1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Gallery emptied...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Marmida, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Immortal-Soul Jedi Knight

great artworks. you are very talented
  2. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Very nice works of art!

But, why would I want to see Obi-Wan as a woman? He looks so right as a sexy man![:D] :p ;) (Ummm... I am talking about YOUNG Obi-Wan, not the OT version. Although, Sir Alec was pretty hot in his younger years).

Great job on the pic, though. It is an excellent drawing and the coloring was excellent. I wish I could draw that well.

AG88
  3. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks everyone!!

FalconFan: The Obi/Siri-wallie is actually a Obi/Sabé. The text is rather dark there...
    Nice to hear you liked Pareal and Obiann! i'm quite proud of them myself... :p

Miana: [:D]Nice to see there is other Sabewan fans! And [face_blush] for your comment... :p

Immortal-Soul
    :[face_blush] Thanks!

ag88: Female-Obi was just a result of a boring afternoon... And you are damn right about young Obi! He IS hot!!
    And thanks for the comment!! [face_blush]

More will come as soon as I get something done. The scanner is invalid at the moment...

Marmida
  4. NeitiPadme Force Ghost

star 5
    Very good new pictures Marmida!! How someone can draw like that... So wonderful!

Do you create those clothes yourself or do you use some Star Wars clothes from comics example? I just thought, because they're very nice and personal.
  5. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks NP. You mean the original clothing? For some of them I have a base from the SW costumes. For the other I just let my pencil draw and use my imagination.

Here is a new piece:
    Rebel Commander GirlOT era original character... Colouring practice...
    :D

Well that was all...

Marmida
  6. NeitiPadme Force Ghost

star 5
    I mean those which are not Star Wars clothes :p

Nice one Marmida! Lovely hair colour!
  7. Thyke Jedi Padawan

Those are great!!! Keep up to goodwork :D ...
  8. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
  9. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    Hi Marmida! I just wanted to say hi and I love your artwork! I like how you've drawn a lot of the handmaidens - they never get enough coverage! :) Keep up the great work!
  10. FettFan79 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great pics! I like the handmaiden and clone trooper...the handmaiden one is kinda wispy like in a dream or something...I like that effect!
  11. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey!
    Adi_Gallia_9: Hmm... I've liked the HMs since Ep. 1, but the fandom bloomed when I found Sabewan... :p But thanks for your kind words! *bows*

FettFan79: Thanks! Yes, she is like a dream, but a nice dream... :D
  12. NeitiPadme Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow! Nice pictures Marmida! I love that Handmaiden! Very lovely colours!
  13. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great new pieces you've added, Marmida! I especially like the Rebel Commando Girl and the Clone trooper--the trooper in particular has an excellent sense of motion, and the steep downward view we have of him gives a great energy to this one. The Siri-in-the-rain does indeed have a big emotional impact--we can clearly see her sorrow, even if her tears are lost in the rain... Very nice capture of emotion there. And your deviantart ID is a lovely piece--I agree with the assessment that it has a "dreamlike" quality to it, with the smoky look to the background and the muted colors. Lovely! Nice additions!

FF
  14. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks NP!

FalconFan: Yep, liking the motion in clone too! And Siri is just another of my 'sniff, why jedi can't love, wahh' scraps... Just a very good one.
    DA ID was just an one-hour-scripple... I was bored to my old one... :p

Marmida
  15. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Hey Marmida!!

Wow, very nice drawings!!
    I really like the fashion designs you have created for the girls, all the long dresses and things like that. They are all very flowing and nice!!
    Alright, so I'm showing that I love to sew. :D

As for the drawings, I especially like the first OT girl. She looks so real! Great job!!!!
    I would have to say the obi wan & anakin side by side, Anakin looks great! obi Wan's eyes are a bit long (for me anyways :) ) and his lower lip is too defined. Other than that it looked great!!

Keep up the good work and thanks for coming to review mine too!

