main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Nash, TN Game Night & Year-in-Review 2005 Video - January 14th

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by obi-TN, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I was thinking about having a Star Wars game night and showing my video of this year's events: Sounds game, Line Party, DragonCon, Horror Fest, slideshows of all events. Saturday, January 14th, 2006, works for me. If only a few people are coming, it will be at my apartment. If we have a big crowd, we can hopefully be at my parents' house.

What do you guys think?

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    I would be interested in coming...if nothing else but to meet some of the local members on the boards.theforce.net now that time will permit. The games would also be fun. The parades would have been good, but too many birthdays and other fun around those times made that nearly impossible.

All I would need are directions to which ever site you chose, a time, and what if anything you would like us to bring. I have nothing that I have to do on the 14th, so that will work out well.

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I managed to get the 14th off from work, so that will work for me, too.

Perhaps a little Battlefront II action?

4. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I think it sounds as if Dylan is challenging you people!
    If only I had an xbox.......I'd kick his @%&!!!!

5. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I actually bought Battlefront II since Target had it for $34. Of course, whether I'll have played by then is yet to be seen. I have to finish the video.

and there's no beating Dylan. Won't happen.

6. Doc_Savage

Doc_Savage Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2004

Patrick and I should be able to make it. Don't think I'll try playing against Dylan...

7. SaberSpanker

SaberSpanker Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    Wow. you are all giving Dylan a hell of alot of credit.

I think I could whoop his a$$.

I could take him.

I may be small, but I'm whilly. Quick. I'll surprise you.

Besides, if it's a shot-em-up game I'm all in! I welcome a challenge >:)

8. dwrd

dwrd Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    Is there a time for this yet? The talk of Battlefront is intriguing me. Sounds like a perfect time to hook a couple of boxes together to me.

9. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I have a friend from college that has it, so I am vaguely familiar with the controls and one map (Endor I think). I don't have an X-Box. But I am quite adept in Unreal Tournament 2004 on PC (tee hee!), so I'm more than happy to participate. Jan 14th still works for me.

10. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Well, we're getting close to having enough people to move it to my parents' house. If the Chicago Bears are playing on Saturday, the event will definitely be at my folks' house, because we will be watching the game at 3:30. We would probably start the event at noon, unless people would rather do it after the game.

If the Bears play Sunday, then we can really start at any time on Saturday. Probably would just push it back to 1 or 2. What do you guys want to do?

When the Bears play will not be known until sometime this weekend.

As for Dylan, I played Battlefront with him once and he was unreal. I was lucky to stay alive for a few minutes at a time and he ends up with as many kills as everyone else put together.

11. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I think I should be able to make this event. Never played the game, but I'll take on Hama. Danielle, if you're going to whip boo-tay, make sure to bring the right tool for the job. ;)

12. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    [hl=darkblue]GO BEARS!!![/hl] [face_dancing]

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I've got an improv comedy seminar Saturday morning from 10-1, so I probably won't be able to make it until 1:30 or so.

Also, there's a 2-4 player cooperative mode in Battlefront II, so we can get a bunch of people teamed up together.

14. dwrd

dwrd Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    I thought that this would be more of an evening event. I have to work on Sat, so it looks like I will have to be out.

15. SaberSpanker

Sep 25, 2005
    SO you want to have a party to watch a DVD and play Battlefront but you're planing it around watching the Bears play? The logic escapes me Steiny.....

And if it's during the day, I'm out too. I work during the day.

16. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Well, we could certainly make it an evening event. I did say "Game Night".

I hadn't thought about the NFL playoffs when I came up with the idea. I guess we could start sometime between 6 and 7 depending on if the Bears are playing.

17. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Well, the Bears are playing Sunday, so that was a red herring.

I guess we will start around 6 o'clock and maybe order pizza or something once most people have arrived.

18. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    I've been getting really behind on my study schedule for the CPA exam. Sorry there Turbo, but I think I'm going to have to sit this one out.

19. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Sorry there turbo???[face_thinking] uh, ok....

20. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Could be worse as far as nicknames go. We had to come up with a nickname for the new guy at work named "Brad" since we already had a "Brad" on the detail. We started calling him "Little Brad" (due to his stature). In Spanish, that became "Brad Menor." So his full name would be Brad Menor Williams, which became "BMW," which became "Beemer." He likes that, so we stuck with it.

Anyways, 6:00 sounds good.

21. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    DVDMaster has given me the nickname "Turbo" because he thinks Turbo was the character who was the jousting champ on American Gladiators and I have that big lance for my Obi-Wan costume. Extensive web searching has led me to Turbo's record and he was 20-4 over 6 seasons in the Joust. At least one guy did it more often, but had a worse overall record.

22. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    My parents' address is 4914 Lynmont Drive. Let me know if anyone needs directions.

23. SaberSpanker

Sep 25, 2005
    Now when does this thing start? I work till 9:15, thereby getting home at around 9:40ish....still be going on then?

24. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I think so. We are starting around 6, but I expect we'll go to at least 11.

BTW, you can BYOB.

25. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I used mapquest.com to get directions....assuming they are right, but it looks right by the map. Should I BYOC...Cola/Soda? Would you like something else like chips, snacks, ...etc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.