main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Game of the Month: October 2013

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Oct 1, 2013.

?

Pick the one you look most forward to or like the best..

Poll closed Nov 1, 2013.
  1. LEGO: Marvel Superheroes (Win, WiiU, X360, PS3, 3DS, NDS)

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3, X360, Wii U)

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Battlefield 4 (Win, X360, PS3)

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. NBA 2K14 (PS3, X360)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pokemon X & Y (3DS)

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  6. Rain (PS3)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. Skylanders: Swap Force (Wii, WiiU, X360, PS3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. F1 2013

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  10. Batman: Arkham Origins

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I know graphics don't make a game good but if it was BF4 would be the best game ever.

2. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    Well it's a good thing that Battlefield 4 is a great game despite the graphics.

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Well I have not even played the Beta yet so I wasn't going to judge on the gameplay. But this game looks amazing no mater what.

4. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    If BF4 doesn't dethrone CoD this year there's no hope for gaming. It'll be proof people are lemmings.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm going to politely disagree. To me Battlefield and CoD are two very different games. Battlefield has huge maps and a more in depth battle experience, whereas CoD is more about kill streaks and rapid action. I enjoy both franchises because they offer different things and different experiences. That said, it'd be great if Battlefield 4 did better than CoD.

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Getting Beyond: Two Souls and Batman: Arkham Origins. Have a feeling it will be tough to pick between them.

Got AC4 pre-ordered for PS4 so won't be able to ascertain it's quality until then. Will likely be getting LEGO Marvel Superheroes too, but I can't really place that up with more cinematic games (though Batman 2 and LOTR were pretty cinematic).

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Picking up AC4. Never got around to playing an AC game, but AC3's setting made it highly tempting. However, AC4's tropical setting (I am a sucker for games with beaches and blue water :cool:) and Pirate theme* sold me.

Not planning on getting a PS4 or XB1- at least not for several years (quite honestly, a PS3 is far more tempting of a purchase right now, given the highly desirable exclusives that have finally started to amount on it), so the next-gen versions are a non-factor to me.

I'm still digging through Arkham City's bonus content after only having played the game over the summer, so I'm in no rush to grab Origins- though the discounted price for the lack of multiplayer on the Wii U version makes it tempting. Still, I'm going to wait and see how it is before deciding down the road.

*And, even though it's from an entirely different game, I can have this song playing constantly in the background while I play:

[​IMG]

Zeta1127, 07jonesj and Ramza like this.
  8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I also absolutely want a PS3 before I even think about the next generation, The2ndQuest.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I see I remain the only person excited for 80s, 90s and early 00s content in F1 2013 :p

The2ndQuest, I take it Far Cry 3 was a favourite then? What about Just Cause 2?

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Blood Dragon remains high on my must-get list. Never played any of the Just Causes.