main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Game of the Month Club

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Vengance1003, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I've got a Wii, duh.

2. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    omg, SC. I think you are in need of a 360/PS3 if you are going to participate in sed event.

3. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Touchè, SC, touchè.

4. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    Sounds pretty cool, count me in.

5. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    room for 1 more?

6. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Well if you need a PS3 and a 360 I may have to drop as well. I can do the 360, don't own one but have access to one, but the PS3 is a different story. :(

7. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    When my time comes i plan on doing an older pc game so most people should be safe there. However, I have a list of games that i want to choose from but haven't decided yet. There are games taht you can just do a google search of and find and download, are those legal? Games like old sierra adventure games that are no longer in distribution since no one is selling them, is downloading from a website allowed?

8. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    So, who in how many people in total have started playing? Something tells me I may have to pick different game.

Probably should have figured out what the majority of people own console wise/PC wise that way everyone is able to get the picked game for the month.

Also, what is the criteria to discuss the game? Are we discussing the game as we move along or are we just going to play the game to completion like the Book of the Month thing?

9. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    I don't care what game you choose, as long as you think it will be good. Also, I don't care who plays or when you discuss it,just so we do. I don't really have time to play due to school, and won't be able to get to it until MLK weekend, but that doesn't stop anyone else from discussing it. This is a community project so you guys can do what ever you want. Also, we still have sign-up slots free so SIGN UP! :p

10. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    Prince, how about you start off the discussion of the game with a brief review or something.

11. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Yes, I'll think of something.

Sorry for the delay...but I just purchased the game today (had to save funds for it).

I'll be sure to write up something soon.

12. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    So, I've gotten through about the first quarter of the game. The not dying aspect is something I think I'll cover that later.

As a first impression, Prince of Persia is obviously a reboot with style that's not just covers the cel-shading that embodies it. The Prince himself seems like a typical main character that happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm surprised at how filled it is with quick-time events. Aside from using button combination's during battle, there's not much else to the gameplay except climbing all kinds of surfaces to rid the world of the black goo that surrounds the plains.

Suppose, I'll leave it at that for now till I get further in the game, what do you guys think?

13. Singh001

Singh001 Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2009
    Thanks Seduction King!

14. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    ^ Nice, welcome to the board and probably goodbye with your seduction king ways.

On topic, I have not gotten this game yet, I have been moving the past two weeks, finding a house and finallizing the move in and move out from my dorm room right now, should be fully moved in by thursday and then itll be time for a new couch and bed and foods and living area stuff. Afterwards, I don't know if I'll get this game in the first place, I heard from a reliable friend that it is a horrible game, about a 4/10 who liked Assassin's Creed about the same as I did and has the same viwes usually.

15. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    bump.

We really haven't been moving forward with this thread, have we? I think March is DarthBobbalots turn.

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think a much better idea would be to go for older PC and console (eg SNES/Mega Drive/up to PS1-age) games. They're easily available from various places, most everyone can play them, and if you've never experience them before now is the time to try. :p

I don't know that there's many of us that want to check out a new next-gen game every month, especially those of us with limited consoles, time, and cash. For example, next-gen games cost $90-$120 new here, and $50 when old (as in, 2 years +). Much better to go with PS2 or older games.

17. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Crap, I completely forgot about this. I haven't played a game that lasts more than 2 hours since summer or so due to how much time I have, so I wouldn't be the best person to lead this. I do like Marcus's idea though.

18. sith_hunter117

Jul 18, 2008
    Yeah I sorta agree with Marcus as well. Newer games are getting really expensive, and even here in Plano money is getting tight :p . Vengeance, maybe you can get one of the mods to lead this thread, because this actually had some potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.