Take care and God bless!
    ~N
  16. Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Knight

star 2
    I like how much of the no-nonsense toughness of the character in Rebel Commando Girl comes across. Her expression makes me think that she's well aware she's tough and coupled with the stance, wouldn't care if she had to demonstrate so. I particularly like what you did with the lineart to give off shine. It stand out and is unique. The painting is nice, especially on the camo pants. :D

Clone Commander Thedo's pose of promise of action looks great! (love the angle) I really like how you painted his helmet and the side of his armour (the streaks part). Siri in the rain is so emotional, and the rain only enhances it to me. You really feel for whatever it is that has saddend her. The Handmaiden themed DA ID was nicely layed out and bordered. It has a picture-frame effect and it's nice to see some work involving those characters.

- Suz ^_~
  17. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    Nidrail: Hey thanks! I like to sew too. Actually I'm studying dressmaking at the moment!
    About the artwork: Obi-Ani piece was made 4 years ago, so there can be (and surely is) misformations... My works in that era where, well, not so good. I just burned a pile of the most horrible pieces. [face_devil]

But THANK U!!!!

Your_Worshipfulness:
    Yeah, the Reb girl is a tough from the shell, but inside... Who knows?
    Thedo is my tribute for all the clonetroopers in SW. I like clones a bit, 'cause my little bro' loves them.

But Thanks about your comments!

See ya!

Marmida
  18. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Hey cool dressmaking rocks!!! I do all doll stuff, though. I'm actually kinda working on a large dress for me (i'm insane, there's no pattern)
    but other than that I love tiny!! Well alright 16" fashion doll isn't tiny, but its small enough.

Ah, four years ago??? Good grief!! LOL yes I understand completely, have done plenty of that meself, burning papers that is. :D
    Hey can't wait to see more drawings and such!

Take care and God bless!
    ~N
  19. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    Nidrail:
    I've done Barbie-doll clothes since I was about 11 years old. Just last spring it extended into real clothes as I did a summerdress that was quite similar to Padmés tatoiine poncho underdress. And wore it when went to see eppie 3! :D
    I've done some SW-doll-costume modifications since 2000, though the costumes aren't right colour... :p At the moment the best one is the packing gown, which I made 2004, if I remember right... After that I've done mostly my own SWish designs.
    Now I'm thinking to do either Padmés familygown or cut senategown from eppie 2.
    And yes... The Picnicgown next year as my 'Portfolio' of dressmaking... Can't wait for that!!!

Patternless sewing!? You ARE insane... :p Hopefully the fabric isn't too expensive...

See Ya!

Marmida
  20. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    UPDATE!!!!!
    [face_dancing]
    After a LONG while!
    So here are.

Tressé Naberrié in her jedi clothingAn OC again... Tressé is a fun character to play with, because she isn't quite 'ready' yet, but she is a jedi, at least at a while.

Sabewan: After the battle.After some random battle Obi-Wan and Sabé share a private moment... I like this very much myself.

Sabewan: First kiss.I just HAD to do a pic of the kissing... Sabés hood isn't very good.. I fought with it at least an hour... [face_frustrated] But otherwise it's nice.

Critic is allways welcomed!

Marmida
  21. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, very impressiv. My fav is the first, Padmé's twin. She looks so cool! =D= But the others are also very good, keep up the great work! :)
  22. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    These are beautiful, Marmida! The two paintings definitely show a leaning toward that ol' "wicktone lighting!" They have a lovely soft "glow" to them that's very warm and realistic--very, very pretty! The photo-manip is also beautifully done (and I'm really liking the B & W there--to me, it's just lovely!)--very nice blending of the images and the lighting. Lovely pieces all, my dear! Keep up the great work!

FF
  23. latetowork Jedi Knight

I am in love with your OC Girl... she looks stoic... and hot at the same time.
  24. Marmida Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks ya all for commenting!!

Chilla:[face_blush] Thanks... I'm quite proud of those all... And nice that you like Tressé !(thouhg her name is lame... Just browsed throuhg my dads Finnish-French dictionary and found a nice word :p )

FalconFan: [face_blush] I finally forced myself to do something well and carefully and those three are results of that!

latetowork: :D Well, she is serious about what she is doing... :p

Marmida
  25. Nidrail Moderator Emeritus

star 3
    Wow, neat new artwork, Marmida! I like the sketchy style they are in. It gives it a neat touch!

BTW do you have a picture of the packing dress you did? That is my FAVORITE dress Padme ever wore.

~N
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.