main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Game Nights at Triple Play this Summer

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    Aw, sorry I can't come be more supportive, Elliott! We're on the way to Metropolis that night about 5 pm. I'm sure you'll do a great job, though!!

2. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    the turnout from last night's game night wasn't fantastic but i wuoldn't say it was all together unsuccessful. kelly came and we played a few games of minis with a few people (even triple play kevin joined in!) and we watched the clone wars on DVD. the next game night will be run by Jacob and it's on the last thursday of this month, the 30th if i'm not mistaken. i'm looking forward to it already :)

3. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Yes, we had a small turn out, but we had fun. TP Kevin was learning to play minis. It was very funny. I was playing with the seperatists and I could not kill Asajj with the General Grevious guards.

Looking forward to the next one.

Kelly

4. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005
    any word on when the next one will be? I don't get many Saturdays off so the Thursday game nights are the best shot for me to hang out.

5. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Sorry I couldn't make it. A little problem with kidney stones. I was zonked off my butt on percocet and flexiril.

I'll defer the questions about gaming night Elliot and Jacob.

6. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    hope you're feeling better now, tim (palpatim tim)!

the next game night should be the last thursday of this month - the 30th, and jacob will be running it and attending it as far as i know... even if he's not going to be there, one will happen :)

7. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm fine now, Elliott. Thanks for asking. Sorry I couldn't be there last week. I was sort of huddled in an unconcious heap of drug-induced unconciousness.

I'll be there on the 30th. I'll be glad to see everyone again!

8. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    30th sounds good for me. I was on I-55 heading north during the last one.

9. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I damned well could've been, for all I knew. I was pretty snowed.

10. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, it was supposed to be the 23rd because the original idea was to make it coincide with the last weekend of the month--but maybe it will be better on the 30th. I will check with my wife and with Kevin at Triple Play. This weekend is getting really fouled-up. That'll teach me to try to plan a whole summer in advance. :rolleyes: At this point I was planning on coming to Memphis on Thursday and going home that night or the next morning and then coming back to Memphis on Saturday--but even that was getting screwed up--my church is planning a swim Party for Saturday night that supposedly has been on the calendar for months, but they just bothered telling us about it this week. Ugh. So...I will get back to this thread as soon as I can coordinate with Kev and Moonpie.

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I talked to the bosses and next week it is. Star Wars Game Night will be Thursday June 30th from 5-9. Hope to see everyone there. :D :D :D :cool:

12. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Dont know of anything else going on that night!

Lin

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    FANtabulous! See you there, Lin.

14. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Where was I???

Tim, glad as heck you're over those dang kidney stones. We need to make a club of Kidney Stone Survivors!! I mean, those who didn't survive just, well, that'd be a weird clube to be a member of...

I plan to be at the next gaming night and MAYBE someone can teach me to play mini's. Wait, isn't there math involved. Nevermind. I'd be screwed. Doesn't someone have, like, I dunno: Star Wars Tic Tac Toe??

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    A kidney stone club? Oh, let's not.

Do we need more board games at gaming nights?

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I think that it never hurts to have more options. Does anyone have the Queen's Gambit or that other E1 game? The game store here in LR has them, but not at prices I can afford at the moment.

I would be glad to teach you minis, Kevin. The math isn't hard. Sorry that I haven't gotten you to play with me yet. What time do you think you will be arriving on Thursday?

Lin, or anyone else with the skills, could we get a new poster made for gaming nights? I was thinking that maybe we should make a permanent one with a white bar for the date and time and laminate it--updating the date with dry erase or something and hang it in the window at Triple Play and maybe another in the gaming area.

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Getting off work early today so I can come up to Memphis for Game Night!!! See y'all soon!

18. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Rob and I will be there. I am bringing patriotic chocolate chip cookies!!! (I hope that will get some more people there!) Can't wait to see everyone.

Kelly

19. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Alas, a cosmic confluence or work scheduling, car trouble, and prep for our trip this weekedn have changed a "we'll try to be there" to "sorry, folks, ain't gonna happen".
    Here's hoping the mechanic gets the car figured out today.

Have fun tonight y'all.

-Joe

20. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    AAAUUUGGH!

Jacob, would love to come out and play, but I forgot all about Game Night while talking to Di Anne Price, she's the last of the Memphis Barrelhouse Blues performers and invited me to a gig at the Orpheum Theater (setting aside a ticket for me...of course, I'm helping her set up and all).

I need a personal assistant (to work for free) to keep me in line!

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Sorry to hear that, Kevin. Good luck with your car and have a good trip, Joe. Tell Gina we'll miss her too.

Going to take a dip in the pool and then I am on the road!!!

22. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    I'll be there tonight.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

23. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Thanks to everyone that came out last night. We had a great time. It was really great to see Grace and Southaven Tim. Jacob kicked our butts in Trivial Pursuit as usual. The Emperor even brought his younglings out to play with us. Tim, your girls are so sweet and very mature for there ages.

Thanks to Elliot and Jacob for putting this together and to TP Kevin for allowing us to invade his store.

Looking forward to the next one!

Kelly

24. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    IS the next one planned already?? I can put it in my calendar. I'm going to keep up better with my date planning after today. I just found out I scheduled a quarterly MSCA Quarterly Meeting AND a movie on Saturday, PLUS dinner with some folks from the...ugh...I just need to slow down.

I think Sunday I may be going to see my Papa Roy in Mississippi. He's 98 and I really need to see him more often.

25. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    The next planned Game Night is July 28!!! Elliott and others were thinking of planning another in a couple weeks for those who can't wait that long.

Thank you everyone who came on Thursday! See you again soon!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.