main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Game Nights at Triple Play this Summer

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMule

DarthMule Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2003
    I put that date in my calendar!! Hopefully, I'll remember it THIS time. So, who's gonna teach me some mini's while I'm there? Elliott? Jacob? Kenny Baker?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Jack Purvis?

3. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Be glad to. Looking forward to it.

4. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    hello everyone! i know i've been slacking off but there is a game night scheduled for thursday july 14, which is exactly one week away from today. i realize that some people would need to work on some scheduling and i've cut short the time to work that out - i'm sorry! i hope to see so me people from SMT there.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Edited the title of the thread accordingly. I wish I could come. Have fun!!!

I need R2 and Grievous Jedi Hunter!!! Somebody help me!!!

6. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    As far as I know, Rob and I will be there Thursday. I am baking cookies again! Even if you don't want to game, come out and enjoy some good company and chocolate chip cookies! Can't wait to see everyone!

Kelly

7. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Chocolate chip cookies?? I'm in.

8. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    perhaps changing thursday's name to chocolate chip cookie night instead of game night would be appropriate, because i think we all know why anyone shows up now ;):D

9. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    [face_whistling]

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Doubt I'll be there Thursday. I've got other things going on.

11. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Tim, just bring your girls by. I really enjoyed having them there. How old is Emma? She seems very bright. I bet she is going to be a handfull when she gets a little older. Anyway, if you can't come, we will miss you. Everyone else better be there! Jay, Grace, Kevin, Lin, Gina & Joe. I want to see you guys. I am not baking these cookies for myself you know. (its terrible that I have to sink to bribery to get people to come to game night) We always have fun.

Kelly

12. Mistoffelees

Apr 12, 2005
    that's definitely the truth [face_dancing]

13. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    Lin ain't coming either. He'll be at San Diego Comic Con.

So, it's up to Elliott to teach me about Minis now. And Kelly to feed me a cookie or two.

14. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    I will bake a whole batch just for you Kevin. [face_love]

Kelly

15. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005

I sure do hope he takes some good pics of the Optimus Prime that they have at Comic Con. I saw what SuperheroHype has up but it is still covered.

16. DarthMule

Jun 6, 2003
    I hope he gets LOTS of groovy pictures. He bought an extra memory card, too.

EDIT: BTW, I just found out that due to forces beyond my control I won't be able to make it to game night tonight after all. Which really ticks me off. So, maybe next time, gang.

17. Timewalker

Timewalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2004
    Nope. Not gonna happen. I've finally caught whatever was making Gina sick since Sunday. Luckily she's doing better, but I feel like death warmed over.

Have fun.

-Joe

18. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    Great! No one but me, Robert and Elliot again. I am going to stop putting forth the effort if no one else is coming. (This means no cookies!) [face_not_talking]

Maybe its just me being paranoid again, [face_worried] (ask Gina & Joe) but it seems like if Tim is not present, then no one else feels like they have to come. WE ARE STILL A CLUB EVEN IF THE PRESIDENT IS NOT PRESENT.

I enjoy game nights and would like for them to continue to be held twice a month, but if we are not going to get the turnout, I don't see the point.

I know we all have busy lives (except for Rob and I) and everyone cannot make it to everything, but please, if you are available, we would love to have you come out.

This posting may seem a bit harsh, but I love spending time with all of the members of this club and want to do so more than once a month at drive in night. Please feel free to let loose on me. I will try not to take it personally. (I know, I know. Do or do not. There is no try.)

Kelly

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Don't know what Kevin has, but I am sure it is a legit excuse. Joe is sick. Lin is in San Diego. I'm in Little Rock. What do you want us to do. People hoped to make it and it didn't work out. Just see if next time is better.

The first one I was the only one there.

There have been others practically as bad...

:D Hope you have fun. Wish I was there.

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    No, people don't have to have me there to have an event- especially one that isn't hosted by the SMT. However, if folks aren't interested in a particular area such as gaming, then you can't make them attend. I myself have absolutely no interest in Minis or similar games. Granted, I come when I can, but I wouldn't expect someone who feels similarly to attend.

21. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    The next time you want to send me on a guilt trip, give me time to pack a bag.

Sometimes things work out and we all can show up (like the Xmas party) and sometimes people have other things to do.

Get over it.

22. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005
    Ok, I know I'm the new guy here so I guess I'm in the best position to say this. I was at game night tonight with Kelly, Robert and Elliot. I booked the Southaven library for costuming sessions for three consecutive weeks, the first one was canceled due to short notice, the second one was just me, Kelly and Robert . The next one is this Saturday and I'm thinking that if there isn't going to be a turn out for this one then I'll cancel it as well. And I still haven't even started on my costume yet Am I offended that there hasn't been much of a turn out for the few things that I have been able to attend? No. I would like to spend time with each and every one of you and get to know all of you better. That IS why I joined. On the other hand, the less people are there, the less that is going on but it does also give a chance to spend more one on one time with other people. I never had any desire to play minis but I did tonight and I had a blast. Thanks Elliot for teaching me to play, thanks Robert for playing with us. I'll touch on the costume issue in the costume thread. I guess what I'm trying to say is "If somebody isn't there, do we need them?" That comment isn't meant to offend but more to point out that we can still have a good time and/or do things with just a few of us. I don't think Kelly's comments are meant to offend or send anybody on a guilt trip but I can say this, she has been there for every event that I have been to. I know that isn't many but still, in the short time I have been around she has put forth a lot of effort. Possibly the most effort I have seen so far out of anybody other than Tim ( it can't be easy to set up everything for drive in night alone ) I understand that if you are putting forth effort for friends or events and there isn't anybody there then you start to ask yourself "why bother?" Well, the reason people bother is because they care about their friends and want to spend time with them. Am I wrong? If so please tell me. I guess what I'm trying to say is I didn't go to game night tonight because I'm a big fan of minis, I didn't go for the cookies, I went to get to know people in the club better and to hang out with people I consider my new friends. If some of them were not there, then so be it. Hopefully I'll get to know you guys later but I can honestly say I had fun with the people I was with and hopelfully next time there will be more people to have fun with. If I have offended anybody just keep in mind I'm the new guy and I don't know what I'm talking about :)

23. DRAMA

DRAMA Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2004
    Hello, friends.

24. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Sorry i didn't make it this evening. I was very very busy at work until about 10 tonight. Unfortunatly, Darth.."Real life" has taken over. You know, the need to pay rent, eat, pay back people who have given me funds to live.. :) I understand your feelings Kelly, your needs and desires to spend time with people in the group. However, the greater need to fufil the basic needs of our mundane lives will overpower "Gameing nights" every time. As will it overpower every event of every group that I belong to that does not bring monetary assistance to me. I do have days off, sometimes I even spend them resting...and sometimes I'm a little late to our events. I'm sorry that people didn't show up to the gaming night, but perhaps their thoughts and priorities lay elsewhere, I'm sure you can understand that :) I don't think there is an intentional plot from others in the group to neglect game night. I for one, could care less of Mini's, or trivial pursuit. At C3, I rode with Tim, Traci, Rhonda, Sal and Grace. But when we got there, some of us parted ways. It's not like we didn't care about each other, it's because we all had different interests.

25. kellrob

Sep 15, 2004
    I guess I am feeling like Harry Potter in The Order of the Phoenix. It hurts that no one comes because I care so much. I know we all have different priorities. I can understand illness, or having to work. But not coming because you don't think you will have a good time is under-estimating the power of game night. It is not just about playing games. It is about spending time with people you enjoy and getting to know them better. Good relations with the rest of the club, I want to have.

Well, last night Robert, Elliott, and I played what seemed like the shortest Monopoly game ever. Robert bankrupted both of us. While I finished reading HP5, Elliott, Robert, and Southaven Tim played minis. We had a nice time and a lot of cookies left over.

Gina, no guilt trip intended. I just seem to have less of a life than everyone else. I am trying to get one, but they are hard to come by. And I am about to have even less of one because next week is our final Financial Peace University class. So I will have more free time. (pathetic, ain't it)

Kelly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.