet--excellent shading there! And your comic looks great, even if you aren't going to finish it (Lord knows, I'd be a fine one to compel you to complete it when I have a dozen things in various stages of "not-being-done!" :p )! The links for Anakin and Padme Ep.3 and for the Obi-Wan piece weren't working for me, so I didn't get to see them--this is a great update though! Very nice work!

FF

22. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Links not working? Pfft... Blame DeviantART... :p Joke... Just try again or use This link to my gallery main page: jedia-ks.deviantart.com
    And about the artwork: [:D] [:D] [:D] For checking!!!!!
    I've been busy at DA and with my fanfic all the summer and now I FINALLY had some time to visit here.
    Dark Obi is my personal favourite too [face_devil] I just have to find some time to write his story...
    About stories, click the link in my sig to read my fic! It isn't finished yet though...
    I'll reply later more, but now I gotta hurry to finnish matriculation exam re-take.
    Gosh I thought my highschool was over last spring... But no. I had to try to improve my finnish grade... Crap...
    :p
    CYA!
    And it feels good to be back!

23. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
  24. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Obi and Siri, Clone wars style ? That looks neato! you got a steady hand AND patients to do something cool looking with a mouse.. heheh and with elements XD

Darth Ewaine attacks ? So much movement and action in this picture! Its great I?ll make a suggestion and tell you that you should illustrate more scenes from your fan fics!

Alrience Kenobi - thats absolutely perfect! i love the do!

ps. seen your gallery on DA, very impressive!

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, man! Love the "In the Bushes" picture! LOL! Poor kids--caught by Master Qui Gon! Great scene, and well done, too (great little "thought bubbles" in there!)!

"Darth Ewaine" is a wonderful "action" piece--I agree with labpizza that the movement is very dynamic, particularly with all three subjects in motion. Nicely done!

And the portrait of Obi Wan's daughter is gorgeous (and I really love your pencil work here, too!)!! It really bears a resemblance to the character, and looks very realistic: her hair and her eyes really grabbed me, and the shading gives her a wonderful "space" in the frame. Beautiful! And yeah--go ahead and illustrate your fics--perfect inspiration, it seems! Great stuff, Marmida!

And oh--I'm green with envy that you can produce all this beautiful work in such a short time! With me, it's like watching lichen form on rocks, lol! ;)

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.