VIDEO Game of the Month: October 2013

Discussion in 'Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Oct 1, 2013.

?

Pick the one you look most forward to or like the best..

Poll closed Nov 1, 2013.
LEGO: Marvel Superheroes (Win, WiiU, X360, PS3, 3DS, NDS) 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3, X360, Wii U) 3 vote(s) 17.6%
Battlefield 4 (Win, X360, PS3) 5 vote(s) 29.4%
NBA 2K14 (PS3, X360) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Pokemon X & Y (3DS) 3 vote(s) 17.6%
Rain (PS3) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Skylanders: Swap Force (Wii, WiiU, X360, PS3 0 vote(s) 0.0%
F1 2013 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Batman: Arkham Origins 2 vote(s) 11.8%
  1. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    I know graphics don't make a game good but if it was BF4 would be the best game ever.
  2. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Well it's a good thing that Battlefield 4 is a great game despite the graphics.
  3. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I have not even played the Beta yet so I wasn't going to judge on the gameplay. But this game looks amazing no mater what.
  4. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    If BF4 doesn't dethrone CoD this year there's no hope for gaming. It'll be proof people are lemmings.
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm going to politely disagree. To me Battlefield and CoD are two very different games. Battlefield has huge maps and a more in depth battle experience, whereas CoD is more about kill streaks and rapid action. I enjoy both franchises because they offer different things and different experiences. That said, it'd be great if Battlefield 4 did better than CoD.
  6. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Getting Beyond: Two Souls and Batman: Arkham Origins. Have a feeling it will be tough to pick between them.

Got AC4 pre-ordered for PS4 so won't be able to ascertain it's quality until then. Will likely be getting LEGO Marvel Superheroes too, but I can't really place that up with more cinematic games (though Batman 2 and LOTR were pretty cinematic).
    Last edited by 07jonesj, Oct 7, 2013
  7. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Picking up AC4. Never got around to playing an AC game, but AC3's setting made it highly tempting. However, AC4's tropical setting (I am a sucker for games with beaches and blue water :cool:) and Pirate theme* sold me.

Not planning on getting a PS4 or XB1- at least not for several years (quite honestly, a PS3 is far more tempting of a purchase right now, given the highly desirable exclusives that have finally started to amount on it), so the next-gen versions are a non-factor to me.

I'm still digging through Arkham City's bonus content after only having played the game over the summer, so I'm in no rush to grab Origins- though the discounted price for the lack of multiplayer on the Wii U version makes it tempting. Still, I'm going to wait and see how it is before deciding down the road.

*And, even though it's from an entirely different game, I can have this song playing constantly in the background while I play:

[IMG]
    Last edited by The2ndQuest, Oct 7, 2013
    Zeta1127, 07jonesj and Ramza like this.
  8. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I also absolutely want a PS3 before I even think about the next generation, @The2ndQuest.
  9. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    I see I remain the only person excited for 80s, 90s and early 00s content in F1 2013 :p

@The2ndQuest, I take it Far Cry 3 was a favourite then? What about Just Cause 2?
    Last edited by Ender Sai, Oct 7, 2013
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Blood Dragon remains high on my must-get list. Never played any of the Just Causes.