main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Game of Thrones Creators to [no longer] Write and Produce a New Series of Star Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    Just one issue, Game of Thones isn't Good is dumb and Evil is smart, its is Good does not win by virtue of being Good alone. It is understanding society, culture, attitudes, laws, as much as understanding tactics. That there is a difference between ruthless and cruel and the cartoon villainy of parable characters, that a righteous cause will not grant victory because of righteousness, and what one side sees a righteous another side might seem as extreme.

Show Danny being called out on the mass execution of the Wise Masters, and not checking on the decision making process and seeing who actually ordered the crucifixion of children. Realizing far too late she likely killed some reformist masters, who would have likely aided her trying to disassemble the slave system on more realistic terms. In the books even tough it is in her point of view and she is quite myopic it is clear Daenarys is deeply out of her capabilities as a leader.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Star wars with rape oh yeah give me the gore and brutal deaths

Joking but i am excited for this

3. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    How did this get to sex and race?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Game of thrones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I wonder if this series will have nudity.:D

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They can get away with it, hey, whaddya know, Twi'Lek's don't have nipples!

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  8. Fallen Jedi Master

Apr 13, 2017
    ok where did that picture come from was that made by actally star wars people

Boy the game of thrones guys are going to have fun with that
    Also i thoght wookiepedia wouldn't so a picture like that guess i was wrong

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    TIL about Reptomammals

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  11. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Interesting going every 2 years. I can't help but feel it's a slight over reaction to Solo . If they had simply released that in December rather than May, it would have made good numbers at the box office.

Yearly Star Wars still works for me, but if this achieves the excitement/build up Disney want resulting in good box office then decision will be justified.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's the same as it has been, just no anthology movies in between. Part of it might be restrategizing after Solo, but I'm guessing it's mostly because by then there will be at least two live action series to fill that void.

13. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Yea true and the wait will be offset by the Mandalorian and Cassian

14. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The resurrection of this thread provides the opportunity to revisit the comedy gold that is its first three pages or so. Some of those hot takes on the news that Benioff and Weiss would be creating Star Wars movies are classic stuff.

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Still, the anthology movies were my favorites so far, so I am sad.

....Also, man that is a lot of movies. I hadn't realized they made so many every year.

Mia Mesharad and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]

Solo is still the most hard core nerd film around.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It's why I'm glad Anthology is essentially going to Disney + the format seems more appropriate there.

18. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    As opposed to nowadays, where reception to the last season of GOT has cheerfully won over all dissenters.

[face_mischief]

Point Given and Ulicus like this.
  19. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yeah the way Season 8 of GOT has been going I don't know if I'm looking forward to them on Star Wars anymore.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    A lot of people are feeling that way it seems. If they borrow from the KOTOR source material like they did with GRRM's books for GOT then it may be decent. I did enjoy the seasons prior to where they ran out of material; it just seems they've kind of checked out.

Otherwise, my hope is that they do something strictly original. This way people can't complain they are screwing something up or not sticking to a certain vision set me the creator. People will still complain, just not about that. :p

At this point, Lucasfilm needs someone with a vision, Marvel's version of Kevin Feige. Then that person would/should oversee the big picture and keep everyone on task storyline wise with the directors and writers.

21. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    My main concern can be summed up in one sentence

"Dany kind of forgot about the iron fleet"

Anyone watching that, needs to be seriously concerned about D&D's writing competence.

22. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, wonder why they ran out.... Oh yeah, some dude didn't write any more books.

24. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Great case of "right place, right time" for these writers it seems. Got the GOT writing job, super high profile and popular show, so they're on everyone's radars. But are they actually good writers? Starting to become very questionable

Anedon, FS26 and kalzeth like this.
  25. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    *colin trevorrow intensifies*