main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gallifrey Outpost: New Dr Who Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by AmberStarbright, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    So, there are 13 episodes in this season... Why are there 2 per disk? What brilliant imbecile came up with this release format?

Thoughts on disk 2, lots of spoilers:
    Whay the HELL!!! The actor they have as Churchill is horrible. Just Horrible! Yuck. He's almost as bad... as the new Dalek designs. Some of the fins and ad-ons are OK, but the over all look... Something that iKea would have rejected. We went from knobbly pepper-pots to Mr Coffee with attitude. Amy Pond is pretty much ignored by all the characters, and the Doctor has yet to develop one. What, does Matt Smith have David Tennant Backlash? And the stories are just getting worse. Really, it make me long to the worst of RTDs stories. Maybe that's the idea? And the Weeping Angels story with River Song is severely lacking. If I don't see a severely impressive improvement by the end of the season, I'm not going to bother watching any further. When you consider that I've been watching this show since 1982...
    Oh, and the BRILLIANT DVD design means part one of one story is on disk2, while part two is on disk3. Are they padding it out because unlike the other seasons, they don't have a special to take up disk 1, but want to have a 6-disk set? Seems a bit daft to me.