main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Game Nights at Triple Play this Summer

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Thank you to everyone who is making Star Wars Gaming Nights at Triple Play a huge success!!!

As some of you know, I will be living in Little Rock this summer, but I can't stay away from my beloved Memphis and this TOTALLY WIZARD FanForce! So, I am making a special trip each and every month so that I can help set up Star Wars Gaming Nights at Triple Play, every last Thursday of the Month! It will be from 5-9pm as usual and we will be doing all the usual things--Star Wars minis, Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, whatever Star Wars games you want, plus movies and/or video games on Triple Play's two HUGE TVs!!!

I want to thank Kevin at Triple Play for making this possible and encourage everyone here to get all your gaming and card and comic needs from Kevin and please let him know how much we appreciate him!!!

So, first I hope to see you this Saturday morning at Hero Con and then I will see you May 26th for our first Summer gaming night!!!

Here let me please repeat my plea to plan at least some of the Drive-ins for the last weekends of the month!!! Thank you!!!

Also, I will be in Little Rock for the week of the premiere, and I will miss all of you dreadfully--no offense to our fledgeling Arkansith Galactic Renegades, but I really have more good friends here.

Along these same lines--of me not being here the week of the premiere--Kevin would like to take advantage of the excitement and publicity surrounding the premiere, so if anyone is able to take up the slack I am leaving and plan a gaming night that week, please contact me or Kevin!!!

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much for taking the time to see that Game Nights will continue even after you've gone to Arkansas for the summer, Jacob. I'm glad you'll be coming back to join us periodically during the summer months, even though you won't be with us for the premier. I'll do what I can to schedule the Drive-In nights so you can catch at least a few of them.

3. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Again, it is my pleasure. Where would I be without my SMT fix or my gaming fix???

And thank you very much for considering me in terms of your scheduling! :D

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Hi everyone!!! I miss y'all terribly. It is very bittersweet to read your threads over here.

I have sorta bad news. My brother and his wife are coming to visit Memorial Day weekend. This was planned weeks ago, but apparently it wasn't important that I knew--how could I possibly plan something ahead of time?

Anyway, I won't be in Memphis for the long weekend that I was planning on. Right now things are up in the air and I might not be able to make it at all, but I am still planning on coming for Game night on Thursday and then coming back to LR sometime on Friday or on Saturday morning. If I can come, I hope to catch a digital showing at some point and would love to go with some Memphis FanForcers.

Just wanted to update you and also remind everyone about Game Night This coming Thursday. It is ON, if I am there or not! :D

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You heard the man, people! See y'all Thursday night!

Need someone to play Minis man until Jacob makes it back to us. Who's up to the challenge?

6. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    i've been talking to jacob through aim and we're working together for some of the future gaming nights. i'd be happy to do it when jacob isn't available.

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Good job, Elliot.

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yes, Elliott is acting Gaming and Minis Director whenever I am not in town. Thank you, Elliott, and thank you, as always, Master PalpaTim for your support and encouragement.

9. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I'll try and remember to bring my vids of the news casts and any pics I've got.

Don't forget folks, if you've got doubles/triples on some of your BK SW toys and want to trade bring them wih you.

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I am planning on coming and one of my friends from the ArkanSith is coming too. See you Thursday! :D

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    By the way, I am planning on catching a Digital Viewing at Malco Cordova after game night. Anyone is welcome to join me. :D

12. oobi-doobi-kenoobi

oobi-doobi-kenoobi Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Does anyone play attacktix? If we are able to come, my husband will bring his pieces if anyone wants to play.

Kellye

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I can bring some--maybe we can trade. I play with my kids sometimes.

14. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I can't make it out tonight, gang. I hate it, too! I was so looking forward to it. :( I might try, though. We'll see.

15. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I'm afraid I'll be a no show this time around. I've got to finish up a page today after work, then head home to work on a painting for Metropolis. I'm waaaaaay behind and running out of time!

I will take the night off for Drive-In Night!

16. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Same here. Work has had me bent over a barrel all week, and tonight is no different. Ugh. Trying to get a little ahead so we can head out of town next weekend to visit some family.

Sorry Jacob. We'll do our best to see you next time.

-Joe

17. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    even though a bunch of people couldn't make it this time, tonight's... well, last night's Game Night was pretty successful. The next gaming night will be two weeks from this one - it is scheduled for Thursday June 9th, and even though Jacob won't be with us for this one, I think we can still manage to have a great time.

18. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Had fun last night, y'all. I'm not really a gamer, but I enjoy hanging out and running my mouth.

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Dang- I'll miss that one. I'll be heading up to Metropolis that afternoon.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Do I need to whip you up a SuperLin costume?

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Nah, I'll just grab a red towel and wear my underwear on the outside! Worked as a kid. :)

22. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    I need to see hitchiker's again to get the right phraseology for this, but...
    Do you have your towel?

Maybe it is more funny or less funny for people who actually drink, but I missed the bit about the convergent evolution of Gin & Tonic in the movie--or was that not in the first book. I need to read those books again. It has been almost two decades. :?

23. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Hi there Memphis Fans
    I am Jacob's friend that came down with him from Arkansas. I am horrible with names, but it was nice to meet those of you that I met. It was a very enjoyable trip and I am jealous that you guys hook up at game nights like that. We have to start something like that at home...It was nice to meet other fans and your Comp USA thing, you guys looked great. It's nice to see good costuming. Maybe I'll see you all again at some other game night. Until then, May the force be with you, fellow fans.

24. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Elliott is organizing Game Night this week! Unfortunately I will not be there, but I do plan on making the next one--June 23rd.

Everybody come out and have fun this week--you know you haven't gotten enough of eachother in the last few weeks. :D

25. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    as jacob mentioned, this thursday night is a STAR WARS GAME NIGHT at Triple Play! i'm really hoping to draw in some new people and have as much of SMT show up as possible. even if you're not a minis fanatic like myself and jacob, there's something at Gaming Night for you to enjoy... we'll have videogames, trivial pursuit, star wars miniatures (and those who know how to play will be teaching anyone who wants to learn!), and a generally jovial time for all.

it will be on this thursday, June 9, from 5 pm to 9 pm at Triple Play (in case someone doesn't know, it's on Wolfcreek Parkway across from Wolfchase in between IHOP and Target).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.