main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Game Day June 5th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corvalis, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    Click on the link for the details here.

I will be running a D&D 3.5 game AND a Doctor Who game AND possibly more, depending on how wornout I am after the first two. It runs from 9am to midnight, and as long as I have players, or there are games to entertain me, I will be there!

If you guys want a guaranteed spot in one of my games, just let me know, I will make sure there is room.

Hope to see you guys there!

2. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I don't know what my schedule is for that day. If I'm able, I'd love to attend.
    Do you run your D&D in approximately the same manner as "FellStar"?
    And, do you have anything that's pregenerated? I haven't had a D&D character in decades. Literally.

P.S. There has been some progress on the exterior of your lightsaber. Though I went with the simplest design that you sent me, everyone said it looked great. As soon as I can figure out how to get the damned thing apart again, I'll finish the internals on the switch.
    Did you want the switch to be "momentary" or "locked-on"?

3. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Both of my games are one shot games. Meaning the characters are done once the adventure is done. The D&D game will have pregenerated characters but the Dr. Who game won't because I have to go over the mechanics of the game with the players since it's not a standard system.

Here's the synopsis for the D&D game. It's a module that I ran the first time I was GM, and I've run it about 6 or 7 times since then:

Night of the Walking Dead
    Players: 4-6
    Duration: 3+ hours
    Start: Evening (around 6pm)
    System: D&D 3.5

Flavor Text: In a rain soaked graveyard, a small group of men stands round a coffin bound with heavy chains. "We are here to mourn the passing of Jean de Cardeau," intones the village priest. "Let us pray that his rest is eternal, and that he never returns." As the pallbearers lift the coffin, something scrapes on the wood from inside. Quickly and without emotion, the attendants slide the casket into a crypt. Then they seal the door and flee. Behind them, unheard, a dull thudding begins, growing louder with the onset of twilight. There can be no peace for those who linger in the earthly realm after death. And there can be no sanctuary on the Night of the Walking Dead!

Description: Classic Ravenloft adventure! Characters will be provided due to special rules of the campaign setting.

And here's the description for the Doctor Who game. I just recently discovered this game system, and I really like it for the setting of Dr. Who. Of course, I'm a huge fan of it, so once I learned it had it's own RPG, I was determined to run it!:

The Companion Conundrum
    Players: 3-5
    Duration: 3+ hours
    Start: Morning (around 10am)
    System: Doctor Who

Flavor Text: Strange things seem to be happening everywhere. Bodies rising from graves, they sky filled with thick black clouds, eerie voices in the breeze. London is in a state of crisis, as people continue to disappear. Hopeful eyes turn to the Doctor to save the day. But those eyes see only shadows. The Doctor is gone, claimed by whatever is plaguing the city. Can the members of L.I.N.D.A. (London Investigation 'N Detective Agency) bring life back to the dying town? Or is the Doctor and all of England lost for all time?

Description: A new Doctor Who Adventure using the most recent system from the Doctor Who RPG. Characters will be made on site, to go over the mechanics before the game.

4. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    PS - I would love to have the switch lock on! Can't wait to see it! Any chance you could send some pics of it? I don't even remember the design I sent to you!

5. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I havnt had a chance to look over the game schedule (if thee is one). But I might in on the D&D game. I wont commit to anything that starts before noon, tho.

6. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I was thinking of holding another project meeting that day, Corvalis would you be interested in combining forces? We can set you guys up downstairs for the games.
    I have no interest in stepping on anyone's toes so please feel free to tell me no!

7. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    I'd second having a meeting at Smudge's. It's a day I have time off work and I have projects to do.

8. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Smudge: I would be super inclined to yes about combining forces, but it's an actual event being held at Cataldo Hall at Gonzaga, and I'm not in charge.

On top of that, I will NOT being doing the morning game. The fiance and I ahve things to do this weekend, but if I get time before my evening game, I will stop by and say hi!

9. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Understood,
    So what I'll do is host for those who are not gaming, and for any who want to stop by beforehand or after etc.

10. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I'll most likely be going to the Game Day.

Dave: I'm not seeing a schedule for Game Day. Just the page for the SpoCon schedule. Is there a link you can give me for saturday's schedule?

11. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    There is only one official list right now, and no one but the Head of Gaming for SpoCon can see it right now. I will bug Chad to put it online this week though.

12. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Just for the record, I'm not tryiong to steal any thunder from game day, This is just going to be the best weekend in June for me. Please go to the game session if that's your thing! My door'll be open all day so come on over whenever! (just not before 1:00 please?) lol

13. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    And also for the record, I'm not trying to steal thunder from project/social meetings!

14. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    No worries there bro! If nothing else, you got here first!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.