Game Night & Year-in-Review 2005 Video - January 14th

Discussion in 'Nashville, TN' started by obi-TN, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was thinking about having a Star Wars game night and showing my video of this year's events: Sounds game, Line Party, DragonCon, Horror Fest, slideshows of all events. Saturday, January 14th, 2006, works for me. If only a few people are coming, it will be at my apartment. If we have a big crowd, we can hopefully be at my parents' house.

What do you guys think?
  2. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    I would be interested in coming...if nothing else but to meet some of the local members on the boards.theforce.net now that time will permit. The games would also be fun. The parades would have been good, but too many birthdays and other fun around those times made that nearly impossible.

All I would need are directions to which ever site you chose, a time, and what if anything you would like us to bring. I have nothing that I have to do on the 14th, so that will work out well.
  3. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I managed to get the 14th off from work, so that will work for me, too.

Perhaps a little Battlefront II action?
  4. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it sounds as if Dylan is challenging you people!
    If only I had an xbox.......I'd kick his @%&!!!!
  5. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    I actually bought Battlefront II since Target had it for $34. Of course, whether I'll have played by then is yet to be seen. I have to finish the video.

and there's no beating Dylan. Won't happen.
  6. Doc_Savage Jedi Knight

star 1

Patrick and I should be able to make it. Don't think I'll try playing against Dylan...

7. SaberSpanker Jedi Knight

Wow. you are all giving Dylan a hell of alot of credit.

I think I could whoop his a$$.

I could take him.

I may be small, but I'm whilly. Quick. I'll surprise you.

Besides, if it's a shot-em-up game I'm all in! I welcome a challenge >:)
  8. dwrd Jedi Padawan

Is there a time for this yet? The talk of Battlefront is intriguing me. Sounds like a perfect time to hook a couple of boxes together to me.
  9. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    I have a friend from college that has it, so I am vaguely familiar with the controls and one map (Endor I think). I don't have an X-Box. But I am quite adept in Unreal Tournament 2004 on PC (tee hee!), so I'm more than happy to participate. Jan 14th still works for me.
  10. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, we're getting close to having enough people to move it to my parents' house. If the Chicago Bears are playing on Saturday, the event will definitely be at my folks' house, because we will be watching the game at 3:30. We would probably start the event at noon, unless people would rather do it after the game.

If the Bears play Sunday, then we can really start at any time on Saturday. Probably would just push it back to 1 or 2. What do you guys want to do?

When the Bears play will not be known until sometime this weekend.

As for Dylan, I played Battlefront with him once and he was unreal. I was lucky to stay alive for a few minutes at a time and he ends up with as many kills as everyone else put together.
  11. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I should be able to make this event. Never played the game, but I'll take on Hama. Danielle, if you're going to whip boo-tay, make sure to bring the right tool for the job. ;)
  12. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
  13. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    I've got an improv comedy seminar Saturday morning from 10-1, so I probably won't be able to make it until 1:30 or so.

Also, there's a 2-4 player cooperative mode in Battlefront II, so we can get a bunch of people teamed up together.
  14. dwrd Jedi Padawan

I thought that this would be more of an evening event. I have to work on Sat, so it looks like I will have to be out.
  15. SaberSpanker Jedi Knight

SO you want to have a party to watch a DVD and play Battlefront but you're planing it around watching the Bears play? The logic escapes me Steiny.....

And if it's during the day, I'm out too. I work during the day.
  16. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, we could certainly make it an evening event. I did say "Game Night".

I hadn't thought about the NFL playoffs when I came up with the idea. I guess we could start sometime between 6 and 7 depending on if the Bears are playing.
  17. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, the Bears are playing Sunday, so that was a red herring.

I guess we will start around 6 o'clock and maybe order pizza or something once most people have arrived.

18. DVDMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been getting really behind on my study schedule for the CPA exam. Sorry there Turbo, but I think I'm going to have to sit this one out.
  19. jedichic07 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry there turbo???[face_thinking] uh, ok....
  20. Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA

star 6
    Could be worse as far as nicknames go. We had to come up with a nickname for the new guy at work named "Brad" since we already had a "Brad" on the detail. We started calling him "Little Brad" (due to his stature). In Spanish, that became "Brad Menor." So his full name would be Brad Menor Williams, which became "BMW," which became "Beemer." He likes that, so we stuck with it.

Anyways, 6:00 sounds good.
  21. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    DVDMaster has given me the nickname "Turbo" because he thinks Turbo was the character who was the jousting champ on American Gladiators and I have that big lance for my Obi-Wan costume. Extensive web searching has led me to Turbo's record and he was 20-4 over 6 seasons in the Joust. At least one guy did it more often, but had a worse overall record.
  22. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    My parents' address is 4914 Lynmont Drive. Let me know if anyone needs directions.
  23. SaberSpanker Jedi Knight

Now when does this thing start? I work till 9:15, thereby getting home at around 9:40ish....still be going on then?
  24. obi-TN Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think so. We are starting around 6, but I expect we'll go to at least 11.

BTW, you can BYOB.
  25. Lord_Kosh Force Ghost

star 2
    I used mapquest.com to get directions....assuming they are right, but it looks right by the map. Should I BYOC...Cola/Soda? Would you like something else like chips, snacks, ...etc?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.